The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 23rd, 2022

richwmn

22 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

With cardbordeaux, I can see the four of us turning into the Three (Four)Stooges and hitting each other in the face with loaded brushes. 

Maybe, I should have skipped the wine tonight.  🤣

Lenda

First, never skip the wine.  Second, I'll be using a roller.  I'll paint your backs.  Who knows?  We might create a masterpiece.   It has been said that some of the great poets did their best work on pipe dreams.

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

First, never skip the wine.  Second, I'll be using a roller.  I'll paint your backs.  Who knows?  We might create a masterpiece.   It has been said that some of the great poets did their best work on pipe dreams.

This is getting better and better.  BTW, I also use a roller, so your back will be covered.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

Greetings on this sunny Wednesday.  On Daffodil Day, our first daffodils in our garden, are opening in honour of the day.  Friday is Daffodil Day the official day for the Cancer Society fund raising, collectors will be stationed in busy area of the towns, and at entrances to supermarkets, ......any where lots of people visit. DH and i will be collecting  at a supermarket.

Monday had   an appointment at the Optometrist and yesterday at the dentist.

@Vict0riann Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and many many more.

@ger_77 hope that you and DH will soon be fully recovered. Sorry to read about your friend Melodie, sending our condolences to you,  in the past, did she post on Cruise Critic?

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, jphks said:

How much time do ships get between cruises? 

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Horizon chaser 1957  OR, perhaps @jphkshas been reading us, and finally realized that with all the wealth of knowledge you all have, it's a good group to ask the question of.

So my answer would be never.  Unless they are in dry dock, but I am used to cruising on Carnival.  A ship returns to the port after a cruise.  They throw every one off, and tell them it's over-go home.  Then immediately, the beds are changed, the floors are vacuumed, the ship takes on fresh food, and the ship is refueled.  Once every one is off, then they start boarding the new folks for the next cruise.  They leave that night, so you get thrown off by 9, and the ship sets sail again around 4-7 hours.  I cant even get my laundry done in 7 hours.

1 hour ago, jphks said:

No, I meant for it to be in this thread as it would appear someone knows much more about where the ships are and when.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the HAL Daily, jphks!

As Marshhawk said, the ships go from one cruise to the next, without downtime unless there is a drydock scheduled.

Rich, (rchwmn) keeps lists and starts each day posting the location of all the HAL ships. For many of us, that’s of interest. Hope to see you back here. Are you planning a cruise on HAL?

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 10

My last painting scheme was never fulfilled.  I live on a hill, I wanted to get a really large canvas, pour paint all over myself and then roll down the canvas.  Of course this would have to be in the middle of the night, and my friend Elizabeth was going to have to hose me off when I got to the street.  And of course we would have to do this in summer.  It never panned out.  The hose didn't go all the way to the street.

cafc625ecdfc748d4dc7dac31b722fff.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jphks said:

No, I meant for it to be in this thread as it would appear someone knows much more about where the ships are and when.

Welcome to the Daily! I thought your question may have been part of a specific discussion and somehow posted itself on the wrong thread.

Not that I’ve ever done that - and not discovered my mistake until after the edit time has passed. No, no, that certainly wasn’t me…….😏

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm happy her son was able to get the news to you about the surgery.  I am amazed at how well he is doing given the extent of his injuries.

Yes, at age 70, he has recovered more quickly physically and more fully cognitively than doctors expected. He still has significant limits in movement plus lifting restrictions and there are gaps in organizational function but he is able to care for himself and should be able to assist his 89 year old mom now that she is the one needing care. The world works in mysterious ways...

-Melisa

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 4:49 AM, cat shepard said:

Has anyone ever tied wine in a can? Would love to hear your opinion.

Sorry that it took 24 hours for me to respond to this,  I clicked on the "Quote" to start a response, but then I noticed the time.  "Oh heck.  I have to leave."  I was unable to get back to this until this morning.

At the Skagway stop on our last cruise to Alaska Mrs. XBGuy and I stopped at one of those restaurants near the railway docks for an order of oysters.  Typically, we enjoy a Sauvignon Blanc with oysters, but a Sparkling wine is always a good choice.  Looking at the wine list, I had to chuckle when I spotted this.

IMG_4984.jpg.3a706465ee259ce2dfccb16549d3534c.jpg

It didn't completely suck, but it really wasn't very good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2