Diamond Princess cruises from September 1, 2022 through November 13, 2022 booking Cancelled

Retirement2016

5 hours ago, youngkona said:

For anyone taking the refund option, can you please confirm when your account shows the refund- thanks!

The fine print said refunds should be expected 30 days from submission or 30 days from the (September 8th) deadline to chose - whichever is earlier.  I submitted the online form requesting a full refund yesterday.  The response said the request was received,  but please be patient because of blah, blah, blah.   The countdown has started....

• Like 1

We took the move-over option from Diamond to Discovery,  now in November.  Best deal for us, as suites are several hundred dollars higher for same itinerary.  DH is excited about forward facing windows (I'm bringing bonine!) and concierge lounge.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fresnel468 said:

The fine print said refunds should be expected 30 days from submission or 30 days from the (September 8th) deadline to chose - whichever is earlier.  I submitted the online form requesting a full refund yesterday.  The response said the request was received,  but please be patient because of blah, blah, blah.   The countdown has started....

I hope you are right bc my TA told me Princess said to wait between 30-60 business days or up to 2 billing cycles.

I was not thrilled.  Yesterday, I got an unsolicited call from a salesperson trying to book a replacement cruise.  I had booked an airline ticket for the cancelled cruise so I don't want to book another cruise that requires airfare.  I would like to book a cruise that leaves from my home port but the salesperson was not able to tell me exactly how much credit I would receive.  Very disappointed in Princess.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:57 PM, voljeep said:

so this crew member you spoke to ... what was the reason Princess 'can't' fill crew staff?  Are past crew now not willing? No new crew applying? Visa's? Covid? Training?

Hi, all crew that arrived in LA on Sunday are on the ship in San Pedro, they are still waiting to hear from Princess where they will be sent. All she told us was that they can't fill the dining staff, I am assuming it's visa issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 8/9/2022 at 12:25 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Hi @shastatroy.  Been a very long time.  Hope you are doing well.

When I spoke to my MRD crew, they told me that one of the problems was getting visas and other necessary documents for international crew.  Many expired during the pandemic.  They said that there were a lot of friends wanting to rejoin the ship, but the process was taking a long time.

Add covid/isolations and coming on board quarantine and you have a problem with staffing.  

I see that Princess has a few options.

1.  Fill the ships to less capacity with keeping crew ratio pre-covid ratio.

2.  Salvage current ships online by cannibalizing ships that are not online (Sapphire/Diamond).

3.  Scrap Galveston.

4.  Consolidate Ships/ports.  Carnival has one ship in Long Beach that does 3 and 4 day cruises (= 7 day cruises).  The Panorama is HUGE.  No thanks.  Princess removed back to back cruises to Hawaii.   They replaced them with Hawaii, then Mexico, then Hawaii.  I didn't like that then but maybe Princess needs to rethink scheduling.  

The Crown will be going into drydock.  But the time is not long enough to move the crew to other ships.  

It has been a long time! I'm doing great, I retired in February so life is good. Hope we cross paths again soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shastatroy said:

Hi, all crew that arrived in LA on Sunday are on the ship in San Pedro, they are still waiting to hear from Princess where they will be sent. All she told us was that they can't fill the dining staff, I am assuming it's visa issues. 

Any word if they are being moved to Sapphire?

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Was it for sure a Princess sales rep?

Yes...I typically get a call from Princess after each cancellation...4th cancellation...sick of this.  He referenced the letter I received and my choices of replacement cruises .  I told him I was interested in none of the replacements offered.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hazelnut1106 said:

Received new booking number and new cabin assignment today for my chosen replacement cruise.

Same here. I submitted my request the day the cancellations were announced. I was getting a little worried as the replacement cruise for the only date that worked for me only has 6 cabins in my fare category and 3 of those were already gone. I feel better now after getting the new confirmation this morning. $100 credit, plus all the benefits of the original cruise show up in the cruise summary.

• Like 1

Well, my wife just saw another fly swimming in the soup over the cancellation of Diamond cruises for the rest of this year.. 

Our Cruise was in November with final pay day of 16th of  this month which was set up to be an auto pay on that day.

We called our Princes vacation planner for another cruise and she told us she was locked out of the November records so she could not tell us if the auto pay was still in effect..😪

So the Wife being the kind person she is has the plan to lock her credit card on the the 14th.  Since we are planning for a Jan cruise, we do not want to be hit with paying for a cruise that was cancelled, then trying to get our funds returned. . 

All part of the Adventure of dealing with Princess.😲

Bob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4x4bob said:

Well, my wife just saw another fly swimming in the soup over the cancellation of Diamond cruises for the rest of this year.. 

Our Cruise was in November with final pay day of 16th of  this month which was set up to be an auto pay on that day.

We called our Princes vacation planner for another cruise and she told us she was locked out of the November records so she could not tell us if the auto pay was still in effect..😪

So the Wife being the kind person she is has the plan to lock her credit card on the the 14th.  Since we are planning for a Jan cruise, we do not want to be hit with paying for a cruise that was cancelled, then trying to get our funds returned. . 

All part of the Adventure of dealing with Princess.😲

Bob

I’m actually so certain my 9/24 Sapphire 10 day Mexico cruise is going to be canceled, I’m going to gamble and book Celebrity tomorrow for 1 week later.
I just don’t want to scramble last minute to find one. 
I’ve been cruising long enough to know these sailings are not sold out. Very fishy for sure.

• Like 2

I’m happy for all of you who have had your cruise fare refunded or rolled over to upcoming cruises.  I wish I could join in.  For a variety of reasons I am unable to take a move over cruise later in the fall so I booked Discovery September 4 to Alaska.  Not only has my original cruise fare (paid in full) not been credited to the new cruise but the new cruise does not show up in my medallion app!  But hey, the original cruise is still there.  🙄  I can’t order my medallion or make dining room reservations.  I have paid the additional portion not covered by the original cruise cost.  

I realize I can pick up my medallion at the port but judging by a recent Discovery review the lines are very long in Seattle if you are not in the green lane.  (Sigh)  

41 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

I’m happy for all of you who have had your cruise fare refunded or rolled over to upcoming cruises.  I wish I could join in.  For a variety of reasons I am unable to take a move over cruise later in the fall so I booked Discovery September 4 to Alaska.  Not only has my original cruise fare (paid in full) not been credited to the new cruise but the new cruise does not show up in my medallion app!  But hey, the original cruise is still there.  🙄  I can’t order my medallion or make dining room reservations.  I have paid the additional portion not covered by the original cruise cost.  

I realize I can pick up my medallion at the port but judging by a recent Discovery review the lines are very long in Seattle if you are not in the green lane.  (Sigh)  

As long as it shows up correctly on the website…you’re good.

Go to the website-cruise personalizer and do your checkin, and DMW. You should be able to access it on the new cruise.  If your email and pw won’t work, try signing in using booking no, name, Dob etc.

Also, those lines might be because people have not filled out ArriveCAN ahead of time.  Make sure you do that.

Have fun!

I have now tried calling Princess twice and done the live chat twice only to be told all 4 times that I have to wait till they get to my request for Future Cruise Deposit. I was on the September 6th Diamond cannot do any of the replacements offered but have Discovery 7 day in December on hold. One phone Rep even stated Princess has up to 30 days to process my Future Cruise credit. I had pre paid spa appointments and specialty dining and none of that has been credited back. I filed for my FCC Early Thursday Morning. I do have a friend that was sailing with me that chose a replacement cruise they offered and late yesterday was assigned her new reservation number although interestingly enough she had a Mini Suite was assigned a ME category when she was originally booked in an MD. I thought they had to give you the same category or higher?? Then the only ship board credit she was given was the $100.00 she was promised for move over but she had a $100.00 originally on the Diamond, plus ship board credit from her Future Cruise Deposit that was used plus had CCL stock credit. So she was not given her previous credits as promised.

Edited by LAFFNVEGAS
added more

Update:  after I posted a while ago I tried the online chat feature.  She could do nothing from her end about the cruise showing up in the medallion app or in the ocean ready medallion class website.  However while I was on with her, she moved the paid cruise amount over which made the new one paid in full.

Within 3 minutes I received notification of an email from Princess.  It was the statement of being paid in full.  I then went to the ocean ready medallion website and like magic it was there!  I was able to make my dining reservations (with terrible times).  But at least I have them.  It looks like I can do anything on the website that can be done in the app…except choose to have my medallion sent to my house.  It repeatedly kicks me out when I tap enter.  

Still missing is the pitiful $100 OBC for Princess cancelling my cruise less than a month from sailing.  I sent an email to my PVP.  Hopefully this is not above his pay grade.  (I’m NEVER using him again as he has been able to do very little.)  I don’t know why he couldn’t do what the chat person did today.  I realize I sound very negative but this whole process has been incredibly frustrating and irritating.

I’m feeling better about the cruise though.  It feels more real and I leave 3 weeks from today!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

Update:  after I posted a while ago I tried the online chat feature.  She could do nothing from her end about the cruise showing up in the medallion app or in the ocean ready medallion class website.  However while I was on with her, she moved the paid cruise amount over which made the new one paid in full.

Within 3 minutes I received notification of an email from Princess.  It was the statement of being paid in full.  I then went to the ocean ready medallion website and like magic it was there!  I was able to make my dining reservations (with terrible times).  But at least I have them.  It looks like I can do anything on the website that can be done in the app…except choose to have my medallion sent to my house.  It repeatedly kicks me out when I tap enter.  

Still missing is the pitiful $100 OBC for Princess cancelling my cruise less than a month from sailing.  I sent an email to my PVP.  Hopefully this is not above his pay grade.  (I’m NEVER using him again as he has been able to do very little.)  I don’t know why he couldn’t do what the chat person did today.  I realize I sound very negative but this whole process has been incredibly frustrating and irritating.

I’m feeling better about the cruise though.  It feels more real and I leave 3 weeks from today!

So glad you got a little help. Try again on Sunday or Monday to see if your new cruise is in the App, then you can request your OM to be mailed.  It does take a day or two to show up. 

Good Luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiwimum said:

All funds for our September 11 and 18 cruises on the Diamond have either been refunded, rolled over to December cruises and FCD returned to account.   
Well done for quick service and exactly as requested.

Glad that you got correct and prompt service.  My Sept. 1st cancelled cruise is still showing on my account as one of my "upcoming cruises" and no refund or FCC returned to my account.  The fact that yours has already been done gives me hope for maybe next week.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The process seems very inconsistent (what a surprise!)  My Princess CVP was able to reserve my cabin on the move-over cruise on Monday but not transer the funds.  I spoke to someone else on Friday who was able to transfer the funds and book new EZ-Air flights, but now it shows a balance due because apparently someone else has to apply the price protection to the new cruise.  Maybe because I didn't fill out the form.