Bermuda Testing Discontinued

mfs2k

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Woohoo

Cruise Passenger Travel Authorisation

All travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test nor a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda.

• Like 5

I’m very happy. Our Beyond cruise arrives in Bermuda on 10/28.  I really don’t care about the $40 per person for the travel authorization fee.  Inconsequential to us.  

Now we don’t have to stress about the testing. 

Anyone want a six pack of Emed proctored tests?

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I’m very happy. Our Beyond cruise arrives in Bermuda on 10/28.  I really don’t care about the $40 per person for the travel authorization fee.  Inconsequential to us.  

Now we don’t have to stress about the testing. 

I'm on that same cruise and have been praying to the travel gods the testing req will get dropped.

• Like 3

Too bad they waited until now to make the change. All the T/As that were to stop there dropped it as a port because of the testing requirement. Lots of people on our R/C not happy with the change..others were as they preferred Lisbon which is what we ended up with. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I was waiting to order only because of the expiration date.  Last year when I needed them, they arrived expired but the date had been extended. I needed more this year and the date wasn't for very long so I thought this time, I would wait.  Hence, my reminder to order tomorrow that I now deleted.  😃

It definitely is a sigh of relief to not worry about testing.

Last year, I 'quarantined' myself 2 weeks before my cruise even though 'breakthroughs' weren't that common but I had multiple cruises cancelled due to the shutdown so I wasn't taking any chances of testing +...I needed to be on that ship. 😅

I was going to basically do the same this time.  Now, I don't have to.   Yay for all of us!!! 🥳  One less thing to be anxious about. 

🍹

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I was waiting to order only because of the expiration date.  Last year when I needed them, they arrived expired but the date had been extended. I needed more this year and the date wasn't for very long so I thought this time, I would wait.  Hence, my reminder to order tomorrow that I now deleted.  😃

It definitely is a sigh of relief to not worry about testing.

Last year, I 'quarantined' myself 2 weeks before my cruise even though 'breakthroughs' weren't that common but I had multiple cruises cancelled due to the shutdown so I wasn't taking any chances of testing +...I needed to be on that ship. 😅

I was going to basically do the same this time.  Now, I don't have to.   Yay for all of us!!! 🥳  One less thing to be anxious about. 

🍹

Edited by gold1953

13 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Too bad they waited until now to make the change. All the T/As that were to stop there dropped it as a port because of the testing requirement. Lots of people on our R/C not happy with the change..others were as they preferred Lisbon which is what we ended up with. 

Self-inflicted "wound" by Bermudan Government. I don't feel sorry for them ONE BIT!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LuAnn said:

My guess, this is why they dropped it.  It was originally in place until Spring 2023.  According to articles, Bermuda made 22 million.  I wonder what they lost.  Money grabs never pan out in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Julma said:

My guess, this is why they dropped it.  It was originally in place until Spring 2023.  According to articles, Bermuda made 22 million.  I wonder what they lost.  Money grabs never pan out in the long run.

The $40 thingie still exists - only testing has ended.  We still have to pay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're paying $370 ($185 ea) for Taxes, Fees and Port expenses for our Bermuda/Aruba/Curacao Beyond cruise.  I doubt very many people ask for a breakdown of these charges.

If they added the $40 per person for the Bermuda Travel Authorization to these fees, no one would know the difference and it probably wouldn't be a frequent topic on Cruise Critic.

I'd be complaining louder if Celebrity charged a fuel surcharge, which their contract gives them the right to add. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

The $40 thingie still exists - only testing has ended.  We still have to pay.

Sadly Summit's Repositioning sailing guests still need to test as we port in Bermuda on 17 October for a 6 hour stop. 

Edited by Zigster
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zigster said:

Sadly Summit's Repositioning sailing guests still need to test as we port in Bermuda on 17 October for a 6 hour stop. 

I don't know how to insert a GIF, so picture that Maxwell Smart clip where he says, "Missed it by that much".  😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

not updated on CCL website

Celebrity's website doesn't need to be changed for Summit's port stop in Bermuda. The requirement for the ending of the Bermuda Authorization doesn't go in effect until 25 October. 

7 hours ago, Zigster said:

Celebrity's website doesn't need to be changed for Summit's port stop in Bermuda. The requirement for the ending of the Bermuda Authorization doesn't go in effect until 25 October. 

I think the point was that the website still says testing required, period. It should be updated to reflect 10/25...

• Like 1