UPDATED CARNIVAL COVID POLICY

Elaine5715

12 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I just got the email too.  So, this may be my sleep deprivation talking, but from the way I read it is that we don't even have to show our vaccination cards anymore?

That's the way I read it, too.  They weren't checking them anyway - at least they didn't check ours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, abbeydoo said:

Great news. 

Is there any indication when vaccination requirements may cease for entry into USA by air? I'd like to cruise with a family member who isn't vaccinated. 

It's crazy that they're still enforcing that. At least for commercial flights. Although for some reason, I thought they had dropped that. Maybe they were just talking about it. But let's be honest, we know there are people coming into the country that aren't vaxed. Oh, and maybe I was thinking of Canada. My husband and son do a big fishing trip up there, but haven't gone for 3 years now.

1 hour ago, tattoos said:

Does anyone that is fully vaccinated plan on getting tested 3 days prior to your cruise as suggested by Carnival??

What else is there to do with all the free test kits sitting in medicine cabinets ready to expire?

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

It's crazy that they're still enforcing that. At least for commercial flights. Although for some reason, I thought they had dropped that.

Proof of vax is still required to enter the US by air if not a US citizen or US immigrant (immigrant visa/green card holder):

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

Non-U.S. Citizen, Non-U.S. Immigrants

Proof of Vaccination

REQUIRED

Air Travel: All non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrants traveling to the United States by air are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Only limited exceptions apply. 

44 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Proof of vax is still required to enter the US by air if not a US citizen or US immigrant (immigrant visa/green card holder):

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

Non-U.S. Citizen, Non-U.S. Immigrants

Proof of Vaccination

REQUIRED

Air Travel: All non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrants traveling to the United States by air are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Only limited exceptions apply. 

Yes I then said I had a feeling I was thinking about Canada. 😉

24 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Yes I then said I had a feeling I was thinking about Canada. 😉

Not required for Canada either, now:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

For all travellers entering Canada by air, land or marine mode on or after October 1, 2022:

• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required
  • COVID-19 pre-entry and arrival tests are not required
  • Quarantine after you enter Canada is not required
  • Using ArriveCAN is not required
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sue Goodreds said:

Almost makes me want to cancel my March cruise.

Without the testing, how many are going to not get aboard if feeling bad, but cruise paid for?!  This may backfire big time.  As an avid & regular cruiser I damn sure hope not, but seeing a lot of post cruise covid positive cases comments... we'll see.  We are vaccinated & boostered (2) and will avoid dining room, shows, elevators... but I suspect there will be issues.  Hope not, but...

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Sue Goodreds said:

Almost makes me want to cancel my March cruise.

Without the testing, how many are going to not get aboard if feeling bad, but cruise paid for?!  This may backfire big time.  As an avid & regular cruiser I damn sure hope not, but seeing a lot of post cruise covid positive cases comments... we'll see.  We are vaccinated & boostered (2) and will avoid dining room, shows, elevators... but I suspect there will be issues.  Hope not, but...

• Haha 1