Here you go. Protocol update 8/24

ThaNectar

2 hours ago, mouche said:

At this point, they might as well drop the testing all together, If I'm vaxed and don't test I can still bring it onboard. 

YES!!!!!  The vaccinated (me) can still spread the virus.  AND, I can test negative one minute and be exposed the next  So this testing 72 hrs prior means ZERO.  Its all a charade.  Unfortunately, those of us who love to cruise have to play the game.  I am sailing on MG on 9/3 and still have to test.  Its all so ridiculous!

Edited by Countrygurl
correction and addition
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, ThaNectar said:

Screenshot_20220824-114130_Facebook.jpg

This has to be the dumbest thing I have read in a long time.  What's to stop someone from using the same negative test picture for the whole family - just keep switching the test to a new name on paper.  Or have the same person take several tests that are negative and hand them off to others they travel with.  We all know how honest some people are...

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, farjar said:

If I am reading this correctly double vaccinated and boosted passengers must still have a verified test for cruises 16 days or longer while unvaccinated passengers basically get a pass on cruises 15 days or less. 😡  We are on a 16 day Panama Canal cruise in three weeks.  Hopefully requirements will change before then.  It makes no sense.  At least let vaccinated and boosted cruiser self-test too regardless of cruise length.

I was just thinking the exact same thing (totally agree).  Fortunately our 16-day Panama Canal cruise isn't until next fall, so I'm thankful this craziness should be over by then.

• Like 1

All the people who are saying "what's stopping you from just saying your dog's test is your own?" - you're not clever. Obviously Carnival knows that's going to happen, and probably has been happening all along to some degree, since the restart.

My guess is they know it's a charade and the industry is making a mockery of the process in the hopes that the house of cards will completely fall by the time this is actually implemented.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2022 at 11:45 AM, ThaNectar said:

Unsupervised self test are now allowed.

The charade continues 

Screenshot_20220824-104159_Email.jpg

tell me about the VeriFLY....this is our first cruise since covid. Our children will not be vaccinated at the time of sailing. From what I am understanding, I will need to test my 12 year old but not my 10 year old because they recommend 12 and older be vaccinated? is that right?

And then I can use just a over the counter store bought covid test and then show proof on VeriFLY? Do I take a picture of the negative test and upload it or something?

We wont be sailing until June 2023 so more things may be lifted by then but I am a planner what to understand what we will need to do well in advance. 

Thanks!

On 8/24/2022 at 2:57 PM, wemjam said:

Did anyone else notice that unvaccinated guests are REQUIRED to use VeriFly now?

That's new.  Before it was always optional.

Wonder how many guests are going to show up unvaccinated and without having done VeriFly.  I guess that is how they are doing it.  They are forcing them to upload the test to VeriFly so they don't have to deal with hit at the terminal.

No one is required to use VeriFly.  It states to use VeriFly or as part of embarkation process. Just like before 

it does seem like it can be faked but i guess most people will test themselves first if they test positive then they will have to decide if they should take a chance and travel away from home which may keep some from not taking the chance of getting sick out in the open waters.. sure some will travel if test positive and use someone else test but think it will weed out some. even with the way testing on ships was going there was plenty of Covid on my cruises the last 5 months 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Just Blue and Red Cards...Golds, Platinum and Diamonds can wink

Well, I finally made Platinum and I can tell you right here that I'm not acknowledging any winks from some lowly Golds!!

And if they dare bring back that spawn of satan, Faster to The Wink, then I'm going to let John Heald know that it's ludicrous and cheapens my cruise experience to let some cretin buy a wink!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Well, I finally made Platinum and I can tell you right here that I'm not acknowledging any winks from some lowly Golds!!

And if they dare bring back that spawn of satan, Faster to The Wink, then I'm going to let John Heald know that it's ludicrous and cheapens my cruise experience to let some cretin buy a wink!!!

😭 Sad little gold over here just hoping that Faster to the Wink comes back sooooooooon.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, funinthesun1964 said:

Since non-vaccinated are now allowed to sail, do you still need to show your vaccination card at check-in?  I guess you would, since we do not have to test now.

Yes or bring a negative self test like the unvax'd

received email fro carnival yesterday that tells me for my 16 day Panama Canal cruise, I have to pretest, and also mandatory during cruise testing and masking at all times except eating or drinking. that's crap. that is not a vacation!! Probably will cancel and do this on another line 

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, bolk said:

received email fro carnival yesterday that tells me for my 16 day Panama Canal cruise, I have to pretest, and also mandatory during cruise testing and masking at all times except eating or drinking. that's crap. that is not a vacation!! Probably will cancel and do this on another line 

Perhaps it will change before you cruise .

OK.  I want to be super clear since we haven't cruised since this junk began but have a B2B planned in November.

I can go to CVS, buy a self test, take a pic with a little note with name and date, and cruise?! 

Sincerely, 

Confused As to Why Because That Makes No Sense At All

Thanks for Coming to My Ted Talk

• Haha 3