Testing could be changing again as of the 14th

23 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

The 14th is a Sunday. Zero percent chance of any communications happening on a Sunday. 

Live update, I'd agree.  But, it's possible that it could be pre-loaded into the site for a scheduled publication on Sunday, Aug 14th at whatever time.  I'm not saying it will happen.  Just saying it's possible.  

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Live update, I'd agree.  But, it's possible that it could be pre-loaded into the site for a scheduled publication on Sunday, Aug 14th at whatever time.  I'm not saying it will happen.  Just saying it's possible.  

Have you met Royal’s IT department? 😂

• Haha 4

On 8/5/2022 at 12:05 PM, BND said:

Well, let's crack open this nut.  First, I'm not responsible for someone who is at high risk who decides to cruise (or do anything else).  They are.  Second, lots of people are exposed on a regular basis and no one tests to go shopping, out to eat, to movies, etc. Everyone is responsible for themselves and just like they've always done, anyone at high risk of any illness needs to take care of themselves.  Testing is far from perfect.  I understand you're afraid, but by your argument no one should go anywhere or do anything without testing first in case they might expose someone.

I agree. Anyone who is at risk of severe Covid symptoms or are immunocompromised, must protect themselves. Don't expect me to protect you at this point in time. An N95 mask is protective for anyone who is at risk.

• Like 10

On 8/5/2022 at 12:05 PM, BND said:

Well, let's crack open this nut.  First, I'm not responsible for someone who is at high risk who decides to cruise (or do anything else).  They are.  Second, lots of people are exposed on a regular basis and no one tests to go shopping, out to eat, to movies, etc. Everyone is responsible for themselves and just like they've always done, anyone at high risk of any illness needs to take care of themselves.  Testing is far from perfect.  I understand you're afraid, but by your argument no one should go anywhere or do anything without testing first in case they might expose someone.

BRAVO! Well said, I agree 100 percent!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I agree. Anyone who is at risk of severe Covid symptoms or are immunocompromised, must protect themselves. Don't expect me to protect you at this point in time. An N95 mask is protective for anyone who is at risk.

Spot on, well said!

Edited by skywonder
  • Like 2

On 8/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, ober134 said:

I know this probably won't be popular opinion and I won't engage any arguments. Retired health care worker..  And now since the majority Population (meaning more than half) has received the vaccine, the non vaxxers are in the minority. Keep vaccine requirement in place but drop testing. if you choose to forego the vax, I respect your choice (but I still dont understand) but your choice does come with consequences

I have two RN's and one Doctor in my family and they all disagree with what you are saying, I am not trying to be disrespectful to you, just stating a point. Even health care workers differ in their opinions and that is a fact. It is time to move on and get back to normal life again. The worst is over!

• Like 7

On 8/8/2022 at 9:31 AM, Tree_skier said:

NCL has now dropped their vaccine requirement for all but a few destinations effective Sept 3. They have also dropped testing for vaccinated travelers.

🙂 

It's almost over 🙏🏻

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Watch for Royal's in the next day or so.  

Great news! 🥳

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Although we had to upload our vax cards for Liberty 7/31, no one asked to see them at the pier.  

We were just on Mariner and had to show our vax cards twice at Port Canaveral.  I don't think anything is going to keep Covid or other diseases off the ships.  If it is going to happen it is going to happen.  No one is wearing masks anymore either at least in Disney and the airports. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Although we had to upload our vax cards for Liberty 7/31, no one asked to see them at the pier.  

I'm always ready with ours, I carry them in a small clear vinyl envelope I keychain to my purse.  They, my license, passport cards and Set Sail Pass go in there, easy peasy.

bb.png

9 hours ago, skywonder said:

I have two RN's and one Doctor in my family and they all disagree with what you are saying, I am not trying to be disrespectful to you, just stating a point. Even health care workers differ in their opinions and that is a fact. It is time to move on and get back to normal life again. The worst is over!

And I have one nurse and two physicians in mine and they all have to vax, what of it.  I vax because I'm at risk so if I get it at least it may be less of a problem.  I am under no disillusion that the vaccine can keep me from getting it at all...and by the same token, testing nor masking can't either, nor can testing insure it can't be brought onboard.  Hasn't almost 3 years proven that already.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:05 PM, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

I did not read through all the pages

im just wondering what’s the chances of no testing needing to be done for our 9 night cruise going out of Rome the end of next month 

Am on the same cruise, hoping it will all be a distant memory and we will not have to have the pre tests done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

If they are going to make an announcement effective the 14th they need to do it by tomorrow because that would be when people would go get tested if they have a cruise on the 14th. 

It would never be effective on the 14th...the announcement would be expected on the 14th effective a few weeks later I'm sure.

1 hour ago, msuspartabigten said:

It would never be effective on the 14th...the announcement would be expected on the 14th effective a few weeks later I'm sure.

For those clients booked after August 14, 2022, please await the specific protocol details from us related to those sailings

So why say the above ?

50 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

Loyal to Royal but NCL has their act together. 1 Chart. Clear instructions. No need for a million calls, google searches, speculations etc etc etc

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

What is unclear about Royal’s guidance? 

Be Vaccinated, take a test if your cruise is 6 days or longer (based on the same destination parameters as NCL) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Be Vaccinated, take a test if your cruise is 6 days or longer (based on the same destination parameters as NCL) 

LOL, the only time I get confused about Royal's protocols is when I read in these social media cruise blogs, things like this:  my friend heard this, my brother in law said that, brand X cruise line is doing that, I found a note in a bottle at the beach that said something............ 

Then I go back to Royal's FAQ and all is well again.  We should be looking at the one and only official source of Royal's policies, and that's royalcaribbean.com, got to their FAQ feature and get the answer your are looking for, at least for this COVID bollix crap.  I promise, if I say something about a change, I'll post a link to it, from Royal's site, and copy and paste the text.  There should be no doubt after that.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

NCL clearly outlines in a chart what is required including for vaccinated, unvaccinated, by age and when using a certificate of recovery. All of the required information is on 1 page and 1 page only. Royal doesn't have that anywhere on their site. I am using a certificate of recovery and couldn't get a straight answer. Have to search for the information on their website as it is not linked anywhere in their info pages. Called Royal and got different responses from different reps.