Laundry $40 in pre-cruise planner

BermudaBound2014

15 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Is this the normal price for a bag of laundry onboard or is this a pre-cruise discount price? 

I am only 'select' so no free bag for me. 

Where exactly did you find this offer? I'm not finding anything like that and would love to buy it.

I can see dining, excursions, flights but nothing like laundry. Please tell me where to find it.

28 minutes ago, adstz said:

Where exactly did you find this offer? I'm not finding anything like that and would love to buy it.

I can see dining, excursions, flights but nothing like laundry. Please tell me where to find it.

I've been following this because I had the same Q as the OP...For me it is under Gifts and Gear...

image.png.59abd73282d83f3824ef30d2a014d4e3.png

• Like 2

I'm seeing it as $40 for my cruise.  We are on a B2B Royal then Celebrity cruise starting next Saturday and were going to pack for 16 days.  But, I'd rather pack for fewer days and just pay the $40 for a laundry bag.  Does anyone know how early on the cruise we can do it if we pre-purchase?  1st day would be awesome, with return on 2nd day.

17 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

I'm seeing it as $40 for my cruise.  We are on a B2B Royal then Celebrity cruise starting next Saturday and were going to pack for 16 days.  But, I'd rather pack for fewer days and just pay the $40 for a laundry bag.  Does anyone know how early on the cruise we can do it if we pre-purchase?  1st day would be awesome, with return on 2nd day.

I would not count on next day return.   Normally if you turn in on Monday morning it will be back Wednesday afternoon.  Sometimes it comes back earlier by you can’t count on that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

A few years ago I was curious about the value of the laundry perk, so calculated what the laundry bag  which had just returned would have cost if we had paid by the piece.  It was just over $50.00.  So the pre-purchase of a bag for $40 is a decent value.

I just use my Elite benefit but in all honesty hardly put anything in the bag.  I'm nervous about my clothes shrinking and don't use a dryer at home. Is there a way to let them know you do not want your clothes in the dryer but have them hung to dry?  I guess that's why my dryer at home is 30+ years old. 😆 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I just use my Elite benefit but in all honesty hardly put anything in the bag.  I'm nervous about my clothes shrinking and don't use a dryer at home. Is there a way to let them know you do not want your clothes in the dryer but have them hung to dry?  I guess that's why my dryer at home is 30+ years old. 😆 

They don't really have room to hang passengers' clothes - so I would doubt they would do that. And I'd doubt they'd return them to you wet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

A few years ago I was curious about the value of the laundry perk, so calculated what the laundry bag  which had just returned would have cost if we had paid by the piece.  It was just over $50.00.  So the pre-purchase of a bag for $40 is a decent value.

I've seen this $40/bag option available for pre-purchase on our next cruise and wondered if it's a deal, as well. I've intended to "do the math" based on receipts from our last cruise, but suspect I will arrive at your same conclusion. Thanks!

cjr

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

This deal looks like the same wash and fold that Elite receive for free.  Does anyone know if it is different than that or not?

No Elite guests get 1 bag of 30 items 1x per cruise regardless of length plus 1 item dry cleaned and 1 pressed. Elite plus get 2x per cruise. Its a great deal.  I make use of the dry cleaning and wash dry fold. 

23 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

No Elite guests get 1 bag of 30 items 1x per cruise regardless of length plus 1 item dry cleaned and 1 pressed. Elite plus get 2x per cruise. Its a great deal.  I make use of the dry cleaning and wash dry fold. 

FYI:  Two items pressed

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I understand that.  What I was asking was whether the $40.00 in the planner that is described as wash, dry, and fold was the same as the free Elite bag of 30 items.  

Our next cruise is 15 days and if I can send dress slacks and dress shirts as part of that $40.00 option, that would work very well for us.

• Like 1