Are 2 days free wifi for Diamond+ now Surf & Stream on Oasis?

We are currently onboard Oasis of the Seas on the last leg of a B2B.  I used one of my Diamond+ days of free Voom yesterday and found it odd that it did not give me the option of choosing Surf, only Surf & Stream.  I have had this happen before, but it was usually on one device (my laptop) and when I went to buy it on my phone, I was given both options.

Yesterday, it showed 1 day was $29.99 for Surf & Stream and my available coupon was $59.98 which I ordered. I just went to buy my 2nd day and Surf & Stream is still the only option for $29.99 and the remainder of my coupon covers it.

Did they change the Internet offer for Diamond/Diamond Plus?  I honestly did not look at the letter this week as I had looked at it week one and there were no changes to anything.  I am planning to go ask the person managing the Voom desk later but thought I would check in here to see if this has happened to anyone before or is it new?

2 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I was onboard last week too and Surf was definitely available as that is what we used for our 4 days.  It would be great if it was surf & stream going forward!

It would, wouldn't it?  😁  I hope Surf is gone for good!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

It seems that they are transitioning away from Surf, since it wasn't available to most of us Black Friday.  Probably as they move to Starlink, there will be only one type of internet.

Given that some ships have been on Starlink for months and still have Surf, talk of the demise of Surf may be premature.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

I was onboard last week too and Surf was definitely available as that is what we used for our 4 days.  It would be great if it was surf & stream going forward!

We have only had the Surf and Stream as an option on the Symphony this week!  😀

• Like 1

We are Diamond ( from cruising Celebrity) members.

Where can we see what deals we get for things?

I was just about to buy the internet package while it’s on sale,

but is it better to wait until you board ?

my daughter said thing’s will be loaded on our sea pass card,

but is there a way to see in advance.

we haven’t cruised on Royal for many years

Can anyone point me where to look.

thanks

Brockmom

17 minutes ago, crazyfrazee said:

How was the speed?

I don't think I ran a test last week but it ran fine for what I was using it for.  I work remotely and was connected via a VPN on my laptop and was able to do calls without issue on surf. I am on Surf & Stream this week and just rant a test on my laptop.  This is in my cabin - an interior on deck 7.

image.png.ca9a315383123d8a04018245a3ba6d48.png

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

We are currently onboard Oasis of the Seas on the last leg of a B2B.  I used one of my Diamond+ days of free Voom yesterday and found it odd that it did not give me the option of choosing Surf, only Surf & Stream.  I have had this happen before, but it was usually on one device (my laptop) and when I went to buy it on my phone, I was given both options.

Yesterday, it showed 1 day was $29.99 for Surf & Stream and my available coupon was $59.98 which I ordered. I just went to buy my 2nd day and Surf & Stream is still the only option for $29.99 and the remainder of my coupon covers it.

Did they change the Internet offer for Diamond/Diamond Plus?  I honestly did not look at the letter this week as I had looked at it week one and there were no changes to anything.  I am planning to go ask the person managing the Voom desk later but thought I would check in here to see if this has happened to anyone before or is it new?

Agree, only surf and stream offered on my Vruises last month and only option purchase on my 4 Cruises in 2023

52 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I recommend using pre-cruise sales as even with D+ discounts internet onboard is much more expensive.

Thanks for that !

it appears ( we found it) that we would have gotten a $25 discount on total package, so 

your correct, better deal with this sale

appreciate it 😊 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

I am on Surf & Stream this week and just rant a test on my laptop. 

That looks like they are still testing - on all/most ships once Starlink install is finalized, the speed is limited to the old Stream limit of 4 Mbps down.

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

I recommend using pre-cruise sales as even with D+ discounts internet onboard is much more expensive.

This.  If you want internet for the week, the Diamond discount won't offset the difference.  You would pay more by using the Diamond day, then paying for internet onboard. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brockmom said:

Thanks for that !

it appears ( we found it) that we would have gotten a $25 discount on total package, so 

your correct, better deal with this sale

appreciate it 😊 

If you call and purchase over the phone vs via the web, they will apply your C&A member benefit, one free day for Diamond. 

There seems to be still a Black Friday special. Both for my upcoming Oasis and February Anthem sail of $13.99 for the 1st device and $11.99 for the 2nd when you purchase the plan in the cruise planner.  Also, if one purchases 2 of more devices, the price for the add'l devices averages $10.

All prices are per day/per person

Edited by nelblu

3 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

It works that way on Celebrity however I do not think Royal does that.

Interesting -- It's been a while since I have sailed in anything but a suite, where WiFi was included on either line so thank you for the update. 

We use the first two D+ internet and then use our other one to sign up for rest of cruise.  App defaults to the Surf and Stream option with $51 credit, which usually results in a small charge to our onboard account for the remaining days.  I have to intentionally change to Surf if I want to avoid that.