The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 21st, 2022

richwmn

15 minutes ago, dfish said:

Cardboardeaux sounds really good, but I don't have any.  I'm in my jammies and it is too much effort to get dressed and go get some.

I'm not sure the jerk is worth the effort to file an ethics complaint.  I hope the Dr. can appeal the decision about Botox.  It is expensive to pay on your own.

There's always tomorrow when you can get some.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Wow, such a day.  @dfish I hope I'm not looking at this through rose colored glasses but just wondering if the inspector felt he had to find something to justify his existence and the broken faucet might indicate he couldn't find anything.  I'll hold on to hope until I hear otherwise.  

@1ANGELCAT, I pray that your doctor can prevail with the insurance.  We have a long way to go with our medical system. 

@*Miss G* so sorry to hear about your Father and Father in Law.  I hope DH does get to visit his father in time and that you can  find your way clear to visit your sister,

@kochleffel glad to hear there is some good news today among all the tragedy,  @HAL Sailer great to hear your awesome news today as well.

@smitty34877 wishing you strength in letting others take over some of the load with Tana and very thankful for your great neighbors.  I expect you have such great neighbors largely because you have always been one yourself.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Wow, such a day.  @dfish I hope I'm not looking at this through rose colored glasses but just wondering if the inspector felt he had to find something to justify his existence and the broken faucet might indicate he couldn't find anything.  I'll hold on to hope until I hear otherwise.  

It is nice to think that, but we did leave a couple of things for him to find.  Like we need a thin cap for the electrical panel.  Dan has one and is bringing it out tomorrow.  I should also have a fire proof door between the garage and the house.  It is in the garage, but not in place.  He could mention that!  That is actually a biggie.  But thank you for the kind thoughts.  I think with the faucet he just was turning it the wrong way.  I'll check it out tomorrow when Dan is here.  

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

There's always tomorrow when you can get some.

Lenda

That's my plan!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I was just outside observing the slope to the north of Skykomish from the end of our street. The fire has died down a lot since earlier today, but it is still pretty active. We can hear large trees falling and rolling and crashing through the forest.

1383224553_nightfire4.thumb.jpg.0d8533bc22e98194cbfcc827461d0518.jpg

1468347908_nightfire1.thumb.jpg.2c6ac8b79b53cc754a8ad672da7ad5f2.jpg

618259772_nightfire2.thumb.jpg.f16ca2f916da6dbb60ae400b4015d92f.jpg

193226559_nightfire3.thumb.jpg.58776b7640b18a8117420660971c492a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 14

5 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

I was just outside observing the slope to the north of Skykomish from the end of our street. The fire has died down a lot since earlier today, but it is still pretty active. We can hear large trees falling and rolling and crashing through the forest.

That fire still looks big and scary.  Stay safe and don't take any chances.  Still, sending positive thoughts for your safety and the safety of your town and everyone there.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dfish said:

It is nice to think that, but we did leave a couple of things for him to find.  Like we need a thin cap for the electrical panel.  Dan has one and is bringing it out tomorrow.  I should also have a fire proof door between the garage and the house.  It is in the garage, but not in place.  He could mention that!  That is actually a biggie.  But thank you for the kind thoughts.  I think with the faucet he just was turning it the wrong way.  I'll check it out tomorrow when Dan is here.  

That's my plan!

Debbie, I'm surprised he didn't remember the old saying "lefty loosey, righty tighty" when he couldn't figure out which way was OFF!  He should definitely have to pay for that repair since he was responsible for it.

7 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

I'm so sorry to see the fire is still active and hope conditions improve very soon!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dfish said:

Cardboardeaux sounds really good, but I don't have any.  I'm in my jammies and it is too much effort to get dressed and go get some.

I'm not sure the jerk is worth the effort to file an ethics complaint.  I hope the Dr. can appeal the decision about Botox.  It is expensive to pay on your own.

As a member of the food and beverage department, I am shocked and dismayed to learn you had no wine in your house! 

• Haha 8

7 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

As a member of the food and beverage department, I am shocked and dismayed to learn you had no wine in your house! 

It happens more often than not.  I'm not a big drinker.  Except on vacation.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, dfish said:

It happens more often than not.  I'm not a big drinker.  Except on vacation.

You might be surprised to learn that I rarely drink at home. But I look at wine and toilet paper the same way - I want to be sure to have some on hand, when I need them. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 7