Hey Shrek...can you please call off Fiona?

island lady

Leaving on Harmony this Sunday, eastern route...right into the path of Fiona.  Not really worried about it, being on such a big beamy sure footed ship as Harmony, which can move out of the way if needed...but oh that rain.  😮  

Wondered if Shrek could drag her back to the swamp before we leave.  😉   Probably won't make Coco Cay.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Leaving on Harmony this Sunday, eastern route...right into the path of Fiona.  Not really worried about it, being on such a big beamy sure footed ship as Harmony, which can move out of the way if needed...but oh that rain.  😮  

Wondered if Shrek could drag her back to the swamp before we leave.  😉   Probably won't make Coco Cay.  

Sorry.  They got rid of the dreamworks characters several years ago or you could’ve asked in person.  😂😂

• Like 2

Doing the anti-rain dance for you!

Just now, topnole said:

Sorry.  They got rid of the dreamworks characters several years ago or you could’ve asked in person.  😂😂

Was going to mention, I still remember Shrek scaring the living crap out of my niece years ago when she was 2 or 3, lol. When the characters came through the MDR she hid under the table! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Cruising through a storm can be a lot of fun, if you're one of the lucky ones not prone to seasickness!  We were on Freedom some years ago and sailed from Cozumel back to Port Canaveral in a storm.  Boy was that ship rocking and rolling...we had the pool to ourselves!  We had a blast watching the waves break on the bow of the ship and send showers all the way up over it.  Enjoy the ride!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, topnole said:

Yeah drats...but I think I still have a picture of Bucky with Fiona somewhere in my collection when they had that contract.  😄 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Sailing with you and I am hoping for the same thing! Assuming we miss Coco Cay, I hope we make the other ports. Fingers crossed, but making the most of the DBP and UDP either way. 😉

You got it!   "Sea" you on board real soon!  🙂 

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Doing the anti-rain dance for you!

Was going to mention, I still remember Shrek scaring the living crap out of my niece years ago when she was 2 or 3, lol. When the characters came through the MDR she hid under the table! 🤣

Tooo funny!  😄 😄 

5 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

Cruising through a storm can be a lot of fun, if you're one of the lucky ones not prone to seasickness!  We were on Freedom some years ago and sailed from Cozumel back to Port Canaveral in a storm.  Boy was that ship rocking and rolling...we had the pool to ourselves!  We had a blast watching the waves break on the bow of the ship and send showers all the way up over it.  Enjoy the ride!

Whooo hoo!!  Hold on to that cocktail!!  😄 

24 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

If the pools open it isn’t that bad. 😂😂

I’ve been on a few where your weren’t allowed on the outside decks.  Those can make some of the most seasoned workers feel a bit off.  

Edited by topnole
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

If the pools open it isn’t that bad. 😂😂

I’ve been on a few where your were allowed on the outside decks.  Those can make some of the most seasoned workers feel a bit off.  

We never use the pool or hot tubs...but it is interesting watching those surfer's waves on the kiddie pool!  😄 

Take good care of Harmony for us.  We are onboard right after you.  Please don't drag Fiona back to Port Canaveral with you.  I don't mind being rerouted due to a storm, but there's not much you can do if the storm hits your embarkation port!  Been there, done that.  What a mess.  Hopefully Fiona will take a Northerly jog and get out of the way.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, topnole said:

I’ve been on a few where your weren’t allowed on the outside decks.  Those can make some of the most seasoned workers feel a bit off.  

Try being on one where you're not allowed out of your stateroom! You need a crash helmet for those!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Take good care of Harmony for us.  We are onboard right after you.  Please don't drag Fiona back to Port Canaveral with you.  I don't mind being rerouted due to a storm, but there's not much you can do if the storm hits your embarkation port!  Been there, done that.  What a mess.  Hopefully Fiona will take a Northerly jog and get out of the way.  

We are getting a good soaking and some lightning right now.  Hoping Fiona does not head towards us here near PC...we are already soaked in the swamp as it is.  Maybe that is why I can't find Shrek...he sunk out there somewhere.  😄 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

sorry - wrong thread.    Wish CC had a delete key for a wrong post. 

M

Yikes...just had a really major lighting strike next to the house right now.  Hope you don't have this stuff to drive down in.  😬 

Fiona appetizer?  😟

15 minutes ago, SchoolNurseMom said:

We're heading to Miami for ABC cruise on Explorer tomorrow. Does anyone know if they normally sail west of Cuba on their way south? Maybe we'll have no itinerary changes?

Nice thing about the ships...they can change direction when they need to.  

Bad Fiona...bad girl...

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Nice thing about the ships...they can change direction when they need to.  

Unless the storm pops up when you’re docked and can’t depart because the channel is too narrow to transit.

Got caught in a Tropical Storm on Nordic Empress when docked at the Dockyard in Bermuda. Had tugboats holding us to the dock, but the ship was still rocking and rolling.  Norwegian ship was in St. Georges and snapped the lines and started drifting.  

Had to delay departure while waiting for the airport to open so a crew from Miami could come to inspect the long gash in the ship from repeatedly hitting the dock.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1