hotels in port canaveral

eddy vega

10 hours ago, eddy vega said:

Can anyone recommend a hotel in port canaveral....

Howdy @eddy vega and welcome to the message boards!

Thank you for your first new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forumHowever, your thread was off topic there. That forum is for technical assistance in using these message boards.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Florida Departures forum where it will be on topic. That is where members discuss hotel, transportation, dining and embarkation information regarding their cruises from North American homeports.

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you are posting on the boards!  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there. 

Also want to let you know the specific Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date will be the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before your cruise. Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread. Especially those that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before. To explain our Roll Call threads, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! See How To: Submit a Member Review.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to someone new to posting on our message boards. Welcome again, and we are glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

I just read a recommendation for Radisson Resort at the Port... I think I might book it... you can book a package that includes shuttle from MCO airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the cruise, from the cruise back to the hotel and then from the hotel back to the airport (mco only)... this works into our plans nicely since our flight home is not until like 9pm... so, no big hurry to get back to the airport...

4 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

I just read a recommendation for Radisson Resort at the Port... I think I might book it... you can book a package that includes shuttle from MCO airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the cruise, from the cruise back to the hotel and then from the hotel back to the airport (mco only)... this works into our plans nicely since our flight home is not until like 9pm... so, no big hurry to get back to the airport...

Thanks for this; totally going to book this for the night before our cruise. We’ve been looking at transportation from MCO to a hotel near the port Thursday before our cruise. The room alone at Raddison Resort at the Port is $188.40 for the night, including taxes. The Fly, Stay, & Cruise Package is $290.97, including taxes.

Raddison, less the room, is $102.57 round trip for 2

Cocoa Beach Shuttle is $130 round trip for 2

CruiseControl Transportation is $100 round for 2

Cortrans is $120 round  trip for 2

Looking as we fly in late Wednesday night, we’ll need a room Wednesday night too. Country Inn and Suites at MCO, under the Raddison portfolio is not too badly priced and they’re running a 2X points for 2+ nights. Wonder if I can grab that deal between 2 different Raddison properties, for consecutive night.

Thanks again. Happy cruising!

Edited by superrupe

On 8/22/2022 at 10:40 AM, eddy vega said:

The hotel’s closest to the port (about a mile) that I would recommend are:

*Hampton Inn Cruise Port/Home2Suites

*Homewood Suites 

*Springhill Suites

*Residence Inn 

*Country Inn & Suites

***several have mentioned the Radisson.  We stayed there for a number of years but now “in my opinion” it is very dated and the reviews are no longer good on Trip Advisor.  Plus we had several situations that happened there that caused us to seek nicer and new places****

• Like 1

I agree. We stayed at the Radisson in May and it was very dated. My wife said you paid HOW MUCH for us to stay here? The door to our room wouldn't lock properly and we have pics of all of our luggage piled against the door as a warning system, especially since half a dozen Brevard County Sheriff's cars were there dealing with some situation on-site when we arrived. We won't stay there again. The hotels GTO-Girl notes are nice ones. We just got back from a week at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club Cape Canaveral. That's one of the closer ones to the Port and right across the street from Terminal 3 which Carnival uses for Mardis Gras and others. Lots of pre-cruisers staying there but I think it's typically for a few nights or more before a cruise. They might have a minumum stay of some sort. Still, I would recommend it.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:40 AM, eddy vega said:

My husband and I always drove down from PA and stayed at the Radisson.  It is really busy, but they manage the shuttle to the port really well.   You sign up for a time,  and on the return they tell you where the shuttle will be.  It's busy but fun.. plus there was a diner you could walk to,, for a real breakfast.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Cruise Port this past June and it was wonderful!  Right near the port, new hotel, still had that 'new' smell to it.  You can reserve a room on the port side too - great view of the ships from the upper floors.   Free hot breakfast.  We liked it so much that we're staying there again next January.

4 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Port Canaveral Cruise Port this past June and it was wonderful!  Right near the port, new hotel, still had that 'new' smell to it.  You can reserve a room on the port side too - great view of the ships from the upper floors.   Free hot breakfast.  We liked it so much that we're staying there again next January.

This is our #1 favorite place to stay!!

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club Port Canaveral for a couple of days last week in a 2 bedroom ocean front villa. Our children each had 1 bedroom villas.  It was gorgeous. Newly renovated, clean, and customer service was great

The amenities are wonderful too; lazy river, large pool, slides, movie theater, arcade, and beach.

We loved sitting on our balcony at 5:30 am having a cup of coffee to watch our ship (Harmony) come into port before we left to board. Since the hotel was across the street from Terminal 3 we also saw the Mardi Gras leave.

The hotel does not have transportation to the port but we had a private shuttle from Coco Beach Shuttle. $73 for 7 people and this included tip.  We ate at Fish Lips and Grills as it was only a couple of minutes away. 

We were skeptical before we arrived because the reviews were all over the place. Fortunately, we did not experience any of the hiccups others seemed to have. It was very convenient, very clean, excellent customer service, excellent amenities, and it is now our go-to hotel for the port.

• Like 1