NCL switching from Pepsi to Coke Products

jabader

This is welcome news for u

19 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

I love Coke and hate Pepsi(too sweet).  I do not know why but I love Diet Pepsi and hate Diet Coke.  

On a cruise though I only drink soda to calm an upset stomach so it won't matter to me much.  

So funny! - I'm the exact same ... love love love Coke ..... will never drink Pepsi but for the diet ones it's always Pepsi over Coke.  

This is a welcome change for us - though bummer about them not having Coke Zero as that is my husband's fave.

31 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

This is welcome news for u

So funny! - I'm the exact same ... love love love Coke ..... will never drink Pepsi but for the diet ones it's always Pepsi over Coke.  

This is a welcome change for us - though bummer about them not having Coke Zero as that is my husband's fave.

I would venture to say they will - Coke Zero is incredibly popular and from what I've found, all the other lines that carry Coke products have Coke Zero on board.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, JoeTec said:

What a great week! 1st dropping the vax mandate & now coke products! I can't wait to get on a ship

Yesterday I told my husband I had the 2nd best piece of news about our upcoming cruise (the best piece of news would be an upgrade), which was the change in testing mandates. Today I got to tell him the 3rd best piece of news, which is Coke products on board. If they have Coke Zero I will be extra happy, but I'm happy enough with Diet Coke.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Yesterday I told my husband I had the 2nd best piece of news about our upcoming cruise (the best piece of news would be an upgrade), which was the change in testing mandates. Today I got to tell him the 3rd best piece of news, which is Coke products on board. If they have Coke Zero I will be extra happy, but I'm happy enough with Diet Coke.

My wife is the same. She HATES Pepsi. On our last cruise, she drank water rather than touch it. She was thrilled yesterday when I told her about the change. I don't drink much soda on cruises, actually. For me, it's cocktails, wine, champagne, some juice, and water.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jabader said:

I think I overheard them say no coke zero 😔 but I will double check today!

I really hope they have Diet Coke.  So many people try to give you Coke Zero when you order Diet Coke and it is not the same.  Hopefully they will have both.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

I really hope they have Diet Coke.  So many people try to give you Coke Zero when you order Diet Coke and it is not the same.  Hopefully they will have both.

I am a diet coke addict.  We went to Jamaica last Oct & everytime I asked for a diet coke they gave me coke zero. It is definitely not the same.

Now I love Captain & coke. I switched to drinking Captain & coke zero & I love it. But I can't drink it with diet coke. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

NCL recently raised the price of the soda package from $7.95 a day to $9.95 a day plus 20% gratuity. ( From $66.78 to $83.58 per week on a seven day cruise.) How long before some bean-counter in corporate puts two and two together and realizes Coke outsells Pepsi? And then starts thinking that it must be a premium product so NCL should be charging more for the soda package. As Del Rio said this week, onboard spending is their biggest profit center. Batten down your wallets, the price increase is coming!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

I think it is $3.00 per cup.

That was my guess, too.  Divide $84 by 3, that's 28 cokes (or pepsis) before you start to come out ahead on the soda package.  4 cokes a day.  5, before the package really starts to make sense.  

Seems like 90% of the parents are really better off just letting their kids buy Cokes a la carte.  

I think this is the most definitive proof I'll get before NCL makes an announcement. Yesterday the beverage package description stated Pepsi. Today, it's...well, very generic. Oh, this might make me happier than wearing shorts in Le Bistro. 🙂 

image.png.e5608c858e7ecce6dda4e55d79e8bfdc.png

Source: https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I think this is the most definitive proof I'll get before NCL makes an announcement. Yesterday the beverage package description stated Pepsi. Today, it's...well, very generic. Oh, this might make me happier than wearing shorts in Le Bistro. 🙂 

Very good detective work.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

As @vacation44 said, good work. This will be interesting, do you think they will have Sprite and Fanta now, as well or something else as they've moved to Cola?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tetleytea said:

That was my guess, too.  Divide $84 by 3, that's 28 cokes (or pepsis) before you start to come out ahead on the soda package.  4 cokes a day.  5, before the package really starts to make sense.  

Seems like 90% of the parents are really better off just letting their kids buy Cokes a la carte.  

I think many if not most kids that drink soda would easily consume 4+ sodas per day.  Especially when you factor in just how ridiculously small they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1