Arvia - Huge discounts

gsgbrumuk

Agree.  Just been looking at cruises on Aurora.  They have 5 sold out for next year, but I noticed the 28 day cruise to the Caribbean was only £2020 (ish) which is only £72 pp per night.   As this situation in the economy worsens, they are going to have a hard time filling ships.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gsgbrumuk said:

Wonder if we will be issued with a paint brush and roller when we board to finish painting it!

20221007_163759.thumb.jpg.a7d04fa3eb4c6013f6242fa03baf1242.jpgApparently they are cutting down on the refit costs.  In readiness for the next Aurora refit they are using secondhand deck fittings from Grandiosa.

This reminds me, i have a email from P&O reducing my fare on Arvia next April by over £400 and promising to refund my credit card. This was months ago and it still has not arrived.

I will remind them when i cancel my Iona cruise next week

Edited by davecttr

24 minutes ago, niltava42 said:

I assume the prices have been monitored by people on the forum?

Out of interest what constitutes a huge discount? The prices I can see on the P&O website don't seem to be that out step with Iona's Canary Is prices...

Nick 

One lady got £2400 back

on the email i received from a well known uk cruise company balconies were discounted £1,300 and seaview £1,000.  Not had my revised invoice yet.  A balcony for £83.21 pppn can't be bad.

Edited by gsgbrumuk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tring said:

We are currently on Azura and Arvia cruises are being plugged hard by the onboard sales dept.

Not surprising really,  I suppose. Inflation at 10%, mortgage rates doubling, etc, means that the very market Arvia is aimed at (young families)are having to rein in their discretionary spending, if there is any left at all.

• Like 5

We were looking at Arvia cruises earlier and went into book online and the price remained constant until I clicked on the pay now button and it instantly increased in price by £200. I understand dynamic pricing so I went on again on using a different device because I wanted to avoid cookies alerting the P&O system that I was still looking, surprise, surprise it had reverted to the origin price so I went to book on line on this device and again it  jumped up by £200 as soon as I pressed pay now.  Sharp practice or just coincidence?

• Like 3

Well I have checked price of our stateroom on Arvia in September 2023 which we booked when first released. Even with huge OBC being offered currently taking everything into account it is still cheaper when I booked than it is now. So be careful with the "huge discount" might be misleading and a great publicity stunt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

so I went to book on line on this device and again it  jumped up by £200 as soon as I pressed pay now.  Sharp practice or just coincidence?

Maybe search in icognito or private mode before booking.  Most browsers have that ability.

I've seen the prices on Arvia fluctuate quite a lot. We booked for June 2023, a few months later, just thought I'd check current prices. Saw it had gone down by about £600-700. Called P&O who advised would have to cancel and re-book meaning we lost the deposit, but still about £500 saved.

Just checked again and it's now £900 more than what we've booked for. We did get 3rd & 4th guest free, but even taking that into account, its more now than when we re-booked back in June.

I would book for 2024 but itineraries seem a bit limited and same as 2022 & 2023. I know this has been mentioned on a different thread, but since the re-start the choice of destinations seems a bit more limited 

• Like 1

My Caribbean cruise on Arvia in Frbruary 23 is now £1000 cheaper and comes with £650 OBC  P&O and TA both say ony option is to cancel and re-book.  Disappointing that P&O seem to be giving retrospective discounts on Arvia's maiden voyage.

14 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Well I have checked price of our stateroom on Arvia in September 2023 which we booked when first released. Even with huge OBC being offered currently taking everything into account it is still cheaper when I booked than it is now. So be careful with the "huge discount" might be misleading and a great publicity stunt.

Totally agree Tom. Just checked our Arvia for Sept 2023 and it is £1700 (for two) more now than when we booked at launch. OK the OBC has increased to £690 per cabin but you are paying for that in the increased fare. 

Having seen the current saver fares for Arvia's maiden, we would have probably booked, but are already on a cruise at that time.

That said, I do wonder whether Arvia's maiden will happen on time.  Her maiden voyage is two months away today, and she is still being fitted out in Papenburg.  Haven't read anything about sea trials etc.