Aboard elation now.

seaman11

Pleased to say all went smoothly ,security and checkin, fast efficient and i was on board by 10:50am as a platinum guest. 

Buffet on lido  so far is ran really well no big lines like out of the Breeze-texas .  Staff is friendlier too. Seem like will be a great cruise.  

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Pleased to say all went smoothly ,security and checkin, fast efficient and i was on board by 10:50am as a platinum guest. 

Buffet on lido  so far is ran really well no big lines like out of texas .  Staff is friendlier too. Seem like will be a great cruise.  

Thanks and have a great cruise! Love Fantasy class ships, well, the ones that are left anyways.

• Like 3

We (me and my wife) will be on this ship in January for the 1st time ! 🙂 The only thing I wish was that there were a steakhouse and an Italian dining venue available. Still can't believe folks would rather eat sushi INSTEAD of some great Italian food OR spending $80 for the Chef's Table ? NOT that there's absolutely anything wrong with those dining choices I just never could develop a taste for Sushi (except the veggie type) and as good as the Chef's Table may be $80 per person is a little stiff in the old wallet. But that means we won't have to pack any 'business casual' clothing for the specialty dining venues. We both are so excited to see the Elation before she eventually sails into history and becomes a personal fond memory for us both.

Mac

• Like 2

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Buffet on lido  so far is ran really well no big lines like out of the Breeze-texas .  Staff is friendlier too. Seem like will be a great cruise.  

Have a fantastic cruise! Elation was my first ever cruise, love that ship!

Edited by tonit964
  • Like 1

I will be on board December 3 as Jax is close to home and with OBC from covid deals this will be my 3rd Elation cruise this year and really enjoy the smaller ship and I enjoy the Bahamas wo easy choice for a quick getaway.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

We (me and my wife) will be on this ship in January for the 1st time ! 🙂 The only thing I wish was that there were a steakhouse and an Italian dining venue available. Still can't believe folks would rather eat sushi INSTEAD of some great Italian food OR spending $80 for the Chef's Table ? NOT that there's absolutely anything wrong with those dining choices I just never could develop a taste for Sushi (except the veggie type) and as good as the Chef's Table may be $80 per person is a little stiff in the old wallet. But that means we won't have to pack any 'business casual' clothing for the specialty dining venues. We both are so excited to see the Elation before she eventually sails into history and becomes a personal fond memory for us both.

]

It doesn't have a sushi restaurant either.....it is a walk up service counter.

Edited by ray98

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

It doesn't have a sushi restaurant either.....it is a walk up service counter.

I thought that's the situation because there was a sushi walk up counter  (across from the layer cake counter beside the Ledo deck buffet) on the Miracle. Funny thing is, they never seemed to be very busy (IMO). We (there were three adults) were always sitting across from the stand in that area during either lunch or dinner seven of the 10 day cruise. Poor guy was so bored, he finally starting reading a newspaper.. Several of his shipmate would occasionally walk by and stop and make small talk. But at least the food item's there for those who wanna grab and dash sushi on the run.

Mac

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

I thought that's the situation because there was a sushi walk up counter  (across from the layer cake counter beside the Ledo deck buffet) on the Miracle. Funny thing is, they never seemed to be very busy (IMO). We (there were three adults) were always sitting across from the stand in that area during either lunch or dinner seven of the 10 day cruise. Poor guy was so bored, he finally starting reading a newspaper.. Several of his shipmate would occasionally walk by and stop and make small talk. But at least the food item's there for those who wanna grab and dash sushi on the run.

Mac

They seem to stay busy on the Elation.  We got a pre-dinner roll a couple of nights and usually ordered the sushi boat that is served in the MDR at least once per cruise.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Mac

Those sushi stations on Lido on the older ships are just wasted space. Never seen anyone ordering there ever.

30 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

Those sushi stations on Lido on the older ships are just wasted space. Never seen anyone ordering there ever.

Hmmm.....last month on the Elation there were 10 orders ahead of us.  They gave us a 30 minute wait.

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

Hmmm.....last month on the Elation there were 10 orders ahead of us.  They gave us a 30 minute wait.

Was that at dinner? During lunch hours I have never seen anybody at the sushi station. But then again we never go to the buffet for dinner.

59 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

Was that at dinner? During lunch hours I have never seen anybody at the sushi station. But then again we never go to the buffet for dinner.

Around 5pm....I remember it was our pre-dinner snack.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Around 5pm....I remember it was our pre-dinner snack.

Well I stand corrected. I know a lot of people love sushi. And then again I know a lot of people like it as an appetizer. So pre-dinner would be perfect demand time for that.

On 11/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, SmoothFlying said:

Mac

Yes I do miss the italian place. I totally forgot it didnt have one when I boarded.  I like to go at least once and if dinning room food is poor. Ill go the rest of the trip. 

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Yes I do miss the italian place. I totally forgot it didnt have one when I boarded.  I like to go at least once and if dinning room food is poor. Ill go the rest of the trip. 

How is the MDR?  Slow?  Fast?  Food coming out hot?  Thanks!!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 8:40 AM, ninjacat123 said:

How is the MDR?  Slow?  Fast?  Food coming out hot?  Thanks!!

Food in mdr was good and pretty fast . Of course i went at around 830pm mostly. Best salmon i ever had on a cruise.  Great filet i ordered the last night too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1