Chicken, chicken every where but not an ounce of Beef!

Cruisegoer

10 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Old tv commercial was an older female yelling  "WHERE'S THE BEEF" Maybe the old female actress could announce that in the middle of the OVC.

Was that the place that made SQUARE hamburgers?  Everyone knows burgers are round.

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Wendy's. Their tag line was "where's the beef". Mid '80s. Clara Peller made it famous. 

I used to go to Wendy’s for the cold frosties and the warm soda.  Until one day they took my digital order only to lock the doors before I got there.  Not everyone drives.  No refund.  No answer from customer service.  Now I go to McDonalds.

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I used to go to Wendy’s for the cold frosties and the warm soda.  Until one day they took my digital order only to lock the doors before I got there.  Not everyone drives.  No refund.  No answer from customer service.  Now I go to McDonalds.

Look for the golden arches. You deserve a break today. 🤡🍔

10 hours ago, keesar said:

Be careful what you wish for.  I have stayed away from the beef carving station at the Oceanview as I found it tough.  But it is a good workout eating it. 😀 If you want excellent beef, splurge for a Specialty Restaurant.  

Actually, he could pound the beef before eating it... or ask for it to be warmed up again after beating it tender... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

Celebrity has a "cost cutting initiative" happening as do most of the other cruiselines.   They are all trying to survive.   The more Expensive Celebrity ships are getting better food quality.....The older ships have lesser food quality and slow internet.....If you go from Apex or Beyond to Connie or Infinity...it is almost like a different cruiseline.  IMHO

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2022 at 4:11 AM, zitsky said:

Leg of lamb at the buffet?  Are we cruising Cunard?

I always had leg of lamb on Celebrity. Not daily but 1-2x a week. They usually serve it with apple sauce or mint jelly and it's delicious.

Edited by Fly and Sail

On 8/8/2022 at 7:08 AM, Buckeye94 said:

I usually eat dinner in the MDR or Specialty restaurants, but I have to say that dinner in Oceanview can be delightful. Quiet. Fewer guests so staff are very attentive. Never had to wait long for wine to be topped off. Yes, steaks, lamb, lots of tasty options. Maybe not the flair of the dining room, but I also felt comfortable dressed very casually and plenty of window seats!  (You know, night 9 or so in a 12-night, and you just don't want to get dressed up again...until you realize it's almost over night 10 or 11! 😂)

All that said, and to the OP, I do hope they offer more than chicken. Although I must say, I had the most tasty, moist, herb and lemon roasted chicken in the Oceanview cafe.

Can't agree more. Sometimes I'm just fed up with the BLU/MDR dance and want to eat in peace at my own pace.

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I always had leg of lamb on Celebrity. Not daily but 1-2x a week. They usually serve it with apple sauce or mint jelly and it's delicious.

The lamb is actually very good on the ship.  This is from the carving station in the buffet and also in Blu.  Having it with apple sauce, mashed potatoes and carrots makes a nice lunch at the buffet.  

As for dinner in the buffet, I have been surprised by the quality of the ribeye.  It is grilled to your order.  And it is really quiet up there and I can dress very casually.  What also brings us to dinner there is the theme nights from various countries.  There was a Greek night that was really special.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

Celebrity has a "cost cutting initiative" happening as do most of the other cruiselines.   They are all trying to survive.   The more Expensive Celebrity ships are getting better food quality.....The older ships have lesser food quality and slow internet.....If you go from Apex or Beyond to Connie or Infinity...it is almost like a different cruiseline.  IMHO

How recently have you been on these four ships?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

On Summit in June.  Food was good.  On the MDR menu, there were lots of beef options. On 2 evenings, roast beef was on the menu. Ate it both times. It was delicious. Portions were very generous.  

The same on our April cruise on Summit. Totally agree.

9 hours ago, cruiseerf said:

Thanks for the morning laugh. 😂

15 minutes ago, ridgecrest said:

I am on the Summit now and this is what is being served for lunch at the Oceanview Cafe carving station.  I can’t tell you how it tasted as I got a Mexican chicken leg 😀.

5F064170-9E7F-41B6-9BC6-3471C69C67F8.jpeg

Wow...that looks like a torso-sized chunk of meat.   

47 minutes ago, ridgecrest said:

I am on the Summit now and this is what is being served for lunch at the Oceanview Cafe carving station.  I can’t tell you how it tasted as I got a Mexican chicken leg 😀.

5F064170-9E7F-41B6-9BC6-3471C69C67F8.jpeg

The great Jurassic Park cruise.

21 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Looks like beef to me, guess no more “where’s the beef” as it is definitely on the Summit!

That's one day....plus the Summit is currently on a 12 day Iceland cruise.  It's sold out and the few left available last week were selling for roughly $9500pp for a balcony stateroom. 

THEY DESERVE BEEF IN THE BUFFET DAILY!

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2022 at 8:25 AM, bookitdanno said:

The same on our April cruise on Summit. Totally agree.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, davekathy said:

Gone due to supply chain issues. Check back in a couple of years., 

On 8/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, davekathy said:

Gone due to supply chain issues. Check back in a couple of years., 

We were on Summit in Sept, Constellation in November & Infinity in August:  on all 3,  we found no shortage of beef in Oceanview or various steak cuts in MDR, Luminae or Tuscan.  (thought 18 oz steaks over the top in Tuscan but .....)  

48 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

We were on Summit in Sept, Constellation in November & Infinity in August:  on all 3,  we found no shortage of beef in Oceanview or various steak cuts in MDR, Luminae or Tuscan.  (thought 18 oz steaks over the top in Tuscan but .....)  

My comment was tongue in cheek. 😏