Hotel suggestions for the LA Cruise Terminal....please.

Shadwick

7 hours ago, Shadwick said:

We will be cruising on the Norwegian Joy and would like to stay at a hotel the night before the cruise...does anyone have a good suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Diana

We stay at the Doubletree San Pedro down the street from the port. They [used to] offer a free shuttle to the port in the morning. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shadwick said:

We will be cruising on the Norwegian Joy and would like to stay at a hotel the night before the cruise...does anyone have a good suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Diana

This question comes up frequently on the West Coast Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

The standard choices close to port are the Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor and DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Pedro - Port of Los Angeles. Both offer a shuttle to the San Pedro port. The forum also has frequent discussions of the best way to get from the airports to the hotels.

• Thanks 2

Others have stated the 2 cruise port convenient hotels. The alternative is to stay at an airport hotel with a free airport shuttle and just take transport to the cruise terminal. I loved the LAX Marriott; it was remodeled around 2017 and is really comfy and clean and modern. 

• Thanks 1

We stayed at the Crown Plaza last Dec the night before our MR cruise on the Bliss. Great location and nice hotel, price was reasonable. Shuttle for a fee. I had reserved a large king room with port/harbour views. It was huge! About 5:30 in the morning we could see the Bliss backing up the San Pedro channel to the terminal, pretty awesome.    Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We stay at the Doubletree San Pedro down the street from the port. They [used to] offer a free shuttle to the port in the morning. 

We stayed there last November and really like it.  Highly recommend!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Stayed in Feb and shuttle was still free! You had to book your places/time the night before though. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2022 at 11:53 PM, Shadwick said:

I would have stayed at the Doubletree in San Pedro because I have status on Hilton and Marriott.  It's a nice enough property and you're only there for a night.  Instead, I stayed near LAX because my friends were travelling in separately so we wanted to save on the cost of multiple shuttles.  We stayed at the Residence Inn on Century Blvd because it was relatively inexpensive.  It was perfectly adequate.  No complaints.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 9tee2Sea said:

Look into Long Beach and stay close to Pine Ave.  Many shops/restaurants.  Some hotels have shuttles to the port

The OP is sailing from San Pedro. I don't know of any hotels in Long Beach that provide shuttle service to San Pedro, but if you do please name them as it would be valuable information for those cruising from there.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:28 AM, BirdTravels said:

We stayed there back in 2018 and loved it.  We had rented a car to tour a few days before the cruise, so we didn't use the shuttle, but really enjoyed the hotel.  I think I was Hilton Gold at the time and was pleasantly surprised when upgraded to their top suite.

24 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

you can check The Raddison.  Uber/Lyft from Long Beach to San Pedro should not be very expensive.  There is the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro that , if I remember ,is very close to the Port of Los Angeles

It was back in 2018, but we flew into Long Beach and drove over to San Pedro and were stuck in bad traffic for a long time.  I'm guessing Uber/Lyft probably account for that, so I'm not sure how expensive those would be.  We had a rental car, so didn't price out Uber, etc.

alternatively, you can stay at an LAX (airport) hotel, then - on embarkation day -  take the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and meet up with the NCL rep for your pre-booked (and relatively affordable) shuttle to the pier.  this assumes that the airport hotel can be booked at a good rate, or that you have hotel guest points to use for a free room.

14 hours ago, UKstages said:

alternatively, you can stay at an LAX (airport) hotel, then - on embarkation day -  take the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and meet up with the NCL rep for your pre-booked (and relatively affordable) shuttle to the pier.  this assumes that the airport hotel can be booked at a good rate, or that you have hotel guest points to use for a free room.

There is nothing to do or anything near by if one stays at a hotel near LAX.  LAX is approx 30 min drive from San Pedro ( that's on a good day).    I would only recommend the LAX option if one has to catch a very early flight out of LAX. Good for a post cruise hotel, but not for a pre-cruise hotel.  I live in Los Angeles, I try to avoid using LAX as much as possible, but sometimes you just have to .