Meraviglia Secrets!

Singleandnotmingling

I will be cruising solo on a quick 4 nighter on the Meraviglia out of Cape Canaveral. I was wondering if there are any “secrets” or tips to know about.

for example, where is a nice quiet spot to read a book?

what bars/ restaurants have the coolest spots to sit and maybe some good chicken wings?

I will not be on yacht club and specifically looking for spots not in yacht club

thanks!

15 hours ago, cellfree said:

Deck 16 Sky Lounge - seldom used during day, overlooks poolside, great place for lounging/reading - in evening they have some entertainment, couple months ago we had a Duo that sang various types of music.

oh, yes, forgot about this lounge.  they make the SMOKED drinks there - delicious.  It's super quiet during the day (never went at night).  While we enjoyed the Champagne bar on the Mera we found it's location to be odd - too out in the open for us.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

oh, yes, forgot about this lounge.  they make the SMOKED drinks there - delicious.  It's super quiet during the day (never went at night).  While we enjoyed the Champagne bar on the Mera we found it's location to be odd - too out in the open for us.

Educate me on “smoked drinks.”

And Champagne Bar, we found it quite a large space rarely used, and if I remember correctly seating not real comfortable for a quiet relax.

18 hours ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

I will be cruising solo on a quick 4 nighter on the Meraviglia out of Cape Canaveral. I was wondering if there are any “secrets” or tips to know about.

for example, where is a nice quiet spot to read a book?

what bars/ restaurants have the coolest spots to sit and maybe some good chicken wings?

I will not be on yacht club and specifically looking for spots not in yacht club

thanks!

Welcome to CC.

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Educate me on “smoked drinks.”

And Champagne Bar, we found it quite a large space rarely used, and if I remember correctly seating not real comfortable for a quiet relax.

It is really one of those things you have to experience.  Had first one on Seaside by the bar by BC made by the Great Isiah.  Best drink I ever had.  Only certain bars make them.

• Like 2

Might be of interest!!!!   Many ships when being built have a coin or coins laid in or under the keel to bless the ship and a symbol of good fortune. Most of the time you will never get to see them again. However on the Meraviglia, if you take the port side (I believe) panoramic elevator to the lowest deck it goes, look out the glass window opposite side of the door, and you will get to see the coins!

2.JPG

1.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, dexddd said:

It is really one of those things you have to experience.  Had first one on Seaside by the bar by BC made by the Great Isiah.  Best drink I ever had.  Only certain bars make them.

Must be a little dense - so I simply order a “smoked drink” or are there a multitude of smoked drinks?

6 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Must be a little dense - so I simply order a “smoked drink” or are there a multitude of smoked drinks?

There are more than one.  I don't think I grabbed a shot of one of the menus.  I just Isiah to pick one.

Best way I could describe is if you took the smell of a structure fire during overhaul and made it into a drink.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dexddd said:

There are more than one.  I don't think I grabbed a shot of one of the menus.  I just Isiah to pick one.

Best way I could describe is if you took the smell of a structure fire during overhaul and made it into a drink.

I know this is a Mera thread about highlights, didn’t mean to depart from that, on Divina a week from today, will certainly investigate. 

• 4 weeks later...

Have a couple of questions about Embarkation Day eating on Meraviglia:

1.  Is there a MDR open in the Morning/Afternoon for Lunch?

2.  What Venues are serving meals other than the Buffet?

Thanks

Cheers

10 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Have a couple of questions about Embarkation Day eating on Meraviglia:

1.  Is there a MDR open in the Morning/Afternoon for Lunch?

2.  What Venues are serving meals other than the Buffet?

Thanks

Cheers

To #1:  MDR is CLOSED for embarkation lunch

#2:  The Buffet 😞

On 9/11/2022 at 12:51 PM, cellfree said:

There is a technique that some bars use to ignite a small amount of wood to create smoke, that permeates the mixed drink. The only ones I’ve seen have been bourbon based cocktails.

A54FEE47-799E-49F0-8D7B-57682245D335.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I am interested in all of these tips! We will be sailing on the Meraviglia for the first time in June 2023. Have been on the Divina. Anything special, not-to-be missed, hidden gems, tips about Meraviglia?

17 minutes ago, svmodi said:

I am interested in all of these tips! We will be sailing on the Meraviglia for the first time in June 2023. Have been on the Divina. Anything special, not-to-be missed, hidden gems, tips about Meraviglia?

2023!  Wow! Talk about "Back to the Future!" 😉