Neptune Suite Breakfast on the Westerdam

sea_la_vie

Hello, we will be sailing on the Westerdam for the first time, and we are trying out a Neptune suite for the first time as well. Is there a Pinnacle Grill onboard where Neptune Suite breakfasts are offered? Or just an area of the dining room?  I've been looking up old threads and unclear about where breakfasts are currently offered for Neptune Suite guests.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

There are Pinnacle Grills on every HAL ship.

But it is only in the non-Pinnacle-class ships, like the Westerdam, where the Pinnacle Grill is used for suite breakfasts.  On Pinnacle-class ships, the Club Orange dining room is used for suite (and Club Orange guests) breakfasts.

BTW, it is always a really lovely experience eating in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.  It is usually not crowded at all, with maybe 4-8 tables being used at a time.  There are also many waiters so service is excellent and several waiters will be working your table.  You will be offered to select from a large tray of breakfast rolls/muffins; on several days my son's favorite blueberry muffins were not on the tray so we asked and they had a waiter run to the bakery to get some more.  Your coffee cup will never go empty; in many cases, after I took a couple sips a waiter came by and refilled it to the top.  Because the service is so good, you can easily be in-and-out in 30 minutes after a very satisfying breakfast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Torquer said:

But it is only in the non-Pinnacle-class ships, like the Westerdam, where the Pinnacle Grill is used for suite breakfasts.  On Pinnacle-class ships, the Club Orange dining room is used for suite (and Club Orange guests) breakfasts.

BTW, it is always a really lovely experience eating in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.  It is usually not crowded at all, with maybe 4-8 tables being used at a time.  There are also many waiters so service is excellent and several waiters will be working your table.  You will be offered to select from a large tray of breakfast rolls/muffins; on several days my son's favorite blueberry muffins were not on the tray so we asked and they had a waiter run to the bakery to get some more.  Your coffee cup will never go empty; in many cases, after I took a couple sips a waiter came by and refilled it to the top.  Because the service is so good, you can easily be in-and-out in 30 minutes after a very satisfying breakfast.

Sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing your experience 🙂

6 hours ago, Torquer said:

The PG is a very sedate setting for breakfast.  If one is slow to "get going", it is a good way to "ease into the day".  While I enjoyed the opportunity to have breakfast there (and this was on the Westedam), it was a bit too sedate for my preference.  Your description of the service that you received was different from mine.  Different cruises, different staff and PG management, different experiences.  

• Like 2

Nieuw Amsterdam uses the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune Suite and Club Orange breakfasts.  She doesn't have a separate Club Orange Dining room. I really have enjoyed the NA so I hope you do too!

I'll also be on the Nieuw Amsterdam soon......in 18 days....... but who's counting?? 

😁

~Nancy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@KAKcruiser That may be so.  I haven't ever purchased Club Orange so no actual experience.  My assumption could be wrong! I should know better than to speak on what I assumed without first hand experience!!!  Thanks!

Anyone on CC who has had CO on Nieuw Amsterdam care to set the record straight about the breakfasts?

~Nancy

11 hours ago, oakridger said:

@KAKcruiser That may be so.  I haven't ever purchased Club Orange so no actual experience.  My assumption could be wrong! I should know better than to speak on what I assumed without first hand experience!!!  Thanks!

Anyone on CC who has had CO on Nieuw Amsterdam care to set the record straight about the breakfasts?

~Nancy

Just off sister ship Eurodam and only Neptunes allowed in PG for breakfast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Westerdam/Alaska in June in a Neptune Suite and enjoyed breakfast in the Pinnacle for breakfast.  I found the service to be really wonderful on this ship for PG breakfast....much better than the special Club Orange dining room on the Koningsdam.

Patrick was our concierge...he was with us for the Koningsdam?Hawaii in February,  but switched to the Westerdam as it heads to  Australia/New Zealand this fall.  We were happy and surprised to see him again...he is great!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
35 minutes ago, Denicek said:

I'm curious too, have a Neptune Suite, four other cabins have Club Orange. Can they join us in PG for breakfast?

No.  Breakfast in the PG is not a Club Orange benefit.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Neptune Suite on a Pinnacle class ship (NSD) next April. So breakfast for us (other than room service) in either the MDR or Club Orange then?

You can also go to the Lido Market Place or NY Deli & Pizza for breakfast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

You can also go to the Lido Market Place or NY Deli & Pizza for breakfast.

Yes, knew about the Lido Marketplace and just learned that NY Deli has bagels, so another good option.

Those of you that have had breakfast and dinner in Club Orange, is it at least a pretty nice experience? Other than the extra menu option at dinner, is it more intimate, better service, etc.? What sets it apart from the MDR?

(Sorry, first time sailing with HAL, this is all new to us.)