Here you go. Protocol update 8/24

ThaNectar

5 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

From what I am reading, not allowed for only those destinations. If unvaxed and doing a 4 day cruise, (wiht no port restrictions) self test is fine. Am I not reading that correctly?

No supervision needed UNLESS traveling to Bermuda, Canada, Greece or Spain.

(Listed on 2nd bullet point of the letter)

Edited by ThaNectar
  • Like 1

So complete honor system so I have to wonder what's the point in testing at all? But also, where's the "proof" that you even tested?  Bring your self-administered home test to the port for check-in?  

(I'm just annoyed that unvaccinated peeps can take any old test at this point, but I still need a proctored test for Bermuda despite being double vaxed and boosted.)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Weeziblu said:

So complete honor system so I have to wonder what's the point in testing at all? But also, where's the "proof" that you even tested?  Bring your self-administered home test to the port for check-in?  

(I'm just annoyed that unvaccinated peeps can take any old test at this point, but I still need a proctored test for Bermuda despite being double vaxed and boosted.)

It's a charade..  the proof will be  bringing the physical test in, screenshot, etc..

It's useless...

Bermuda etc.. thats on them... not the cruise line.. so I'll avoid those places 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Weeziblu said:

The shots don't do anything to stop spread so really everyone should be testing, or nobody should be testing.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The shots don't do anything to stop spread so really everyone should be testing, or nobody should be testing.

Double vaxed and boosted and still had (very mild) infection.  But I agree - everyone or no one.  It's pretty ridiculous at this point. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Moparfiend said:

"Regardless of the type of test taken, unvaccinated guests will be required to present their negative test results via VeriFLY or as part of the embarkation process. "

Wonder how that will work 

Screenshot_20220824-114130_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ThaNectar said:

Screenshot_20220824-114130_Facebook.jpg

Reading through this thread about new self test and was thinking to myself how is that going to work and yep, that's what I figured.  A picture would do. Really they expect people are going to bring the completed test with them?  If you take it 2 or 3 days before hand by the time you get there it will likely be faded out and won't work.  And every self administered test I have done (and I have done a lot over the last 2 years for our employees as part of company protocol) says they are useless and do not read the results after 30 minutes.

Good grief Charlie Brown... we just rocketed right past moronic to just flat out OMG Bat Crap Craziness.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Reading through this thread about new self test and was thinking to myself how is that going to work and yep, that's what I figured.  A picture would do. Really they expect people are going to bring the completed test with them?  If you take it 2 or 3 days before hand by the time you get there it will likely be faded out and won't work.  And every self administered test I have done (and I have done a lot over the last 2 years for our employees as part of company protocol) says they are useless and do not read the results after 30 minutes.

Good grief Charlie Brown... we just rocketed right past moronic to just flat out OMG Bat Crap Craziness.

LAUGHING MY BACKSIDE OFF!  I just told my husband about this and he paused, stared at me for a minute and said... so they stand in the parking lot, open the little solution bottle put a few drops on the test, it reads negative and they walk in with it....  Why bother 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My guess is testing will be over for all (except for a few stubborn ports of call) by the time this has a chance to be implemented. It really makes no sense, in fact to me it is mocking the testing protocols.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, wemjam said:

LAUGHING MY BACKSIDE OFF!  I just told my husband about this and he paused, stared at me for a minute and said... so they stand in the parking lot, open the little solution bottle put a few drops on the test, it reads negative and they walk in with it....  Why bother 🤣

It does seem a little easy to steer around.  I wonder if the self-tests don't give any result if no "suitable biological matter" is present in the test sample, so you'd at least have to test someone/something.

"Come here Fido, time for your, I mean my, COVID test!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

If I am reading this correctly double vaccinated and boosted passengers must still have a verified test for cruises 16 days or longer while unvaccinated passengers basically get a pass on cruises 15 days or less. 😡  We are on a 16 day Panama Canal cruise in three weeks.  Hopefully requirements will change before then.  It makes no sense.  At least let vaccinated and boosted cruiser self-test too regardless of cruise length.

18 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Why even waste money on a test or waste memory taking a photo, just pull one up on Google real quick and flash that lol. I agree with the consensus, useless and ridiculous at this point.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Did anyone else notice that unvaccinated guests are REQUIRED to use VeriFly now?

That's new.  Before it was always optional.

Wonder how many guests are going to show up unvaccinated and without having done VeriFly.  I guess that is how they are doing it.  They are forcing them to upload the test to VeriFly so they don't have to deal with hit at the terminal.

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

You just reminded me of my favorite Ted Nugent song...

Bat Crap Crazy!!!

I think it was off his Double Live Covid album

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Did anyone else notice that unvaccinated guests are REQUIRED to use VeriFly now?

Wonder how many guests are going to show up unvaccinated and without having done VeriFly.  I guess that is how they are doing it.  They are forcing them to upload the test to VeriFly so they don't have to deal with hit at the terminal.

If you read on it says "OR" present a negative test at embarkation.

OR

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Screenshot_20220824-140353_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1