2022 Black Friday Sale vs Cyber Monday Sale

MACE

I did a mock booking last week for a 7 night cruise and looked again on Black Friday and the price increased $218.00 for their "super Black Friday sale"  I wish they would stop playing games with pricing and expecting us to not notice.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BobH5849 said:

I did a mock booking last week for a 7 night cruise and looked again on Black Friday and the price increased $218.00 for their "super Black Friday sale"  I wish they would stop playing games with pricing and expecting us to not notice.

I wish there was a Santa Clause too. 

But ...... 😥

My wife was in the car business for 25 years, here’s her famous quote “do you feel you got a good deal?”. If you do that’s all that matters. 

We are on a cruise right now where we got an OS for $3200 pp on black friday for me that’s a good deal. 

• Like 3

We had already booked a 2023 June Cruise to Alaska on Ovation when onboard a Symphony Cruise in April, and have been monitoring RCI's prices for UDP, VOOM Surf+Stream, and the KEY

The Black Friday Cruise Planner prices for above, are the lowest I've seen since monitoring.

That being said, we've never booked a Cruise only during a Black Friday Sale, supposedly their best prices of the year, for everything cruise related.

Edited by MACE

12 minutes ago, BobH5849 said:

Get used to it, this is the way they have done it for the almost twenty years we’ve been cruising. As long as the public continues to fall for it nothing will change. Similar to their wonderful IT dept.

• Haha 1

BTW for our 2023 June Ovation Cruise to Alaska, the Black Friday Prices to date for UDP @ $66.99, VOOM Surf+Stream @ $13.99, and the KEY @ $30.99, are at the Lowest I've seen since May of this year...

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Get used to it, this is the way they have done it for the almost twenty years we’ve been cruising. As long as the public continues to fall for it nothing will change. Similar to their wonderful IT dept.

Exactly what incentive do they have to offer a sale as long as they allow existing bookings to price match, or allow us to cancel items in the cruise planner and rebook at lower price.

Zero.

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Exactly what incentive do they have to offer a sale as long as they allow existing bookings to price match, or allow us to cancel items in the cruise planner and rebook at lower price.

Zero.

Hush, don’t give them any ideas.

Erika

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MACE said:

BTW for our 2023 June Ovation Cruise to Alaska, the Black Friday Prices to date for UDP @ $66.99, VOOM Surf+Stream @ $13.99, and the KEY @ $30.99, are at the Lowest I've seen since May of this year...

I'm frustrated because they are not showing VOOM at *any* price for our Feb 2023 Caribbean bookings on Harmony.  I see everything else available, but no VOOM.  What's up with that?

31 minutes ago, Grandma Petania said:

I'm frustrated because they are not showing VOOM at *any* price for our Feb 2023 Caribbean bookings on Harmony.  I see everything else available, but no VOOM.  What's up with that?

UPDATE:  I went back to my planner to see if I could figure out a work around.  At the top left of the page I spotted a down arrow.  Clicked on it, which opened a list of topics including Internet.  Clicked on that and was offered Surf & Stream for one device @ $13.99/day.  Whoopee!  My daughter and I always share one device, and that's the best price I've seen in ages.  Jumped on it!

We didnt see anything in the black friday deals that made us think. Book it. We plan and book at least 12 months in advance and have to work around leave and have to book during school holidays..so normally have a cruise booked before black fri sales. Being uk cant price match either. 

That said we did save £70 on the wifes refreshment package, but that was only deal for us.

14 hours ago, MACE said:

You have to keep an eye on CC for any decent sales.😀  Someone posted that The Key during, their Labor Day sale, was less than $20 pp/pd.  Just for the internet alone it was worth it. 

Also, another poster mentioned that if you one person selects 2+ devices under the current sale the first is priced at $13.99 and subsequent device(s) works to $10 pd.

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Zero.

SSShhhhh.😉

Just checked their Cyber Monday 'Sale", exact same Cruise Planner prices as their Black Friday 'Sale'

Once these sales are over, I'd suspect the Cruise Planner prices will jump around $5-10 per package such as UDP, VOOM Surf+Stream, the KEY, etc...

Just for giggles I looked this morning for our 4 night in February on the Navigator.  With all now available discounts on Cyber Monday was still $200.00 more than when we booked while onboard the Radiance of the Seas in Oct.  Not surprised and didn't really expect it to be lower but needed a laugh.  We book what we want when we decide to book because we know their "sales"  are most often a joke. 

The only sales I ever hope for on Black Friday or Cyber Monday are the internet and CocoCay Beach Club. If I can get the internet for a few $ less and the BC for 50% off, I feel fortunate. 

Bookings, I book early and check at least once a week for price decreases. That has saved me more than any special day sales.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

The only sales I ever hope for on Black Friday or Cyber Monday are the internet and CocoCay Beach Club. If I can get the internet for a few $ less and the BC for 50% off, I feel fortunate. 

Bookings, I book early and check at least once a week for price decreases. That has saved me more than any special day sales.

We each get two free internet days per sailing so we don't buy it.  Just like we don't buy the drink packages since we each get 5 complementary drinks a day and full use of the specialty coffee making in the lounge.  Not bragging just sharing about how we save money now since we spent all the money getting to this level.  The are wondering where their inheritance has gone.  lol

• Haha 1