Most Expensive Carnival 7 Night Cruise You Paid

sunonfire

People are always sharing their great bargains they booked. I am curious how much people are paying or are willing to pay for the high end cabins. Since the pandemic the suites are always super expensive sometimes 2 or 3 times what a balcony is charging. Obviously the demand is there.  Just curious! 

I paid somewhere around $5k-$6k for the aft Excel suite corner balcony on the second Mardi Gras sailing last year.  It was huge, though, and had its own private hot tub and separate living room and even a dining table outdoors.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thundercrack said:

10 night Alaska Cruise on the Miracle in Vista Suite 4228 - $7000.00 total for the two of us.

We had that same cabin, same ship, but on a caribbean cruise. We paid $3600 for the week.

My first cruise in 1997 on the Carnival Sensation was (I believe) $699 pp for an Interior cabin on the Riviera Deck for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise. Since then, I've paid way less than that for a balcony for a 7-night cruise! I just paid $635 for a 5-night cruise on the Valor in a Balcony cabin and that fare included Cheers! So, I feel like cruises are way less expensive now than they were when I first started cruising! 

14 day dream to Panama will be my highest. My friend beat me and just did the same one and always buys insurance and all that. He said he paid $5900 for a balcony. ..then later he found out he had just done his 25th and he could pick that cruise for 25% obc. He just got back. He did the Oct cruise I have booked jan 2024. Waiting to hear his fun ways he spent all that obc. 

Not sure our 14 day cruises count. They always cost more especially from Galveston. I'd love the eastern but not the price. Insides start well over 2k. Watching just in case it drops lol. Does st kitts and some new ports to me.

• Like 1

Can't remember exactly the cost but 7-day Western Med balcony on Symphony of the Seas (inaugural season) was $4 or 6k (in Canadian dollars). More recently, $5,300 CAD for 10-day aft balcony on Grand Princess (booked two months before sailing).

We paid $7,341.58 for a excel aft corner suite for this coming feb. that includes all taxes, port charges, insurance, and prepaid gratuity, we are really looking forward to this cruise. this will be on the carnival Mardi Gras.

• Like 1

Back in 2013 IIRC we paid $4k for a Spa Balcony cabin for 4  on a 7-day out of Galveston.

It was the exact cabin we wanted on the ship we wanted on the date we wanted for the itinerary we wanted.

Absolutely zero compromises on that cruise.  

All others since...yeah compromises made for cost savings...so hard to say if the cheaper cruises were better values.

We're paying $5700 for a premium vista balcony room on the Sunshine for a 10 day Journey's cruise in January.    Before I retired as a teacher, we could only cruise on Christmas, Spring, or summer break.   We paid $3600 for a premium Vista 8 day cruise on the Conquest several years back because of this.   Now, however, we can go whenever we want, and we're saving a bunch of money.  

• Like 1