Time stamp for COVID test picture?

jaimeandandy

So this was the first weekend of sailing under the new protocols.  Who sailed on a 10 day sailing and can share their experience of showing a negative COVID test at check in?  How did you prove the date of your test?  Did they just accept the timestamp on your smartphone?  Did you photograph the test with a date written beside it?  Is anybody showing the picture of the test box with the results to prove what kind of test it was?  Thanks, I'm just trying to prepare for my sailing in a couple weeks.  Wanted to know how strict they are at check in after the change.

Perhaps the point of the self-test is more about self-awareness for the passenger than it is "proof" for presentation at check-in.  Although I am sure some people are untruthful when answering the health questions and affirmations required when checking in and boarding, most would choose to honest I believe.

• Like 1

I was also hoping to find an answer to this question, but I'm not sure there have been any itineraries where the self-test was in effect.  Perhaps in Europe but I'm not sure.  At least for the Caribbean, the first 10 day of longer sailing doesn't occur until September 16.  There are a couple of sailings in Europe starting on September 15.   There are other longer sailings but they involve stops in Canada so the new rules don't apply.   

I'll be on the 10- night September 26 Equinox sailing, so I was hoping to get some information before I show up at the pier with my negative test strip.

I certainly don't understand the issue. The protocols are clear. You take the test and snap a photo of it with your phone or bring it with you (yuk). It's not like a hostage photo where you need to hold up a copy of the current newspaper.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

I certainly don't understand the issue. The protocols are clear. You take the test and snap a photo of it with your phone or bring it with you (yuk). It's not like a hostage photo where you need to hold up a copy of the current newspaper.

Agree. It be be great if that's all we needed to do for our upcoming NE/Canada cruise. 

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Even under the old protocol, they only care about the date, name and the word “negative”

I think the biggest part of the question is how do we prove the date . . . or the name for that matter. (Whose test result is it? 🙃 )

As for date, it's probably not widely known (or at least thought of) that one can set a cellphone date manually, thus the possibility of fooling pretty much everything and everybody.

1 minute ago, Moonarino said:

I think the biggest part of the question is how do we prove the date

I can't find language anywhere in the protocols that says you have to provide proof of the date of the photo. Can you provide a link to this?

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You can snap a photo of a test, taken exactly when  (see my above) and from whom? (And was the test actually done correctly or not?) Under current instructions there is pretty much no way to confirm any of that by just snapping a photo of "a" test result. IOW, they might as well just give up on the whole deal.

• Like 4

Just now, RichYak said:

I can't find language anywhere in the protocols that says you have to provide proof of the date of the photo. Can you provide a link to this?

But what good does it do if you can't prove it's a recent test? I could use a test result from when I had a fever a few days ago (from a sinus infection) and home-tested just to know if I was covid-positive or not (the test was negative) and I'm not sailing till November.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The requirement is within three days, so there is an implicit requirement to establish the date of the test.

If that's your belief, then they also might ask you to prove that you were the one that took the test. They won't. This is now all window dressing. They will take any little info you have to allow you on board.

• Like 2

Here we go yet again...

People, honestly, give it a rest and use a little deductive reasoning. If they cared about any aspect of the self-test...the date, test subject, type of test, etc, etc, don't you think the process would be just a tad more ironclad? Y'know, like it was before?

Give it a rest...

• Like 2

Please correct me if I am wrong...

I just read on Celebrity website (regarding a Covid test):

"To meet this requirement, you may use any at-home antigen tests."

Does it mean I don't need to go to the lab to do a PCR test and can use a pharmacy bought self-test, do it, in 15 minutes take a picture of the result and keep it on my phone? 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, TroubleT said:

Does it mean I don't need to go to the lab to do a PCR test and can use a pharmacy bought self-test, do it, in 15 minutes take a picture of the result and keep it on my phone? 

Thanks!

Yep, it means exactly that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TroubleT said:

Thanks!

Precisely.

• Like 1

I am cruising out of Amsterdam on the Apex on Sept 11. If possible I will post what the process was to board at that time. I am anticipating, as some suggest, that this is theatre and they will hardly care about the test and test result at all. I have many self test kits with me in case I want to do some on the ship as well. I believe we are finally moving in the right direction. Happy travels to all!

We're packing self-tests with us for our European cruise in October, but the whole thing is laughable.  They say you can also 'bring the actual test'.  Has anyone ever looked at a RAT test a few days later?  The lines run into each other and you can't even tell what's what... we'll be taking a pic with the result on the day, and we'll have the actual tests with us, but it's so dumb.  

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. It be be great if that's all we needed to do for our upcoming NE/Canada cruise. 

Except that for that itinerary you need to follow the Canadian rules and have a monitored test. I hope that changes by spring so I won't need to test prior to the second leg of my B2B.