Heads up.......it's possible to book shows in cruise planner

33 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Good to see you're an apologist for Royal.  However, when I'm paying them a lot more than I used to for a cruise, I would expect to at least get the same service I used to receive, not less.

Just being realistic and recognizing some things changed during covid.

Hope your next cruise is better

47 minutes ago, dmfleischmann said:

This is crap!  We sail on Symphony in 9 days and nothing is available. 

From what I have seen none of the November sailings seem to be able to pre-book.  Since I’m sailing this month I figure I’m in the same position I was before this thread (well, maybe a little envious😉).  Hopefully you will be able to book when you board as has  been customary recently.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 5:47 PM, PigsCanFly said:

Just checked our 2 upcoming Wonder cruises, Nov 13 & 20, and they do not have entertainment available.

Same here, we will be sailing with you on the 20th.  We should have two rocket launches during our sailing.  You will have a huge rocket launch on the 13th when they fire off the Artemis I unmanned to around the moon.  https://www.spacelaunchschedule.com/category/fl/

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

2 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Good to see you're an apologist for Royal.  However, when I'm paying them a lot more than I used to for a cruise, I would expect to at least get the same service I used to receive, not less.

Maybe I can get groceries and some other things same as pre covid... everything costs more,  ot just cruises. Maybe some should wait for things to be entirely  normal before they book. ..though things might never be like before.

I used to be able to book for $100 a day hurricane season,  now deals are gone.

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

From what I have seen none of the November sailings seem to be able to pre-book.  Since I’m sailing this month I figure I’m in the same position I was before this thread (well, maybe a little envious😉).  Hopefully you will be able to book when you board as has  been customary recently.

Yes...that was what I had planned on and we have an arrival time of 10:30 so I'm ok with that.  My concern was that if I hadn't read about it here, and it was available, I would have missed out.  

6 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Have you been asleep for 2 years. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

I guess you've been in hibernation.  Pretty much EVERYWHERE has had changes to the way they did things, and many times still do, because of the pandemic.  Would most everyone want things to be exactly as they were before?  Probably.  And newsflash, most things cost more right now.  Especially for things like food & fuel, which heavily impacts the cruise industry.  I'm glad a ton of the restrictions are gone and do understand that after the last 2 3/4 years, it will take a while for things to get back to normal. I've sailed 5 times this year, and things in February were far more restrictive than September, with far less shows, entertainment, more limited hours, etc.   I've also flown about 20 times and stayed in numerous hotels in the last year. Things aren't back to how they were for those things either. Heck, I still can't find things I want in the grocery store and when I do, I'm paying dearly for them.  But things keep moving in the right direction.  People stomping their feet and having a tantrum over it and complaining that it should be exactly how it was before and cost the same, aren't being realistic. It won't help them get anything more right now.  Except maybe high blood pressure.  

• Like 3

Based on reports, the option is available on the Oasis Class cruise ships beginning for sailings in December, 2022.  A notice in the cruise planner indicates the option is available for:

Allure of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Odyssey of the Seas

Ovation of the Seas

Symphony of the Seas

I don't see that option yet for our Odyssey cruise in January. . . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zoepipes said:

Based on reports, the option is available on the Oasis Class cruise ships beginning for sailings in December, 2022.  A notice in the cruise planner indicates the option is available for:

Allure of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Odyssey of the Seas

Ovation of the Seas

Symphony of the Seas

Odd that Navigator is in there since you don't usually have to book shows on that class of ship.  Back in February, yes, for the ice show due to social distancing.  But they dropped that by summer. 

2 hours ago, zoepipes said:

Allure of the Seas

Anthem of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas

Odyssey of the Seas

Ovation of the Seas

Symphony of the Seas

I am not seeing it available for a January Allure either.   Let's hope they come out soon.  

14 hours ago, rockmom said:

I guess you've been in hibernation.  Pretty much EVERYWHERE has had changes to the way they did things, and many times still do, because of the pandemic.  Would most everyone want things to be exactly as they were before?  Probably.  And newsflash, most things cost more right now.  Especially for things like food & fuel, which heavily impacts the cruise industry.  I'm glad a ton of the restrictions are gone and do understand that after the last 2 3/4 years, it will take a while for things to get back to normal. I've sailed 5 times this year, and things in February were far more restrictive than September, with far less shows, entertainment, more limited hours, etc.   I've also flown about 20 times and stayed in numerous hotels in the last year. Things aren't back to how they were for those things either. Heck, I still can't find things I want in the grocery store and when I do, I'm paying dearly for them.  But things keep moving in the right direction.  People stomping their feet and having a tantrum over it and complaining that it should be exactly how it was before and cost the same, aren't being realistic. It won't help them get anything more right now.  Except maybe high blood pressure.  

Nice rant, but not really germane to my point. Booking show reservations has no cost attached to it, whether it's done online through the cruise planner or onboard through the ship's app.  Since the introduction of Oasis of the Seas, people could pre-book their show reservations before their sailing.  Then, when cruising resumed after the pandemic, that option was suddenly gone.

I believe there are several online reports that Michael Bayley said don't expect things to go back to the way they were, with respect to booking shows. Why the change of heart now?   My point is that Royal made this IT change using Covid as an excuse.  Maybe it's just less hassle for Royal, but it's also a convenience for passengers that they've lost.  If they're bringing it back now for some sailings, which costs them absolutely nothing btw, then great news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Nice rant, but not really germane to my point. Booking show reservations has no cost attached to it, whether it's done online through the cruise planner or onboard through the ship's app.  Since the introduction of Oasis of the Seas, people could pre-book their show reservations before their sailing.  Then, when cruising resumed after the pandemic, that option was suddenly gone.

I believe there are several online reports that Michael Bayley said don't expect things to go back to the way they were, with respect to booking shows. Why the change of heart now?   My point is that Royal made this IT change using Covid as an excuse.  Maybe it's just less hassle for Royal, but it's also a convenience for passengers that they've lost.  If they're bringing it back now for some sailings, which costs them absolutely nothing btw, then great news.

I don’t believe it was taken away due to cost.  It made sense when lots of people were having to cancel cruises last minute due to covid. They would have booked shows and then wouldn’t turn up, so their spaces wouldn’t be able to be used by someone else.  Now that the number of last minute cancellations will be small, they are starting to resume normal service.

The only one ranting here is you, about a change which you admit is a positive one 🤷🏼‍♀️

We sail on the Harmony in 7 days. Just got an email from Royal reminding us it’s in 7 days away AND that I can book my shows now! But, I can’t. It doesn’t show up on line or in the app that I can book. I’ll assume that people with November cruises still can’t pre-book entertainment. 

4 minutes ago, MPH711 said:

We sail on the Harmony in 7 days. Just got an email from Royal reminding us it’s in 7 days away AND that I can book my shows now! But, I can’t. It doesn’t show up on line or in the app that I can book. I’ll assume that people with November cruises still can’t pre-book entertainment. 

Nope. I'm on Symphony in 14 days and I still can't book either.