Paying for a guest outside of the Retreat to have Retreat access?

Ben100014

Hi all,

My family and I are staying in a Sky Suite on Nov 26 onboard the Apex. Recently, my brother indicated at the last minute that he wanted to join us onboard. We're going to try to get him a spot inside our suite, but our TA is telling us that doing so will be prohibitively expensive for some reason. We're going to speak with him in a few hours to get clarification, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to book my brother in an inside or balcony room, and then pay extra to get him access inside the Retreat with us. 

I thought I remembered seeing that this was explicitly not possible, but couldn't find a specific post on it. That said, does anyone have experience with a situation like this?

Thanks so much!

40 minutes ago, Ben100014 said:

Hi all,

My family and I are staying in a Sky Suite on Nov 26 onboard the Apex. Recently, my brother indicated at the last minute that he wanted to join us onboard. We're going to try to get him a spot inside our suite, but our TA is telling us that doing so will be prohibitively expensive for some reason. We're going to speak with him in a few hours to get clarification, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to book my brother in an inside or balcony room, and then pay extra to get him access inside the Retreat with us. 

I thought I remembered seeing that this was explicitly not possible, but couldn't find a specific post on it. That said, does anyone have experience with a situation like this?

Thanks so much!

I'm not sure if the applicable Inside cabins have Retreat access (ex: 9200/9202 or 9198/9196), but you might want to ask your TA if you book both a "Magic Carpet" Sky Suite on decks 6-11 along with the adjacent Inside cabin, would the occupants of the Inside cabin have Retreat access? No idea if it's possible, but it can't hurt to ask.

image.png.688ac2eb0bbc96f4fd40ea709385de8f.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

How many people do you have in your sky suite (Haven) now? There is a limit. Perhaps you could upgrade to a two bedroom two bathroom family suite. He could sleep in the tiny second bedroom or the living room sofa. Also you could change to a suite outside the main Haven courtyard that comes with Haven privileges. They are two rooms and he can sleep on the sofa. It depends how much privacy he needs and how much you like him. Otherwise he can visit in your sky suite but can’t sit in the lounge, the bar, the sundeck or restaurant. If the Haven is sold out ( and it has been especially with the move up offers) he will not be granted permission to eat with you in the dining room. And I think they were charging $30 a pop for that.

• Like 1

There was a program before covid where certain suites could pay for retreat access for ~$59 pp/pd.  It may have been limited to the upper tier suites and was a very limited number.   I know it was suspended after the restart but since Celebrity has declared covid behind us maybe they have restored it.

41 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, what is there to prevent someone coming into the Retreat Lounge or Sun Deck if the non suite guest walks in with a suite guest?

Conscience, like serving two from a single beverage package. It's called stealing. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

There was a program before covid where certain suites could pay for retreat access for ~$59 pp/pd.  It may have been limited to the upper tier suites and was a very limited number.   I know it was suspended after the restart but since Celebrity has declared covid behind us maybe they have restored it.

Thats what I recalledl.   I think it was to facilitate family travel for upper level suites.....have not heard of anyone who experienced it

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, what is there to prevent someone coming into the Retreat Lounge or Sun Deck if the non suite guest walks in with a suite guest?

They have a Retreat host up there and they definitely know the Suite Guests.   If you aren’t recognized they ask for your Sea Pass. 

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8

Almost as bad as chair hogs.

People, like me, who pay for the privilege of the Retreat find those who abuse it exactly as they are, rude and inconsiderate morons.*

*No offense to just plain morons.

Staff have access pictures of every suite guest at the Sun Deck.  Retreat Concierges are not only in the Lounge but frequently up at the Sun Deck. 

Here’s some current info:

I have upcoming sailing next month in Upper Suite. Shore Side Concierge offered a Retreat package for friends/family for a set price per day per person. You have to take the package for everyday of the cruise. Gives access to Luminae and specialty restaurants for all meals as well as access to Retreat. No Retreat embarkation, but includes disembarkation Retreat privileges.

I’ve never seen this offer before.

• Thanks 1

It sounds like they have the Retreat security under control. I have to admit when we book a suite, we very seldom use the Retreat Lounge and Sun Deck. But I still remember the time on the Edge last August (2021) as we were about to enter the Concierge Lounge and there was a young lady in her early 20s waiting for someone to swipe their card. She told us her X app (?) wouldn’t open the glass doors and she had left her key card in the cabin. Once we swiped our card and entered, she followed us in. But, of course, I’m sure she was telling the truth. No big deal. Back then, the Concierge Lounge wasn’t really used all that much due to COVID.

Guest 4-2-N-8
7 minutes ago, What A Market said:

I have upcoming sailing next month in Upper Suite. Shore Side Concierge offered a Retreat package for friends/family for a set price per day per person. You have to take the package for everyday of the cruise. Gives access to Luminae and specialty restaurants for all meals as well as access to Retreat. No Retreat embarkation, but includes disembarkation Retreat privileges.

This is not good. I Book Edge Villas in part for the exclusivity. I'd stop sailing them if they dilute the experience. 

8 minutes ago, What A Market said:

That is what wrk2cruise was referring to in post #. 10.  It was only available to very high end suites and only a very few guests were allowed per cruise. 

If Suites are not fully booked this may  be okay but all 6 of our cruises since the restart suutes have been sold out and the Lounge and Sun Deck can be quite crowded on a sunny sea day.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, What A Market said:

Hope this  is severly limited..  Retreat and Luminae areas do not have room for many extra guests!  Esp if cruise  is fully booked for Retreat.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, What A Market said:

Going to leave us hanging?

What was the price per day on the offer?

I didn't think it included specialty dining under the old $59/$69 price.   Maybe they significantly raised the price and included.   It was my understanding that this was only offered to the very top level suites.   I don't think SS or CS would be offered.

4 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Going to leave us hanging?

What was the price per day on the offer?

Hold your horses (LOL), I couldn’t find the original email from Concierge.

Price is $99.00 per day per person.

I know Retreat is sold out for our cruise and was sold out at time of Concierge’s offer.  I understand and appreciate the comments about this contributing to the congestion in the Retreat venues. 

• Like 1