Diamond member now married

8 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

My daughter is Diamond and will soon be sailing with her husband who has never sailed before.  I know he qualifies for her status but is it possible to get this before sailing?  They’re most interested in the free 4 drinks.

I would just do it by phone (have the reservation number and the daughter's C&A number).  Especially if the two accounts won't have the same last name, if that's the case. 

And remind him that he has to give her two of his drinks each day since she earned the level. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, twangster said:

Given he has never sailed Royal he shouldn't have an address in the system.  🤣

True, but if the bride had an old pre-marriage address on file and the groom put down the address to their new house when enrolling for C&A, that could cause a mismatch

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

True, but if the bride had an old pre-marriage address on file and the groom put down the address to their new house when enrolling for C&A, that could cause a mismatch

He can't.  A never cruised guest has no entry in the CAS database until after they sail.  

He is a CAS nobody before he steps on board for the first time.  

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

He can't.  A never cruised guest has no entry in the CAS database until after they sail.  

You can mow sign up in advance of your cruise and are listed as pre gold. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 4everAfamily said:

If your SIL hasn’t sailed before, he will be enrolled in C & A after completing his first cruise. The boarding pass should have him listed as pre-gold. I hope the representative overlooks this and grants the match. 

This does not apply to those enrolling due to relationship status.  Relationship status is added immediately even prior to them sailing. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 4everAfamily said:

If your SIL hasn’t sailed before, he will be enrolled in C & A after completing his first cruise. The boarding pass should have him listed as pre-gold. I hope the representative overlooks this and grants the match. 

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can mow sign up in advance of your cruise and are listed as pre gold. 

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

Lots of incorrect information in this thread.   My son called in advance of our cruise.  Wife was immediately issued a Crown and Anchor number with his Diamond status.   It was in the cruise record prior to sailing and she received all the benefits of Diamond Status on the cruise including 4 free drinks per day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Lots of incorrect information in this thread.   My son called in advance of our cruise.  Wife was immediately issued a Crown and Anchor number with his Diamond status.   It was in the cruise record prior to sailing and she received all the benefits of Diamond Status on the cruise including 4 free drinks per day.

Not surecwhy you quoted me in this post.  Taken on context what I posted was correct for a new cruiser.  In a subsequent post I mentioned that existing cruisers get the shared status immediately. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

I never said a status match can't be achieved ahead of time.  

Ah hell, I give up.  Another site to avoid for a while...

Not sure how this information is incorrect since it’s from the C&A website.
“If you are a new guest, there is
no need to sign up for Crown & Anchor Society. You will be automatically enrolled after you complete your first sailing with Royal Caribbean International (applies to US Residents). Membership benefits begin after you have completed at least one Royal Caribbean International cruise.”

9 minutes ago, 4everAfamily said:

Not sure how this information is incorrect since it’s from the C&A website.
“If you are a new guest, there is
no need to sign up for Crown & Anchor Society. You will be automatically enrolled after you complete your first sailing with Royal Caribbean International (applies to US Residents). Membership benefits begin after you have completed at least one Royal Caribbean International cruise.”

OP was asking about achieving Diamond pre cruise due to relationship status.  The answer is yes.  RCI will grant immediate Diamond status to a spouse or significant other prior to cruising.  

OP - based on personal experience I can tell you YES, RCI will grant Diamond status to a soon to be spouse even if that soon to be spouse has never cruised before. Tell your daughter to call C&A and tell them what is happening. Her soon to be spouse will be given a C&A number and will be awarded Diamond status based on your daughter's status.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

I never said a status match can't be achieved ahead of time.  

Ah hell, I give up.  Another site to avoid for a while...

Twangster, sorry for quoting you.

I know you are a good poster.

OP asked a very specific question to which you gave a general answer that could be confusing to OP.

No offense intended.