Last minute testing panic

gmkgks

We still have to test for RC leaving Saturday. Based on recommendations from this board, we ordered test kits from Rapidtestandtrace two weeks ago.  When they didn’t arrive after the promised 6 biz days we tried to contact them. There is no number on the website. The live chat doesn’t work.  No one has returned our messages.  I’m afraid it’s too late to order tests from another company and I don’t want to spend a hundreds times 3 people for Walgreens or CVS.  Any ideas??  

11 minutes ago, Deez123 said:

Why would you have to pay at Walgreens / CVS?

They are charging now unless you state that you’ve been exposed and have symptoms.

I just got Covid at the beginning of August for the first time and had a test done at Walgreens so I could get a COR instead of testing for my mid September cruise. (Which ended up a waste of time since they dropped testing)

I checked the boxes that I’d been exposed because I had since one of my sisters showed up to an extended OBX family vacation with symptoms. I also had symptoms so I checked those and wasn’t charged for the test. I guess in a pinch you could just check the exposure and symptoms boxes at Walgreens and not pay for the test. I’m not sure who pays for it though. It could be my insurance or maybe the government is still footing the bill?

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 1

Always check the box that indicates you will be in area where social distancing cannot be done or you may have come in contact with someone who has Covid.  If you go to the grocery store, pharmacy, church, school, have kids in school, etc., check that box!!  There should be no charge at cvs or Walgreens.  Or as stated above, you can use a free govt test or any at home test kit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gmkgks said:

We still have to test for RC leaving Saturday. Based on recommendations from this board, we ordered test kits from Rapidtestandtrace two weeks ago.  When they didn’t arrive after the promised 6 biz days we tried to contact them. There is no number on the website. The live chat doesn’t work.  No one has returned our messages.  I’m afraid it’s too late to order tests from another company and I don’t want to spend a hundreds times 3 people for Walgreens or CVS.  Any ideas??  

Most insurances allow you to get 8 free tests a month from your loval pharmacy. My husband and I just got 8 each at CVS. I'll use one for my test tomorriw with Rapid Test and Trace. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gmkgks said:

You don't have to buy the tests from RT&T -- you can use any test.  

Go to any pharmacy and buy some home tests, if you don't have any of the freebie ones from the federal government. 

3 hours ago, gmkgks said:

We still have to test for RC leaving Saturday. Based on recommendations from this board, we ordered test kits from Rapidtestandtrace two weeks ago.  When they didn’t arrive after the promised 6 biz days we tried to contact them. There is no number on the website. 

800-231-9794 (press 1 for online testing,  2 for orders)

Called them numerous times today.

4 hours ago, gmkgks said:

Can you not go to an urgent care?

4 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Most insurances allow you to get 8 free tests a month from your loval pharmacy. My husband and I just got 8 each at CVS. I'll use one for my test tomorriw with Rapid Test and Trace. 

The 8 are from your insurance company or Medicare?

your medical insurance should cover at home tests. You can get 8/month per person. Then do a proctor service. I am doing this on Friday for my cruise on Sunday 🙂 

As others said, I think if you go to CVS and just check that you have been exposed, they don't charge you for an administered one...

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Insurance companies are required by federal law to supply each insured individual 8 FREE tests per month. 

Why not use Onpoint proctoring where you supply your own tests and can do it at your convenience? Eezy peezy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

The 8 are from your insurance company or Medicare?

Both are eligible for the free tests. If you go to a pharmacy or grocery store with pharmacy, they will fill your 8 free test order while you wait. 

And it is per person/per month, if you need more. 

After reading multiple threads concerning online proctored covid testing, I decided to contacted our health care provider and they will cover 100% of any covid testing.  No matter the type or reason for the test. We even get to go to our GP for the testing. Appointment(s) already scheduled. 

• Like 2