Diamond Voucher Count Spotted on Receipt

cruisegus

Diamond Voucher Count Spotted on Receipt

At Playmakers on Oasis it actually printed out on both the copy i signed and duplicate that was provided to me.  Signing was a little hit or miss, but none of the other bars I signed at, Boleros; Schooner: Spotlight, had a count on the receipt like the one below has

PlaymakersReciept-Oasis.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Interesting... my receipts on Oasis last week didn't have anything like that, nor do my receipts on Grandeur this week.

I thought it was silly how they kept saying the signing was "so we could keep track" and there was nothing showing on the receipt to keep track!

(Note: tip lined through because I tip cash.)

IMG_20221125_185747179.thumb.jpg.45990240712102f64e5757a24c2fb92b.jpg

• Like 3

On last couple of cruises on Liberty and Allure on embarkation day the diamond vouchers we used before around 3 - 4 pm,  somehow those did not count toward to the vouchers we used.  I guessed that their accounting system has not properly setup for that new cruise week yet and it didn't get log on to the guests record.  With this receipt system it fixed up that gap. 😂

Edited by StrikeEagle

4 hours ago, basenji56 said:

My theory is that this is a nudge to tip on the free drinks.

You'd think so but on Jewel a couple of weeks ago I added $1 tip and signed the receipt and the $1 never showed up on the account.

We were on Allure a few weeks ago, and the tracking of our D drinks was a mess.  We used the Royal app to track them and found that on the first day we were double “charged” for our drink in the D lounge, and at one of the bars they had both “charged” a D coupon AND $18 for the simple drink I ordered.  The whole cruise, I was only presented with 3 paper receipts to sign.  I asked why, and staff to.d me that they were too busy to print them out for free drinks.

After that, we stayed out of the D lounge…

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

Interesting... my receipts on Oasis last week didn't have anything like that, nor do my receipts on Grandeur this week.

I thought it was silly how they kept saying the signing was "so we could keep track" and there was nothing showing on the receipt to keep track!

IMG_20221125_185747179.thumb.jpg.45990240712102f64e5757a24c2fb92b.jpg

I imagine the software change for the printer hasn't been implemented at the same time on the ships. On my Liberty cruise 2 weeks ago I only signed a slip once, and it didn't have the drink voucher count on it. Give it time to be rolled out across the fleet.

Wonder doesn’t pull slips at all.  Even more inconsistency, suite sun deck was giving free drinks all day - no vouchers.  Like 5-8 in lounge.   Finally an inconsistency in guest favor!

I’ll never understand how a company can be so ill run from a policy / consistency perspective.  Makes you wonder what the execs are doing and how much better this product could actually be. 

Edited by JoeD67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeD67 said:

Wonder doesn’t pull slips at all.  Even more inconsistency, suite sun deck was giving free drinks all day - no vouchers.  Like 5-8 in lounge.   Finally an inconsistency in guest favor!

I’ll never understand how a company can be so ill run from a policy / consistency perspective.  Makes you wonder what the execs are doing and how much better this product could actually be. 

Sorry about all your issues. Especially the soot. Plenty of cruise companies out there for you to try.

• Like 1

Ok, we find it's not always easy to use up all our 4 vouchers drinks between us [8 in all, my wife and I].  On our previous 2 cruises, if we hadn't used all our vouchers, we'd go to the Pub at the end of the day [usually around 9pm for us], and they'd provide us whatever number of beers to meet out our vouchers.  Some nights, we'd get up to 4 beers to take back to our cabin fridge [we love sitting on our balcony sipping a cool brew].  Somehow, with this new receipt procedure, I kinda think bars won't be able to do this.  ?  

So I guess my question here is how many voucher drinks might one be able to get at one time?  Also, I'm often  the gopher for my wife, getting 2 drinks to take back to our cabin, or somewhere else on the ship.  So we end up with uneven remaining vouchers at the end of the day [say, me 0 and she still have 3 , that kind of thing].    We'll see how it goes on next cruise in 4 days.   Oh, and we still appreciate this benefit Royal provides.  Recently compared loyalty benefits between the lines, and we think this drink voucher benefit really makes RCI superior in value.  

4 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

Ok, we find it's not always easy to use up all our 4 vouchers drinks between us [8 in all, my wife and I].  On our previous 2 cruises, if we hadn't used all our vouchers, we'd go to the Pub at the end of the day [usually around 9pm for us], and they'd provide us whatever number of beers to meet out our vouchers.  Some nights, we'd get up to 4 beers to take back to our cabin fridge [we love sitting on our balcony sipping a cool brew].  Somehow, with this new receipt procedure, I kinda think bars won't be able to do this.  ?  

So I guess my question here is how many voucher drinks might one be able to get at one time?  Also, I'm often  the gopher for my wife, getting 2 drinks to take back to our cabin, or somewhere else on the ship.  So we end up with uneven remaining vouchers at the end of the day [say, me 0 and she still have 3 , that kind of thing].    We'll see how it goes on next cruise in 4 days.   Oh, and we still appreciate this benefit Royal provides.  Recently compared loyalty benefits between the lines, and we think this drink voucher benefit really makes RCI superior in value.  

regarding getting drinks to go at end of night,my husband was the gopher and would take both our cards.  

On 11/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, basenji56 said:

My theory is that this is a nudge to tip on the free drinks.

Which is perfectly normal.  The drink may be free, but some passengers need to be reminded the labor is the same whether the drink is paid for or not.  Same effort.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 11:00 PM, LinRon3 said:

So I guess my question here is how many voucher drinks might one be able to get at one time?  

I've had no problem getting multiple drinks at a time with the vouchers.  (I use my unused vouchers to get cans of Coke Zero for my room fridge.)  

If they're actually doing the "sign the receipt" thing (it's been about 50/50 for me since implementation, and I've been cruising ever since the policy started), they just have to print out as many slips as you're taking drinks, so if I got three cans of soda, I had to sign three slips.

On 11/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, brillohead said:

I thought the signing was so people confirm they are using a voucher so as not to complain later they didn't mean to use it on a soda instead of a more expensive drink.   I don't know that I said that well, but hopefully you know what I mean.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've had no problem getting multiple drinks at a time with the vouchers.  (I use my unused vouchers to get cans of Coke Zero for my room fridge.)  

If they're actually doing the "sign the receipt" thing (it's been about 50/50 for me since implementation, and I've been cruising ever since the policy started), they just have to print out as many slips as you're taking drinks, so if I got three cans of soda, I had to sign three slips.

Same here except I don't remember having to sign multiple receipts.  Our fridge got so full of sodas & beer we had to let some vouchers expire unused.  Haha.   

On 11/29/2022 at 8:44 PM, BND said:

You'd think so but on Jewel a couple of weeks ago I added $1 tip and signed the receipt and the $1 never showed up on the account.

It's the thought that matters.

Edited by soremekun
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ldubs said:

I thought the signing was so people confirm they are using a voucher so as not to complain later they didn't mean to use it on a soda instead of a more expensive drink.   I don't know that I said that well, but hopefully you know what I mean.   

The thing is--if you check your account on the TV, you already could see your voucher use with a zero charge for each drink.  No need for an extra piece of paper.  I think it is a nudge to tip extra.

20 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

The thing is--if you check your account on the TV, you already could see your voucher use with a zero charge for each drink.  No need for an extra piece of paper.  I think it is a nudge to tip extra.

But has already been pointed out (multiple times), you don't know what that $0.00 charge was for or what type of "voucher" was used (D or soda pkg or refreshment).  And was it for a bottle of water (that you wanted to go against your refreshment package) or a glass of wine (a D voucher) or whatever.  In addition, charges don't always go through immediately (yes, dining room, I'm talking about you).

• Like 1