Oasis Diamond Lounge

FrannyK

8 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'll let you know in February.  After my October cruise (also on Oasis), my parents will be Diamond, and, by extension, my niece and I will be able to use some of the benefits (I'm currently Emerald, she's currently Gold, as this will be her first cruise on Royal)

Just curious what Diamond benefits you think you'll be able to take advantage of if you're not Diamond yourself?

5 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Actually they do since 3 of us have the same address and the other is a minor.

A minor child (son or daughter) would be given the same benefits -- not a niece.  

And you as an adult child would not be given the same benefits unless you were linked with your parents before you turned 18yo AND they achieved Diamond status before you turned 18yo.

Just living in the house with them doesn't give you their benefits.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just my personal opinion, but don’t set your expectations too high for the Diamond Lounge. I don’t think they are anything special and on most cruises I never step foot in them. But there are some decent perks as others have mentioned, including the four drink vouchers, unless you get the deluxe drink package. 

We don't use it on Oasis class...unless the SL coffee machine is broken.  😉  

Don't like the closed in feeling of that lounge in the bilge (AKA deck four).  

Best DL...... IMHO .....is on Voyager and Freedom class that has it on VCL deck.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It may be shutoff overnight. It makes a few different ones other than just simple coffee.

Actually the Oasis DL coffee maker is a bit disappointing as it does not make just a simple cup of coffee.  The stewards keep a pot ready in the back room, so you can ask them for a straight coffee if you want.  The machine does make expresso along with several expresso style drinks like a latte.  One of the stewards suggested that if I wanted a straight cup of coffee while they were not on duty, I could put a shot or two of expresso in a cup and use the hot water selection on the machine (intended for hot tea) to sort of make my own coffee. Tried it once, but not a fan.  Starbucks is one deck right above the DL, and the Cafe Promenade next to Starbucks has free pots of coffee.  

11 minutes ago, Defender1158 said:

Actually the Oasis DL coffee maker is a bit disappointing as it does not make just a simple cup of coffee.  The stewards keep a pot ready in the back room, so you can ask them for a straight coffee if you want.  The machine does make expresso along with several expresso style drinks like a latte.  One of the stewards suggested that if I wanted a straight cup of coffee while they were not on duty, I could put a shot or two of expresso in a cup and use the hot water selection on the machine (intended for hot tea) to sort of make my own coffee. Tried it once, but not a fan.  Starbucks is one deck right above the DL, and the Cafe Promenade next to Starbucks has free pots of coffee.  

That is how all the machines are in the lounges.  An americano is as close to a simple cup of coffee as you will get.

54 minutes ago, island lady said:

Best DL...... IMHO .....is on Voyager and Freedom class that has it on VCL deck.  

Agreed on all counts, except I'm usually forced to go to "the basement" on Oasis class to get my coffee (as you know).

Still planning to get back on Indy in October, just waiting on a few things.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Agreed on all counts, except I'm usually forced to go to "the basement" on Oasis class to get my coffee (as you know).

Still planning to get back on Indy in October, just waiting on a few things.

We hit the basement a few times for coffee.  Didn't stay...just grabbed a quick cup later in the day if we were down in that area.  🙂 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree. I would also add Radiance class ships. We like the DL location on the Radiance class ships. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but we’ve noticed that the lounge wasn’t opening until 7am. Used to be open earlier (or all night maybe).

Open or you just mean the coffee machine not prepped and ready?

I've never not been able to get in but on both Harmony and Indy in recent months the coffee machine wasn't available until around 7am. Pre-covid it was usually available much earlier.

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Open or you just mean the coffee machine not prepped and ready?

I've never not been able to get in but on both Harmony and Indy in recent months the coffee machine wasn't available until around 7am. Pre-covid it was usually available much earlier.

The lounge didn’t open until 7am on our Odyssey TA in April. The sign on the door had the hours it was open. Not sure when it closed, but didn’t open until 7am.

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

The lounge didn’t open until 7am on our Odyssey TA in April. The sign on the door had the hours it was open. Not sure when it closed, but didn’t open until 7am.

Weird, never seen that... but if I can't get coffee any earlier, I have no reason to be there anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I would also add Radiance class ships. We like the DL location on the Radiance class ships. 

Definitely!   And best thing is having both the DL and the CL across from each other.   Coffee machine broke in one of them...transfer over across the way.  😉 

57 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but we’ve noticed that the lounge wasn’t opening until 7am. Used to be open earlier (or all night maybe).

Lounge is open all the time...just not the coffee machine turned on.  

Used to be coffee was 24/7...but now you are lucky if the machine is actually up and running by 7 am.  😑

Edited by island lady

43 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

OK..that's a new one.   

Lounge was always open on Odyssey for our B2B last Jan.Feb. out of Ft. Lauderdale.  Just didn't have the coffee machine turned on until 7...and many times much later (even though advertised as 7 am).  

Edited by island lady

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Lounge is open all the time...just not the coffee machine turned on.  

Used to be coffee was 24/7...but now you are lucky if the machine is actually up and running by 7 am.  😑

On Odyssey the door to the lounge was locked until 7am.