Dining questions Koningsdam

LizzGo

Two questions: What are the hours for the buffet? In one port we are there until 11pm and wondering if we get back late and want to eat if the buffet will be open. 
 Second question: What is this about charging extra in MDR if you order more than 1 starter? We often like a salad and another starter. The cost doesn’t bother me but the cheesiness factor is HUGE! Say it ain’t so! 

Unlikely that the Lido will be open at 11pm.  Dinner is available until 8pm and then the Late Night Snack is at 10.30 until (I think!) 11pm.

The additional charge is in Pinnacle Grill (speciality restaurant) and not MDR. (At this point in time!).  I would then just get my salad in Lido and take it to MDR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

On Pinnacle class ships are the Pizza places open until 12 midnight?

I remember them being open late(ish).

Just to answer my own question 🙄, New York Pizza on Rotterdam (so I presume Koningsdam & NSD are similar) is open until midnight!  (living dangerously there!)

Also, @canadarocksis correct as Lido is 10.30p[m to 11.30pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crew News web pg  is a good resource, it appears the menu changes each night. 

We have only sailed HAL 2x previously, usually sail Carnival.  Room service is "included" on HAL with no fees attached?  We would tip the delivery person, but no fee other than that?  I ask this because Carnival does has some "included" room service items, but very limited selection.  Pizza delivery now has a charge attached & several other items that were at one time no charge, now have a cost attached to them.  

Edited by Banditswife

3 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

New to Holland.....WE prefer to eat as a couple. Is a table for 2 available for the MDR on Holland Cruises.?

Yes there are. There may be a short wait for peak times though.

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Crew News web pg  is a good resource, it appears the menu changes each night. 

We have only sailed HAL 2x previously, usually sail Carnival.  Room service is "included" on HAL with no fees attached?  We would tip the delivery person, but no fee other than that?  I ask this because Carnival does has some "included" room service items, but very limited selection.  Pizza delivery now has a charge attached & several other items that were at one time no charge, now have a cost attached to them.  

Some Room Service items have a charge:  Room Service Menu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

New to Holland.....WE prefer to eat as a couple. Is a table for 2 available for the MDR on Holland Cruises.?

When you book your cruise, tell HAL, or your TA, that you want a table for two as well as your choice of Early Dining (starting at 5:00 - 5:45 that varies by ship) or Fixed Dining (starting at 7:30 - 8:00 that varies by ship).  You will not know the exact starting time or table number until you see it on your stateroom card. You will have the same table and waiter each night.

1 minute ago, Banditswife said:

I love all your menu pgs, easy to read & make decisions.  So the things that have no $ amount beside them are "included?"  If I read that correctly?  Much larger selection than Carnival

That is correct.  Order cookies and milk at 2:00 AM if you wish.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I will have a cookie in your honor.  LOL  Thanks

OK.  Note that I prefer the Grand Dutch Cafe giant chocolate chip cookies that are not what you get from Room Service.

Why not a 10 oz Pinnacle Grill Filet Mignon (without appetizers) for only $15 from the Pinnacle Grill during dinner hours?  Pick up a salad from the Lido Market before your Room Service arrives and you can save big from the regular PG price.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crew News said:

OK.  Note that I prefer the Grand Dutch Cafe giant chocolate chip cookies that are not what you get from Room Service.

Why not a 10 oz Pinnacle Grill Filet Mignon (without appetizers) for only $15 from the Pinnacle Grill during dinner hours?  Pick up a salad from the Lido Market before your Room Service arrives and you can save big from the regular PG price.

We do have Tamarind & Pinnacle reservations with our HIA pkgs- 2 bookings on NS Nov 26- Dec 10.  But I will definitely get my sweet tooth satisfied with a cookie from Gr Dutch Cafe.  And if we are tired from a busy day ashore, we might just do the $15 filet from Pinnacle.  But we usually enjoy the company of others in the MDR or Lido.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

... you want a table for two as well as your choice of Early Dining (starting at 5:00 - 5:45 that varies by ship) or Fixed Dining (starting at 7:30 - 8:00 that varies by ship).

Correction on the phrasing: 
It's 'Early' dining or 'Main' (or late) dining. Both are 'fixed'. 

My Wife and I are sailing on the Koningsdam on January 7th for the 24 night Mexico/ Hawaii Cruise out of San Diego.  Does anyone have any recent experience with the wait times for Anytime Dining.  We prefer Early Seating but unfortunately are on the wait list. Thanks for any information you can provide. 

12 minutes ago, Bick53 said:

My Wife and I are sailing on the Koningsdam on January 7th for the 24 night Mexico/ Hawaii Cruise out of San Diego.  Does anyone have any recent experience with the wait times for Anytime Dining.  We prefer Early Seating but unfortunately are on the wait list. Thanks for any information you can provide. 

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s going to help too much.  Cruises can vary from one cruise to the next depending on the make up of the crowd.  That said, it’s been my experience that earlier is generally more busy than later.

As well, if you are willing to sit with others, let them know when you enter the MDP.  We did in March and never had a wait.  

You can also make reservations if you wish, even though it is Anytime Dining.

Hope that helps a bit!

L.

28 minutes ago, leerathje said:

As well, if you are willing to sit with others, let them know when you enter the MDP.  We did in March and never had a wait.  

You can also make reservations if you wish, even though it is Anytime Dining.

Hope that helps a bit!

L.

Yes but the ship was half full at that point.  The koningsdam is almost at capacity at least the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Bick53 said:

My Wife and I are sailing on the Koningsdam on January 7th for the 24 night Mexico/ Hawaii Cruise out of San Diego.  

Hi Bick! The Roll Call for the first leg of your linked B2B is here:

You are welcome to pop in and hook up with several people who are also doing your combo-cruise!