LA; Where do I board? Where do I park?

DDDDale

This is our first Regent cruise (R/T from LA on 10/3) but we have been to the LA/San Pedro World Cruise Terminal many times and assumed (yikes) that we would be boarding the Mariner there.  On the documents we received it merely states "Pier 46 California". Really precise.  I have been searching for information about Pier 46 and have come up empty.  We drive to the port and  park and was expecting to park at the usual Pier 91/93 parking lot.  Apparently not.  Our travel agent has been unable to find out where Pier 46 is.  I'm sure many of you can give me the necessary info as to where it is and what the parking situation is.  HELP!!

Dale

B46 is a ways off from the terminal, but there is a shuttle bus to it, so I would guess parking/checkin remain the same.

https://cruiseportwiki.com/LosAngeles

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Outer+Harbor%2FBerth+46/@33.7149348,-118.2751567,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x80dd37bf38979e7b:0x9157079449c6a915!8m2!3d33.7149348!4d-118.2751567

RSSC seems to be the only cruise line assigned to it.

• Thanks 1

DDDDale:  

First:   We are also on this cruise. 

Second:  Thank you, Dave Fr, for providing a link to a map.  

Third:  Really, really:  why should it be this hard to figure out?  Lack of specifically affects not-only embarking passengers; but those ending a segment on the day we board.  

Lastly:  Will be flying into L.A. on 10/02 and staying at Regent's designated Beverly Hills hotel.  As was done on two prior occasions, Regent will again be responsible for our transportation (on about a 45-50 minute van ride) from The Beverely Wilshire Four Seasons to the ship.  We will leave it up to what has always been a competent driver to get us to--on this cruise--Mariner.  Previous were on Navigator segments. 

Frankly, having enbibed in great Hotel breakfasts, I slept most of the way to the ship.  Not paying close attention to the route.  Most-recently was in 2018. 

FWIIW:  The address for this location is:  3011 Miner Street, Los Angeles, CA 90731.

Best, 

GOARMY!

yes, Berth 46 is part of the port, but about 1 mile away. After a few changes, some of the limo services (car services)  now have this as part of the options (last week they didn't). 

Outer Harbor/Berth 46, Miner Street 3011, San Pedro, 90731 Los Angeles, California  would be the correct info.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the information about where 46 is.

So, I decided to make some phone calls to try to nail down specific answers to my rather important access questions since we will be driving and parking.

1.  On the Cruise Vacation Document under Embarkation Port Information there is a phone number for the "local representative": Got the dreaded VOICE MAIL message telling me to "leave a message," However I was then told "mailbox full". I had to laugh.

2.  For the World Cruise Terminal I called the Passenger Info number:  No human but interestingly there was a listing of phone numbers for cruise lines that dock there.  Regent not among them.

3.  For the World Cruise Terminal I called the Parking info number. Yippee; HUMANS.  A very helpful woman confirmed that the Mariner would be embarking from 46 and told me that I should first drop off luggage and passengers at 46 and then go back and park at the regular parking area near pier 92 and she said that there will be a shuttle bus at the terminal that will take me back to 46. She assured me that I wouldn't have a problem locating the shuttle.  I always assume the worst but we'll see; I can always walk.

Why Regent doesn't routinely provide that information I don't understand.  I shouldn't have had to take the time and trouble to do this. I'm very disappointed. 

• Like 2

A word of caution…..In 2018 the Navigator docked at 46(or a dock away from the main port area with the other ships) after the WC. There were markers for a shuttle bus that was scheduled for every 30 min. We waited 45 mins and 3 other people waited over an hour. We finally called a cab to come for us. I don’t know what happened to the others.

Edited by cwn

4 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Gcto, thanks for the car info.  , Do you have the names of the car services that might get us there?  Have lived in LA most of my life but this is a new twist.

I've use Blacklane in the past and will use them again. 

We disembark at pier 46 in Oct on Mariner and will need transportation to Long BeachAirport.  Will we have to get our luggage and get on the shuttle to main exit or can the drivers come down to pier 46.  This is confusing. Also exactly which cruise port is this? 

1 hour ago, jhenry1 said:

We disembark at pier 46 in Oct on Mariner and will need transportation to Long BeachAirport.  Will we have to get our luggage and get on the shuttle to main exit or can the drivers come down to pier 46.  This is confusing. Also exactly which cruise port is this? 

Kandy, are you on 21 Sep Vancouver to LA?

No we are Mariner on Oct 25 return Nov 3 LA-LA

I checked the port schedule and on our return we are at pier 46 way down the way. We booked our own air to get non stop flights so flying home from LBA and trying to book transfer to airport.  We fly in on American to LAX and one using Regent transfer to ship but can’t seem to get an answer regarding transfer to LBA on return.

Did you guys have a wonderful trip?  Chose a good time to go as the weather here was brutal this summer. We did have a great time on Explorer for the Holy Lands. What a wonderful experience. Made it home with no issues but upon return both Ron and I had Covid. When we returned still had to be tested to return to US so we made it but 2 days later came down with Covid.  There were people on our ship that had Covid and also ones on the post cruise that we did that tested positive. But we made it home whew. Not any real issues with it.

Just got off the phone with LA Port POC (SMS International Shore Ops) listed on our final documents.  If you have a car service or private limo, the agent Rosie said to enter the port, drive down Harbor Blvd past 25th Street which then becomes Miner Street and continue driving until you see the ship. There will be a drop-off point where we can deposit our luggage and check in. Hope this helps.

26 minutes ago, ruthe17 said:

Just got off the phone with LA Port POC (SMS International Shore Ops) listed on our final documents.  If you have a car service or private limo, the agent Rosie said to enter the port, drive down Harbor Blvd past 25th Street which then becomes Miner Street and continue driving until you see the ship. There will be a drop-off point where we can deposit our luggage and check in. Hope this helps.

Here is a link to a PDF map of the Port of LA.  Pier 46 is labeled "MU1".  It's at south end of the port.

https://kentico.portoflosangeles.org/getmedia/07e1377d-b452-4ecb-a629-9a0c69410805/pola-facilities-map

edit:  just noticed @DaveFR had already posted this map, but I was having trouble with the download on his post, so above is a direct link from the Port of LA website

Edited by RJ2002

6 hours ago, douginct said:

I will be on a cruise disembarking in LA.  Is Blacklane a limo company?  Was thinking about pre-booking a limo pickup to go to LAX. Should I consider Blacklane? Thanks.

yes, Blacklane is a "limo" company or more a limo scheduler it seems (like Uber for Limos). You book with them (any port, any city) and they send a "limo" (towncar, Big black SUV, etc).  Used them a few times and always had good results.  There are other companies for driving to LAX, but I don't have experience with them. 

2 minutes ago, Gcto said:

yes, Blacklane is a "limo" company or more a limo scheduler it seems (like Uber for Limos). You book with them (any port, any city) and they send a "limo" (towncar, Big black SUV, etc).  Used them a few times and always had good results.  There are other companies for driving to LAX, but I don't have experience with them. 

Just FYI, Blacklane has a Cell App you can load, as well and set up an "account" with log-in infor.  I've used them several times and they're extremely reliable, professional, and reasonably priced (not "free" of course, but competitive with other limo services).

In case anyone besides me is driving themselves to the pier I talked to Rosie, the SMS local rep and she told me that the PLAN is to have parking set aside for us in the normal port parking area for 91-93 but back toward the Iowa.  They haven't done this before so we will see how it goes.  They will have luggage carts THERE and a shuttle bus to take us to the ship.  Sounds good, I hope it works.  She said that when we get back we will be disembarking from 93, or so she thinks now so it will be a long walk to our cars.  I'll need the exercise at that point.  

We depart LA on Oct. 15 on Mariner from berth 46. We will be visiting family in Orange County prior to the cruise, will drop a rental car at Long Beach Airport and take an Uber to the port. One would hope that there would be signage similar to what one finds in Miami or Port Everglades directing vehicles to drop off area for our specific ship. However, things do sound complicated. This thread is so helpful. Now I have needed information in case signage/directions at the Port are less than ideal. Thanks, everyone.