Oasis Diamond Lounge

FrannyK

13 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

On Odyssey the door to the lounge was locked until 7am. 

Oooooo...would not like that.   ☹️

Happy they did not try that with my cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.  

Perhaps too many Ds on the TA...and had problems with them in there?  

13 hours ago, island lady said:

We don't use it on Oasis class...unless the SL coffee machine is broken.  😉  

Don't like the closed in feeling of that lounge in the bilge (AKA deck four).  

Best DL...... IMHO .....is on Voyager and Freedom class that has it on VCL deck.  

Don't forget, Allure has the Diamond Lounge overlooking Boardwalk.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Don't forget, Allure has the Diamond Lounge overlooking Boardwalk.....

Yeah, I was looking forward to using that when we did the TA this November....but then Wonder replaced her for that route.   I think RCI still has plans to "amp" her like they did older sister Oasis.  She was scheduled...then they nixed it when Covid shut down happened.  

BTW...definitely not disappointed now that we are on Wonder for 4 weeks instead. 😉 

23 hours ago, island lady said:

We don't use it on Oasis class...unless the SL coffee machine is broken.  😉  

Don't like the closed in feeling of that lounge in the bilge (AKA deck four).  

Best DL...... IMHO .....is on Voyager and Freedom class that has it on VCL deck.  

Vision class too! At least on Enchantment.  DL is small, but it is located above VCL so we just take snacks and sit in VCL. Best place for sailaways and just spending some time!

On Grandeur we loved it in Pacific lounge in the aft as it has huge windows too.

Edited by Tatka

On 8/20/2022 at 9:20 AM, island lady said:

Best DL...... IMHO .....is on Voyager and Freedom class that has it on VCL deck

Good to know as my friend and I will be boarding Voyager in a week. Although I have access to the Concierge/Suite lounge, she's Diamond but we love the VCL and its view!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

Vision class too! At least on Enchantment.  DL is small, but it is located above VCL so we just take snacks and sit in VCL. Best place for sailaways and just spending some time!

On Grandeur we loved it in Pacific lounge in the aft as it has huge windows too.

And like the four Radiance sisters...the DL and CL is right across the way from each other on Enchantment....can access coffee machine in one, in case the other is broken.  😉 

On other Vision class ships the DL is extremely tiny, but nice overflow (when allowed) into the aft lounge.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, long4acruise said:

Good to know as my friend and I will be boarding Voyager in a week. Although I have access to the Concierge/Suite lounge, she's Diamond but we love the VCL and its view!

I actually only use the DL for coffee, when the machine in the SL is broken.  😉  

We prefer to sit at the VCL circle bar, getting there early to score a couple of the few bar seats, using our vouchers there.  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I actually only use the DL for coffee, when the machine in the SL is broken.

Some of us may or may not have recently done the reverse one morning even though we were neither in a suite or Pinnacle. 🤐

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

LOL...bad boy...  😉   Playing Soccer today?  

In my defense, I tailgated a crew member into the SL who was bringing the breakfast cart and politely told him about the situation. And of course I didn't stick around after getting my coffee so as not to disturb the huge gathering of 3-4 people who rightly belonged there.

Watching soccer at least. Just a big fan. Haven't actually played since high school. If I tried to do anything athletic right now I'd surely injure myself (unless competitive eating during a cruise counts).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, long4acruise said:

Both the D and the Suite concierge are new this week.  A huge crew turnover as many are going home now as they have been on just over 8 months since VY started up and they dont have the proper Visa's for the US.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

In my defense, I tailgated a crew member into the SL who was bringing the breakfast cart and politely told him about the situation. And of course I didn't stick around after getting my coffee so as not to disturb the huge gathering of 3-4 people who rightly belonged there.

Watching soccer at least. Just a big fan. Haven't actually played since high school. If I tried to do anything athletic right now I'd surely injure myself (unless competitive eating during a cruise counts).

LOL...I just read this to Bucky...he is still cracking up laughing!!  Thanks for the funnies!  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I was looking forward to using that when we did the TA this November....but then Wonder replaced her for that route.   I think RCI still has plans to "amp" her like they did older sister Oasis.  She was scheduled...then they nixed it when Covid shut down happened.  

BTW...definitely not disappointed now that we are on Wonder for 4 weeks instead. 😉 

Did Allure b2b in May and love the DL! Booked again next week before so goes to Texas. One big reason I wanted to sail her again was for the DL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coaster said:

Can't help but think there is a big purple slide and robotic bartender arms in a warehouse somewhere that are already paid for and waiting for the Allure's amp. 

Lots of stuff in a warehouse😉

• Haha 1