How to figure Captain’s Club points

thebutlerdidit

I’m sailing solo in a Sky Suite for 6 nights out of San Juan. 8 points per night x 6 nights would be 48 points. As a solo, would I get 96 CC points? Plus an extra 8 points if I sign up for the GoGreen program? A total of 104 CC points?

I was just checking out my Captain’s Club history and saw a link saying Earn 2X points on Transatlantics, Mexican Riviera, and sailings out of San Juan. I clicked to see what that was all about but it was a dead link. Does anyone know if that might come into play? 

2 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m sailing solo in a Sky Suite for 6 nights out of San Juan. 8 points per night x 6 nights would be 48 points. As a solo, would I get 96 CC points? Plus an extra 8 points if I sign up for the GoGreen program? A total of 104 CC points?

I was just checking out my Captain’s Club history and saw a link saying Earn 2X points on Transatlantics, Mexican Riviera, and sailings out of San Juan. I clicked to see what that was all about but it was a dead link. Does anyone know if that might come into play? 

Extra points are sometimes offered for certain cabins booked on specific cruises in a certain date range.  Those offers are usually very time limited as you found out.

You should get double points as a solo. More times than not, the double points are not automatically added to my account, and I have to call to get them applied. Check after the cruise to make sure you got the right number.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

You should get double points as a solo. More times than not, the double points are not automatically added to my account, and I have to call to get them applied. Check after the cruise to make sure you got the right number.

I wondered about that, because when looking at my future cruises it shows that I’ll earn 48 CC points for that 6 night Sky Suite. I’m prepared to call if I see that they’ve neglected to double up after the fact. 

25 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Which ships didn't apply double points when solo?  Since the restart, I've been on the 'Nox, Millie and Reflection solo, they all gave me the double points automatically

I think it is dependent on how you booked your cruise.   If you booked using the Single supplement (paying two fares) you get double points.

If you booked under the promotion they had earlier this year for no Single Supplement you only get one set of points.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think it is dependent on how you booked your cruise.   If you booked using the Single supplement (paying two fares) you get double points.

If you booked under the promotion they had earlier this year for no Single Supplement you only get one set of points.

Ah, shucks...lol...the latter would be me...<sigh>...but I'll survive  😄

28 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Which ships didn't apply double points when solo?  Since the restart, I've been on the 'Nox, Millie and Reflection solo, they all gave me the double points automatically

Infinity in August required contacting Celebrity multiple times to get the extra points. Was not the case on Millie or Sillie.

Edited by zaxanon6

I was basing my information on a post by @Happy Cruiser 6143 on August 18 who is a very experienced single cruiser.   On a slightly different double points promotion.   People thought they could double dip.

I was surprised I booked under the double points set of cruises in a RS  for a B3B for a TA.   When I saw the points I couldn't figure out why my points had dropped so much. 

image.thumb.png.02e266dd590c06ebfb466f4fa24d7eed.png

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good to hear -- I stand corrected.

I typically have a cabin to myself and earn double points.  No single supplement and double points was a happy surprise.  Maybe it was the little gift I brought for BugNaked that sealed the deal 😉.

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

Constellation (Dec21/Jan22), Apex (Mar22)

Numerous cruises before the shutdown.

6 hours ago, calicakes said:

Where can we find the power up points from those games earlier this year?

I keep a record. 
I think it’s the only way.

BTW I’ve never seen ‘Nox’ before as an abbreviation.

Can someone tell me which ship please?😱

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lola2013 said:

I booked Edge September, 2021…solo cabin…no Single Supplement…I received double points 👍.

Wait. You were in one of the Single IVs - the cabins designed for 1 person - and got double points??

You got LUCKY. Single IVs are not supposed to give double points because they are designed for solo travelers.

22 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Wait. You were in one of the Single IVs - the cabins designed for 1 person - and got double points??

You got LUCKY. Single IVs are not supposed to give double points because they are designed for solo travelers.

I was in a Sunset Verandah.  Because of the no solo supplement that was offered, my friend and I were able to each have our own cabin.  We each got double points.   

5 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ah. Sorry - I misunderstood when you said solo cabin since E-class has actual solo cabins.

My description was a bit off also.  As a chronic overpacker, I wouldn’t be able to fit me and all my “stuff” into a solo cabin!  😉

20 hours ago, zaxanon6 said:

Infinity in August required contacting Celebrity multiple times to get the extra points. Was not the case on Millie or Sillie.

I was solo on Infinity sept 4th sailing, and did not receive double points (rcvd 35 for Concierge Class). Was booked under no single supplement, so wife and I did connecting cabins as solos. should i be calling celebrity?

I had just assume X did not do bonus points for solo like RCL did. I have never seen it under the CC benefits. Is it standard that solo's get double points or just under certain promotions? My X status is due to RCL match, but I did have a number and some points before that cruise because of power-up points (12 or 14).