Diamond Voucher Count Spotted on Receipt

cruisegus

Just off Mariner. Our drinks in SL showed up in app, but we never signed receipts (suite passenger) so it has nothing to do with nudging tips. And the $0 charges up there never counted against our 6 vouchers.

95% of our C&A drinks had receipts involved, but less than half gave us a duplicate receipt.

Laura picked up two Newcastles in pub late one night, receipt only showed one beer.

I picked up 1 the next night, bartender told me I still had 1 left. 

26 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

But has already been pointed out (multiple times), you don't know what that $0.00 charge was for or what type of "voucher" was used (D or soda pkg or refreshment).  And was it for a bottle of water (that you wanted to go against your refreshment package) or a glass of wine (a D voucher) or whatever.  In addition, charges don't always go through immediately (yes, dining room, I'm talking about you).

Yes, that is true.  But issuing thousands of paper receipts doesn't seem to be the most "green" solution.  Maybe include codes in the system to distinguish between those variables? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just off Mariner. Our drinks in SL showed up in app, but we never signed receipts (suite passenger) so it has nothing to do with nudging tips. And the $0 charges up there never counted against our 6 vouchers.

95% of our C&A drinks had receipts involved, but less than half gave us a duplicate receipt.

Laura picked up two Newcastles in pub late one night, receipt only showed one beer.

I picked up 1 the next night, bartender told me I still had 1 left. 

I am anal about charges, sorry just OCD, so I check frequently  on our account.  I've remarked before to the barkeep that it doesn't show a drink charge but it's just too much trouble to track it for them so they shrug it off. Now I'll have the app to try to get it straight.  BTW, does anybody still just push currency at them so it's easier to tip?  I think I'd like to just hand them a tip to make sure the right server gets their due.  Ez Pz

6 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

As for Diamond vouchers, if I recall correctly, you can start using them on embarkation day after the ship leaves port, correct?

You can use your SetSail pass or even cabin number before you get your Seapass card to start using your vouchers.

5 hours ago, basenji56 said:

The thing is--if you check your account on the TV, you already could see your voucher use with a zero charge for each drink.  No need for an extra piece of paper.  I think it is a nudge to tip extra.

I also shows up on the cell phone app without much delay.  

Extra tip could be.  What I read was people were complaining they didn't intend to use a voucher so the sign off was implemented.  Maybe that and the extra tip opportunity, who knows.   

6 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Yes, that is true.  But issuing thousands of paper receipts doesn't seem to be the most "green" solution.  Maybe include codes in the system to distinguish between those variables? 

That would make sense (so properly won't happen with RCI IT 😞 ).  And that has been suggested here, but I don't know if anyone has officially submitted the idea to RCI.

7 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I am anal about charges, sorry just OCD, so I check frequently  on our account.  I've remarked before to the barkeep that it doesn't show a drink charge but it's just too much trouble to track it for them so they shrug it off. Now I'll have the app to try to get it straight.  BTW, does anybody still just push currency at them so it's easier to tip?  I think I'd like to just hand them a tip to make sure the right server gets their due.  Ez Pz

We only do cash tips.  When the server sets our drinks down we give them a tip that way the person taking care of us gets the money.  We tipped every-time  in the Suite Lounge and then an extra tip at the end of the cruise.  All to the same person as he was so kind, funny and just a nice young man.  He and the wonderful Concierge made a great team.

52 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That would make sense (so properly won't happen with RCI IT 😞 ).  And that has been suggested here, but I don't know if anyone has officially submitted the idea to RCI.

I submitted an app request to distinguish C&A vouchers from specialty meals or complimentary suite lounge beverages back in March 2022. I received a canned response thanking me for my suggestion. It may take multiple requests to get this issue noticed.

I found the email address somewhere in a submenu in the Royal app. You can send your suggestions to:

appfeedback@rccl.com

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

BTW, does anybody still just push currency at them so it's easier to tip?  I think I'd like to just hand them a tip to make sure the right server gets their due.  Ez Pz

I've been tipping cash for all my D, D+, and P drinks since they started giving out the free drinks in the lounges.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 9:57 PM, pcur said:

I've been tipping cash for all my D, D+, and P drinks since they started giving out the free drinks in the lounges.

We do as well and waiters seem to really like it because when we return they make a mad dash towards us to get our drink order.

I am currently on the Liberty.  Embarkation day, before getting my room card, they had me sign a receipt.  But, after that I haven't seen one.  Of course, I'm handing the server a cash tip with my card when I order and they want to make life easier for me!  😁

• Like 1