Passport Renewal

Wow! That is fast. We have a last minute cruise at end of month and our passports expire in Jan 1923. Figured no way we could get renewed within the 8-11 week they state so using Birth Certificates and DL ID since this is a Closed-Loop cruise. Will renew passports when we get back. Taking marriage license also since birth certificate and DL have have wife's maiden and married names.

we rolled the dice and are cutting it close.  we are getting new passports, never had 1 before and paid for the expedited.  because of scheduling 3 of us did it 1 day and 1 another.  It gives us 8 weeks and 5 days for the 3 and 8 weeks and a day for the 4th.  I didnt get really nervous until at the appointment they kept the birth certificates go with the paperwork.  Now if something goes wrong we dont even have those.  Feels like gamlbling and we arent even in international waters.  i keep checking the process and all seems good, but it could come down to the last few days.  Panic mode is ready if needed. 

I saw a blurb on the news a few days ago saying they’re starting a pilot program to renew your passport online. Should make it much easier if they adopt it. 
I just renewed mine so it’ll be another 10 years before I need to worry about it. 

17 minutes ago, miyanc said:

we rolled the dice and are cutting it close.  we are getting new passports, never had 1 before and paid for the expedited.  because of scheduling 3 of us did it 1 day and 1 another.  It gives us 8 weeks and 5 days for the 3 and 8 weeks and a day for the 4th.  I didnt get really nervous until at the appointment they kept the birth certificates go with the paperwork.  Now if something goes wrong we dont even have those.  Feels like gamlbling and we arent even in international waters.  i keep checking the process and all seems good, but it could come down to the last few days.  Panic mode is ready if needed. 

If you paid for expedited, I doubt panic mode will be required. 😉  The post-COVID travel backlog seems to have eased up. I bet you'll have yours in plenty of time. 🙂 

43 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

Wow! That is fast. We have a last minute cruise at end of month and our passports expire in Jan 1923. Figured no way we could get renewed within the 8-11 week they state so using Birth Certificates and DL ID since this is a Closed-Loop cruise. Will renew passports when we get back. Taking marriage license also since birth certificate and DL have have wife's maiden and married names.

Wow! Yours expired 99 years ago! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

20 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

If you paid for expedited, I doubt panic mode will be required. 😉  The post-COVID travel backlog seems to have eased up. I bet you'll have yours in plenty of time. 🙂 

See you said bet.  Gambling like I said.  I agree but it being out of my hands and close, makes me nervous. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think it would get here.  The closer we get the more options we have.  Meaning I can contact them and further expedite if needed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I saw a blurb on the news a few days ago saying they’re starting a pilot program to renew your passport online. Should make it much easier if they adopt it. 
I just renewed mine so it’ll be another 10 years before I need to worry about it. 

I don't have to worry about it until 2026, so still have some time left. 

I think we won the passport renewal lottery.  I sent our off via Priority Mail on Monday, March 28th (headed to Philadelphia, not expedited).  I received them on Friday, April 15th.  April 9th.  That was 18 days total.  

I sent my renewal next day air on July 2nd and expedited the return.  On August 1st, I sent an email to them as it was still not showing up as being received when I checked online for status.  On August 3rd status online was finally showing as received so maybe my email helped.  I put in my email for updates.  8/4 it was being reviewed, 3 hours later I received another update it was approved and being shipped and I received it on 8/8.  Sounds like I should have saved my money.