Nieuw Statendam 10/8/22 Relocation to Fort Lauderdale

richwmn

We’ve done our own thing the past 2 days. In Portland, we rented a car and drove up Route 1 to the coastal towns of Damariscotta and Boothbay Harbor. My family use to vacation in Boothbay Harbor when I was a teenager, and my husband and I have done several road trips through MAine. The fall colors were gorgeous even in the mist and rain. For today’s Boston stop, we booked a Boston Pizza Walking Tour in the North End. Did a lot of walking and had 3 slices of pizza and a cannoli. I am stuffed! 

• Like 4

@richwmn what a mess!  Carolyn thought you might have to Uber home from Ft. Lauderdale.

Today was a very successful day!  @Cruising-alongmanaged to get her haircut, I replenished my supply of allergy meds, we had coffee and cannoli for lunch, toured Paul Revere’s house, and bought cheesy souvenir t-shirts.  

C04755BC-6EE5-48FD-8B5B-5DC03279D7D0.thumb.jpeg.85b90218ae503e193b137670f8145252.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hi Rich.  I have been enjoying reading about your travels.  Sorry about the flight issues, and glad you were able to get it resolved.  I will be on a B2B Nov 9th to 30th on the Rotterdam to the Southern Caribbean, where I joyfully will be attaining my Free Laundry pin!  Sometime in the future I would love to meet you, maybe for lunch, and talk HAL & cruising. I live in Lawrenceville, GA very close to the MOG, and come to Athens for family frequently.  You can email me at jimbecker@bellsouth.net to see what we can work out.  Have a great rest of your trip and hope we can meet soon.   Jim

• Like 1

As Debbie @dfishsaid, I’m a happy camper (cruiser) because I managed to get my hair cut today in Boston. No way I could wait another 3 weeks when we’re home again. I wasn’t impressed with the customer service of the ship salon, so wanted to avoid booking with them. 

A very nice day in Boston today! 
Sailing away, goodbye Boston!

3255B113-FCA1-483E-A418-019BCA8D9257.thumb.jpeg.44fffe5187e933b58d53d3462728ccc9.jpeg

19D778A8-9DBD-433D-8F0B-BFD742DDF1D2.thumb.jpeg.6cd512c0d0c64cd00c02d2fb5428ba40.jpeg

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 18

@richwmnGood luck with the Delta flight to Atlanta. We booked through Flight Ease from FLL to ATL for the end of our December cruise. So far it's been changed 4 times, getting later and later when we arrive. And we still have a 40 minute drive to DS's house. I finally gave up on that booking, cancelled it and went directly with Delta with a late morning flight. Hopefully it doesn't change too much. 

Enjoying your reports, thanks!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@richwmnGood luck with the Delta flight to Atlanta. We booked through Flight Ease from FLL to ATL for the end of our December cruise. So far it's been changed 4 times, getting later and later when we arrive. And we still have a 40 minute drive to DS's house. I finally gave up on that booking, cancelled it and went directly with Delta with a late morning flight. Hopefully it doesn't change too much. 

Enjoying your reports, thanks!

These flights were booked directly with Delta. I generally only use Flight Ease for international flights, and those prices are definitely better. The Delta rep this morning was very nice and kept with it even though it took a while.

On a side note, I came back to my cabin a few minutes ago to find a tray of Chocolate Covered Strawberries. The note said only 'With our sincere apologies -- Guest Services'. I guess this is for the excursion mix up.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On this cruise too - interesting music choices. On two occasions the music track played in Pinnacle Grill included the same tune used in Celebrity ads. So while enjoying my meal I was envisioning sailing off into the sunset on an Edge class ship

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Tonight's menu in the MDR

Oct19-GoldGala.pdf 194.11 kB · 0 downloads

Today's Activities

IMG_0438.thumb.JPG.443c0b14e06aac30fb7fd1cb4d8a3c15.JPG

IMG_0437.thumb.JPG.c09562ce6598724f44a0b21d38fd9488.JPG

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to sailing on the NS in December.  We did this cruise 15 years ago. On the sea day from New England, the Daily Program said,

”We were be sailing in the Atlantic along the East Coast of the US. Expect tomorrow to pass just east of North and South Dakota.”  I should have brought with me my miniature Hubble Telescope so I could see Mt Rushmore 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

It’s been a lovely quiet sea day. We had lunch in the Pinnacle Grill and will have dinner there tonight with Rich and Debbie. It will be the last dressy night for this cruise. 

We attended the Ask the Captain this afternoon with Captain O’Driscoll. He was our Captain 3 years ago, always a delight! 

I realized something today. I assumed that when they’re going to play a movie out by the pool that it would always show up in the written Daily Program.  Wrong! I was reading through today’s When and Where on the Navigator and it shows that “Where the Crawdads Sing” will be playing by the pool tonight. I wish I’d known before that the Daily Program doesn’t always show movies. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I realized something today. I assumed that when they’re going to play a movie out by the pool that it would always show up in the written Daily Program.  Wrong! I was reading through today’s When and Where on the Navigator and it shows that “Where the Crawdads Sing” will be playing by the pool tonight. I wish I’d known before that the Daily Program doesn’t always show movies. 

Thanks, I have been wondering about that! I thought movie nights by the pool were really common, but haven’t seen them in the programs. I want to make sure I have the right information for my kids before our first cruise this summer. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today's Activities

IMG_0439.thumb.JPG.7d5df94e5c31f2c8b7c3eb03c124125a.JPG

IMG_0440.thumb.JPG.21b513f8131b764d8661e621f0f78aeb.JPG

Wow.  Only a music trivia for the entire day.  When we were onboard our B2B last month there were three a day.  The charming trivia queen moved over to the Africa run and it seems her trivia passion did not spread to the other hosts onboard.

13 minutes ago, Damcruiser said:

Wow.  Only a music trivia for the entire day.  When we were onboard our B2B last month there were three a day.  The charming trivia queen moved over to the Africa run and it seems her trivia passion did not spread to the other hosts onboard.

Music trivia at 1:30, Lightning trivia at 4:30, General Knowledge trivia at 6:30

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1