What Do You Put On Your Cabin Door?

DWALL

2 hours ago, pasodancer said:

The only way my DH can find our cabin is if I have something on the door......otherwise he would still be wandering around the halls looking for our cabin.  

We use flashcards before the cruise to help our grandkids learn their cabin numbers...;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, flamingos said:

Just a whiteboard magnet, so we can leave notes to our friends and each other.  I usually write a 'Welcome to Cozumel' or 'Enjoy your sea day' on there, and get some fun replies.

The fact that it helps me locate my door a little faster is a side benefit.  🙂

I've add a friendly/funny comment or two. 😇

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Cheap magnet fish.   I put one out for each day.   Also a picture of us from one of the ships, with homemade frame DH makes from scrap wood, with magnets on the back.  

Some pax like to rearrange the fish, and very rarely are they stolen (though I have walked down the hallway and retrieved them at times).

In December we hang a Christmas decoration from a magnet hook, plus a tiny stocking on magnet hook I keep stuffed with candy canes (very popular with the crew).  

Sound like I missed a great opportunity in March. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DWALL said:

We are bringing something to put our door and the doors of our group. What do you guys bring?

D0020286-CDFB-431C-BF36-C0343DCF548F.jpeg

8FCFAFA1-2F9E-4167-9D9F-56BCF1152C76.jpeg

These all have regular round magnets epoxied onto the backs that are strong enough to hold them even in an accidental door slam. 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaCSCCruiser said:

People steal personalized signs? What on earth do they do with them?  I only assume they are personalized because the big wooden sign had names on it. 

I have no idea what they do with them. I'd imagine sometimes it's kids doing it for fun. 

7 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Same as the upside down pinapple, a discrete symbol for swingers open for contact with likeminded...

I haven't heard that one. I've only heard of the upside down pineapple and the hidden duck locations are actually a code for where people intend to have late night rendezvous. 

We are going to be on Allure in March and treated ourselves to an OS. The door appears to have a wood veneer on it. Does anyone know if my magnet white board will stick or do I need to look at command strip white boards?

The only reason I asked is because a magnet on Amazon that I was looking at warned about them not sticking to the wood veneers.

1 minute ago, volleyballmom87 said:

We are going to be on Allure in March and treated ourselves to an OS. The door appears to have a wood veneer on it. Does anyone know if my magnet white board will stick or do I need to look at command strip white boards?

The only reason I asked is because a magnet on Amazon that I was looking at warned about them not sticking to the wood veneers.

Not wood...it's metal with grooves in it.

We've never put door magnets up other than the one provided by RCCL (sleeping off the adventure) but our next cruise is with our kids and we will cabins side-by-side, so I bought some fun tribal-style magnets (sun, flip flops, sea turtle, etc) on Amazon. Santa will put them in the kid's Christmas stockings. 😉

Hidden duck locations?    One of good mom friends is an experienced cruiser.  She talked about the joy her kids had in hiding a ton of the ducks they'd personalized.    That would make for a lot of disappointed adults.   Although, 'later' doesn't exactly make sense, when later?   A room makes sense, because if they have the sign and they are in the room ...   

• Haha 1