current cruise directors on p&o at the moment

club67

P&O do not have Cruise Directors any more the job has been disseminated and most of the decisions that a Cruise Director made are now made by Operations in Southampton.

The nearest you have is the Entertainment Manager.

Neil Oliver is the lead Entertainment Manager on Arvia. I believe he has recently left Britannia for shore-leave before taking up the position to launch the ship.

Emma Alexander is the lead on Iona.

P&O didnt have a need for Cruise Director and Entertainment Manager, so the roles were combined but until the Entertainment Manager title. Seperate CD/EM roles become more important where you have multiple embarkation ports on a cruise, Also the american lines keep a CD as it tends to be a revenue focused role. I believe that bit of the P&O CD role when to the Hotel General Manager/Pursers team.

Edited by molecrochip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Neil Oliver is the lead Entertainment Manager on Arvia. I believe he has recently left Britannia for shore-leave before taking up the position to launch the ship.

Emma Alexander is the lead on Iona.

P&O didnt have a need for Cruise Director and Entertainment Manager, so the roles were combined but until the Entertainment Manager title. Seperate CD/EM roles become more important where you have multiple embarkation ports on a cruise, Also the american lines keep a CD as it tends to be a revenue focused role. I believe that bit of the P&O CD role when to the Hotel General Manager/Pursers team.

Thanks. Do you know who the EM on Aurora is at present?

8 minutes ago, Danamis said:

He was on Ventura earlier this year. 

I hope he is on Ventura at the end of October when we will be on board. Very good at his job and an interesting person.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Danamis said:

He was on Ventura earlier this year. 

Thanks, I’m glad he’s still around. I was on two legs of the world cruise in 2017 and when he took over half way through, there was a noticeable change in atmosphere (for the better) around the entertainment offerings. I felt the previous CD wasn’t enjoying his job much, and it showed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Thanks, I’m glad he’s still around. I was on two legs of the world cruise in 2017 and when he took over half way through, there was a noticeable change in atmosphere (for the better) around the entertainment offerings. I felt the previous CD wasn’t enjoying his job much, and it showed. 

Yes he's one of the best. We like John Bartram but not heard of him since lockdown. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pete14 said:

I hope he is on Ventura at the end of October when we will be on board. Very good at his job and an interesting person.

Started off as a dancer with Stadium Theatre Company on Aurora in 2000.

1 hour ago, Jazzytelly said:

Plus he does great talks on the stars, sky at night etc

Plus i have been on some star parties on the top deck where the lights were off. The sky view was superb in the far east on my worldie segment

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

And his impression  in a crew show of Freddie Mercury in a rendition of 'I Want to Break Free' was brilliant - complete with high heels and fish nets! 

I remember him doing that on Oriana back in 2015. His ship announcements were always comical.

Leon was still on Venutra last month. I actually thought he was quite quiet, kept things very short. The more we saw of him though, a bit more if his personality came out and warmed to him.

Think we were just too used to a man called Joff Eaton on RC. Every show had a good 5 intro plus 5 mins after the show - an entertainer in his own right really. Not sure if it was just Leon of P&O in general, but it was very much, hello here's the act then at the end, it's was give them round of applause and thanks for coming. Would have liked to have seen a lot of Leon as you could tell he had a great personality, but just didn't hear enough from him.

Most I saw of him was the build a ship on a ship judging by the pool - Leon was the tidal wave provider via a belly flop into the pool to sink the ships 🤣

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Leon was still on Venutra last month. I actually thought he was quite quiet, kept things very short. The more we saw of him though, a bit more if his personality came out and warmed to him.

Think we were just too used to a man called Joff Eaton on RC. Every show had a good 5 intro plus 5 mins after the show - an entertainer in his own right really. Not sure if it was just Leon of P&O in general, but it was very much, hello here's the act then at the end, it's was give them round of applause and thanks for coming. Would have liked to have seen a lot of Leon as you could tell he had a great personality, but just didn't hear enough from him.

Most I saw of him was the build a ship on a ship judging by the pool - Leon was the tidal wave provider via a belly flop into the pool to sink the ships 🤣

Joff Eaton was a cruise director on P&Oat one point, this was about 15 or more years ago. He was the CD on one of our cruises, and stood out in my mind as being a good entertainer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDB78 said:

Iirc, Moley posted recently saying that there has been policy introduced on some of the Carnival lines that the Entertainment Manager role is now less interacting with pax and more general management. A retrograde step I feel.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, JDB78 said:

I'm not sure any of the Entertainment Team would want to do 5 minutes after a show. They'd be competing with the people who insist on leaving their seats the minute the show/act has finished even before the house lights have been turned on and a final round of applauds to show appreciation is given to the performers. These people are not only annoying when trying to push past if you are in the same row, but are extremely rude to the performers and shows total ignorance. It is also a health and safety issue to rush out of the theatre in the dark.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Britboys said:

Iirc, Moley posted recently saying that there has been policy introduced on some of the Carnival lines that the Entertainment Manager role is now less interacting with pax and more general management. A retrograde step I feel.

I agree. 😟

• Like 2