Permanent Cutbacks on Carnival

JT1962

6 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

OK, still confused.  Is this a joke about senior citizens?  Sorry, if I'm not getting something obvious. It's been a long day.

So many Carnival cruisers seem to want to eat early these days (I'm not one of them). Then maybe early to bed? So food after 10pm would be a don't care. Breakfast at 4:30am might be.

{not one of my better attempts a humor}

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 1

So real question as I was talking to some friends who liked doing the door hangers for room service breakfast.

I watched the vlogger La Vida Loca the other day and he pretty much had the same questions....

Has it been clarified if...

Will guests need to get up at 5am to order their room service in order to receive it at say, 6am?

Or can guests put in their order the night before?

Regards. PCLL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

So many Carnival cruisers seem to want to eat early these days (I'm not one of them). Then maybe early to bed? So food after 10pm would be a don't care. Breakfast at 4:30am might be.

Oh, OK.  Thanks.  Got it.  Didn't know that was the trend.  We have always chosen Late Seating.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

This is creative but should be completely unnecessary on a cruise vacation, it's quite sad that folks have to stuff food in bags to hoard for later in order to eat when they're hungry. Cruising is supposed to be a luxury type vacation. 

Sorry, I love cruising as much as anyone, but Carnival and luxury do NOT belong in the same sentence. Don't flame me, my last cruise was on Carnival, and so is the next one, but they are not a luxury cruise line.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

Sorry, I love cruising as much as anyone, but Carnival and luxury do NOT belong in the same sentence. Don't flame me, my last cruise was on Carnival, and so is the next one, but they are not a luxury cruise line.

No Carnival has never been luxury but it used to be nicer than it is now. I don't know if culture or Carnival has shifted - my guess is a little of both. As others have said though, you can still get that type of experience on a cruise ship - just not on a Carnival ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

I took it as cruisingguy007 meant cruising in general (even on Carnival) was a "luxury type vacation" as compared to other types of non-cruise vacations such as drive-to or fly-to locations, stay in a hotel, seek out and pay for every meal and entertainment separately, lacking frequent attention of waiters/drink servers/room stewards/etc. ; camping ; etc.

Edited by ShakyBeef
punctuation
  • Like 2

We are taking our first cruise with Carnival in October.  I have to say my excitement is decreasing.  We're not "fancy" by any means but do like a bit of pampering.  I am trying to keep an open mind but hadn't considered needing to pack Tupperware for snacks....🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, darinb1345 said:

We are taking our first cruise with Carnival in October.  I have to say my excitement is decreasing.  We're not "fancy" by any means but do like a bit of pampering.  I am trying to keep an open mind but hadn't considered needing to pack Tupperware for snacks....🤪

You won’t NEED to pack Tupperware for snacks.  You can gorge yourself all day long.  If you need to eat something after dinner, you can do the deli till 11:00, the pizza plus till 4:00, or room service for a fee.  If none of those suits your needs and you want another option, you CAN save food in your cabin.  You are not REQUIRED to…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Drew B 58 said:

You won’t NEED to pack Tupperware for snacks.  You can gorge yourself all day long.  If you need to eat something after dinner, you can do the deli till 11:00, the pizza plus till 4:00, or room service for a fee.  If none of those suits your needs and you want another option, you CAN save food in your cabin.  You are not REQUIRED to…

Thanks, Drew. It was my attempt at humor. Trying to keep it on the light side. For vacation boards people get nasty!!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

As you know many like early set dinner or perhaps anytime dining prior to 615 pm.  They might want a bite around 1100 instead of wanting to go to bed and eating breakfast at 600 am.  But if the pizza line is too long, they might need to wait till 600 am.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, darinb1345 said:

Thanks, Drew. It was my attempt at humor. Trying to keep it on the light side. For vacation boards people get nasty!!  

It’s a very bizarre phenomenon. I don’t know why people care so much what other people do on vacation.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

As you know many like early set dinner or perhaps anytime dining prior to 615 pm.  They might want a bite around 1100 instead of wanting to go to bed and eating breakfast at 600 am.  But if the pizza line is too long, they might need to wait till 600 am.

They might. They might not. Despite what some tabloids reported, Carnival is still mulling over what they might or might not do permanently. I don't see much value in debating hypotheticals.

There are still staffing issues on ships which probably are not permanent. One example is Princess recently announced cancellation of cruises on Diamond Princess due to staffing issues.

• Like 1

POG, or Passion Orange Guava, is a tropical juice drink created in 1971 by a food product consultant named Mary Soon, who worked for Haleakala Dairy on Maui, Hawaii. The name POG is an acronym for three fruits from which it is made: passionfruit, orange, and guava.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darinb1345 said:

My response was meant to be humorous, too.  Hard to convey tone sometimes…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Drew B 58 said:

There's definitely a few options. People like to pretend that other cruise lines have everything going all day.

The deli is seriously underrated. I remember when they "changed it" and everyone cried of cutbacks. Since Carnival tries to "preassemble" the sandwiches, people associate it with prepackaged gas station food. I actually like the new menu better. It is quite good.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I would love to see breakfast options at 0430 hours. I've been getting up at 4 am since high school. At home I am eating breakfast at 0430. On a cruise I have to wait till 0700 to eat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

There's definitely a few options. People like to pretend that other cruise lines have everything going all day.

The deli is seriously underrated. I remember when they "changed it" and everyone cried of cutbacks. Since Carnival tries to "preassemble" the sandwiches, people associate it with prepackaged gas station food. I actually like the new menu better. It is quite good.

Last sandwich I had from the Deli was still frozen in the middle and crust was so hard I actually chipped a tooth trying to eat it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Retiredmedic said:

Last sandwich I had from the Deli was still frozen in the middle and crust was so hard I actually chipped a tooth trying to eat it. 

How long ago was that? I don't think the Deli has any frozen sandwiches anymore. Everything that I've ordered anyway is fresh made to order.

• Like 2

my issue with the deli is were is the meat? The deli used to make great sandwiches with lots of meat in them. Now with these preassemble sandwich's you only get like 1 to 2 small slices of meat 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

my issue with the deli is were is the meat? The deli used to make great sandwiches with lots of meat in them. Now with these preassemble sandwich's you only get like 1 to 2 small slices of meat 

I was on the Splendor  in May and the Ecstasy in June, and there were no pre-made sandwiches at the deli. All of the sandwiches were made as you ordered and had lots of meat on them.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

There was one time they skimped on my corned beef. You can always ask for more

• Like 3

People like to pretend that other cruise lines have everything going all day.

NCL's the Local/O'Sheehans is open 24 hours a day and RCI's Sorrento's is open 24 hours a day and Princess's International Cafe is open 24 hours a day.  No pretending going on, these are facts.

The fact that Carnival has cut back the hours of the pizza place is not that big of a deal, but it is a big deal that it's the only place to get something to eat that's free after 10:00 pm on the Excel Class.

• Like 2