Nieuw Statendam 10/8/22 Relocation to Fort Lauderdale

richwmn

My embarkation wasn't such a breeze as Carolyn's  @Cruising-along.  I don't know why HAL decided to dump two busloads of guests at the pier at the highest traffic point in the day.  Even with Verifly allowing me to skip some lines, it still took most of an hour.  I think I was supposed to sit down and wait for my group to get called, but since I didn't have a group assigned I just followed the crowd and got on the ship.  My key card works for gelato and drinks so I think I'm good.  No one has called me over the PA to report to the gangplank.   

• Like 17
  • Haha 7

Good morning from Quebec City and Nieuw Statendam!

Yesterday was, overall, a good day. It was spent traveling by train from Ottawa to Quebec City. This was different than last time because I didn't have to change trains in Montreal. The ride was pleasant, but a bit long without the break. The food on the train was good and a proper amount. Like last time, the service was very good.

The cab ride between the train station and port was quick and I had a good driver. At the port, my bag was taken quickly and at 4:30pm no line existed. After passing thru security I was able to go right up to each station. As always, I had a little hiccup, but it was resolved quickly.

Since I have had this cabin before (Solo 1014) there were no surprises. After a quick clean up I met @Cruising-alongCarolyn & Henry, and @dfish for dinner. We had a quick meet up of 'dailyites' in the Ocean Bar then, at least for me, in for the night.

Here is the MDR menu for last night

d1-menu_1-14days_-ca-ne_mdr_dinner_2022.pdf

now, off to breakfast!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone,  I am finally getting to posting here.

I arrived in Quebec City last evening  at 7pm after a long travel day from MN. I flew Air Canada which I thought was just meh.

On the ship by 8pm. My taxi ride was great. Walked right on the ship as there were no other passengers in the terminal at that time, easiest cruise boarding ever!!  There was a NCL transfer bus at the airport which looked full. I believe most of them were on my plane. Arrived at the port ahead of the bus, thank goodness. 

My cabin is great, I have a nice starboard side verandah, deck 8. Room steward so nice when I arrived that late.

Went out to explore the ship some, had one glass of wine and it made me pretty tired so I called it a night. 

Went back to my cabin and the TV wasn't working. Got that fixed this morning. 

That was my first day. The ship is beautiful! More on my second day later.

Take care all! 🙂

• Like 11

It was a nice day today.  I appreciated the HAL shuttle from the ship to the marina Bridge.  You are almost in Old Town when the shuttle drops you off.  

I think everyone on the ship has Anytime dining.  There was a long line tonight at 6:30 for dinner.  They came out and announced it would be at least a 30 minute wait.  We went to the Lido.  After we ate we went back down and checked the line and it was almost as long as it had been an hour earlier.  The Lido was pretty quiet.  

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi everyone,  I am finally getting to posting here.

I arrived in Quebec City last evening  at 7pm after a long travel day from MN. I flew Air Canada which I thought was just meh.

On the ship by 8pm. My taxi ride was great. Walked right on the ship as there were no other passengers in the terminal at that time, easiest cruise boarding ever!!  There was a NCL transfer bus at the airport which looked full. I believe most of them were on my plane. Arrived at the port ahead of the bus, thank goodness. 

My cabin is great, I have a nice starboard side verandah, deck 8. Room steward so nice when I arrived that late.

Went out to explore the ship some, had one glass of wine and it made me pretty tired so I called it a night. 

Went back to my cabin and the TV wasn't working. Got that fixed this morning. 

That was my first day. The ship is beautiful! More on my second day later.

Take care all! 🙂

Update to my error....it was a HAL transfer bus at the airport, not NCL. 

Confusion after a long day, need some wine.  Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today is October 10th, Canadian Thanksgiving and we are in Saguenay.

I had a very good evening with  a great Pinnacle Grill dinner with some good friends. The staff was fantastic and the food exceeded expectations.

Today's Activities

IMG_0420.thumb.JPG.adcb9527eaa2b4fd0a543a6104172e5a.JPG

IMG_0421.thumb.JPG.89736d4ae839ce43216e6b9084596b2e.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Day 2, in Quebec City I took a ship tour of the city. It toured the UNESCO historical sites  of the city. It was very good.  Lots of historical military history monuments, buildings and cannons. Also a stop at the Hotel Frontanek (sp). Quite lovely, have not seen it before.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful but did more exploring on this beautiful BHB. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

That Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey sounds like a winner.

Roy

Thinking that will be our menu for Thanksgiving Day on our upcoming Thanksgiving week NS cruise!  Perfect.  And thanks so much for sharing the menus and daily programs.

• Like 3

Good evening,

It has been a good day, and I thought I would take a few minutes to go over today's activities.

Early morning - breakfast in Lido was a bit later and more crowded than normal for me. I need to make sure I get there earlier. Breakfast was cooked as I like it, and service from the lido staff was as good as always.

Not much happening until lunch. Lunch was an old favorite spaghetti from the pasta station. It was done a little differently then previously, but was still very good.

Nothing else really happened until 4:30, when lightning trivia happened in Billboard. This is 30 questions with immediate answers. You have 30 seconds to answer before the co-ordinator (Jody in this case) announces the answer. I did it by my self and did ok.

Today's dinner was something a little different for me. I have had pizza on several ships and was not overly impressed with it. Based on several people reporting that the New York Pizza on the Pinnacle class ships was good I though I would try it. Well, turns out it is pretty good and the size is about right for a single person's meal.

I finished the pizza just in time to go to Billboard for the 6:30 trivia which has a theme of Canada (due to Canadian Thanksgiving today). Right as it started Sharon ( @Sharon in AZ ) joined me and we did ok, not enough to win but respectable. It was nice to spend a little time with Sharon, she has been my trivia partner several times in the past.

From trivia I went to the World Stage to see Orlando Baxter. I got there just as he was being announced and the audience was full. His act was pretty good and the audience had a pretty good laugh at most of his jokes. I left a little early because I wanted to see the 8:30 show Game Night: Officers vs Guests. It was a nice activity with 4 Officers against 4 Guests with 3 different games. The cruise staffer (Inez) worked it out so that the guests got the prize package that had been prepared for them.

A note about Inez, she was also on the entertainment staff for my Rotterdam Christmas Cruise (Dec 21 - Jan 22) and is a very good addition to the cruise staff. I was very happy to see her.

More later

• Like 18

We had a great day, we took the “Saguenay National Park on Your Own” excursion. It was a bus ride to and from the park where DH and I hiked around for a few hours. Gorgeous scenery! 

We were joined by Debbie @dfishfor dinner, we all had the turkey dinner for Canadian Thanksgiving. It was quite good, but we did notice the serving sizes were very small.
We had drinks and chatted after dinner in the Crows Nest. Called it a night by 9:30 because we’ll lose an hour tonight. M&G tomorrow!

37A39C88-7A71-46B8-8C5F-D0C2283CA78F.thumb.jpeg.5ddb5b16b865f3bc6a1c93d3031f76ff.jpeg

092F9715-A16B-4F4A-8F8E-A0C6265FE57D.thumb.jpeg.b43996ea6bdec9be51182a6822904820.jpeg

6E032AF8-5B7B-44C8-8359-0A77FE1C7DFC.thumb.jpeg.02f8f13efa9a0594a3a22609c7667c3b.jpeg

E44E2470-DB65-4207-89EE-8FDE44744EEF.thumb.jpeg.b71f7cac6f3e6ae266589b43eb58aee4.jpeg

3B277596-7E94-406A-8FC3-2DFDA1389525.thumb.jpeg.37bcf608b789d1d231abd12f5ba632cb.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Got off in Boston on the 2nd. Lawrence at the Lido Bar will take care of you. He told us to remember his name. I said  "Easy man, we were cruising on your river." Great guy. He kept our 4 year old Tatiana in great smoothie combos and me and dh in Chandon. The Lido pool space is nice day or night. Watched Back To the Future there. What a blast from the past. 

• Like 2