Miami Hotels help

mitsugirly

We are cruising out of Miami and looking for a decent cheap place to stay the night before. Free airport shuttle and/or shuttle to the port (if possible) would be nice. Added plus if restaurant on premises or something close by to walk to. 

Does anyone remember the guy that had a website with cheap hotels that everyone on here used to use?  I'm thinking it was Trinity something?

Only hotels near the MIA airport (are you flying into MIA or FLL?) will offer airport shuttles.  Those are a good option if you just want dinner and a bed, but you won't see much/anything of Miami.  Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are often suggested - Hampton Inn is a cross the street from a strip mall with dining, fast food plus grocery/liquor and drug stores for any cruise shopping you may need to do.

When do you cruise and what's your budget?  Prices vary with the season - the $300+ room in Feb can go for $100 or less in August.

Hi,

I hope I can jump in on this question.    We are due to sail from Miami early March, which I am finding out is spring break week for a number of US schools.   We are flying in 2 days before our cruise, and looking for a reasonable priced hotel before we get on the ship.    I know pre Covid that that Hampton Inn & Suites in Brickell used to be a recommended hotel for cruisers, but I'm unsure what facilities are close to this hotel for the full day we will spend before we get on the ship.      I have also seen a Holiday Inn Express in Doral near the International Mall (closer to the Airport, our flight arrives around 17.30), but again I'm not sure of the area.      Which would be the safest area to stay, and I've noticed that both hotels I've mentioned don't have shuttles from Airport or to the Cruise port, so we'd need to find a taxi, or shared shuttle (any recommendations & costs).   I have mobility issues and will be travelling with my mobility scooter, which can fit into  the trunk of a normal saloon car, so most taxi/mini vans etc will be able to accommodate this.

Any help, on this would be appreciated.

Edited by texmex.ferr

8 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi,

I hope I can jump in on this question.    We are due to sail from Miami early March, which I am finding out is spring break week for a number of US schools.   We are flying in 2 days before our cruise, and looking for a reasonable priced hotel before we get on the ship.    I know pre Covid that that Hampton Inn & Suites in Brickell used to be a recommended hotel for cruisers, but I'm unsure what facilities are close to this hotel for the full day we will spend before we get on the ship.      I have also seen a Holiday Inn Express in Doral near the International Mall (closer to the Airport, our flight arrives around 17.30), but again I'm not sure of the area.      Which would be the safest area to stay, and I've noticed that both hotels I've mentioned don't have shuttles from Airport or to the Cruise port, so we'd need to find a taxi, or shared shuttle (any recommendations & costs).   I have mobility issues and will be travelling with my mobility scooter, which can fit into  the trunk of a normal saloon car, so most taxi/mini vans etc will be able to accommodate this.

Any help, on this would be appreciated.

Unless the mall is a big attraction choose the Mary Brickell area, with lots of local dining and shopping options. Taxi from MIA should cost about $25+ on the meter, or about $20+ using Uber or Lyft.  The Hampton Inn offers a shared shuttle to the port of you can grab a taxi for about $15+.

20 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

I have also seen a Holiday Inn Express in Doral near the International Mall (closer to the Airport, our flight arrives around 17.30), but again I'm not sure of the area.     

This area is great for shopping if you don't have a car. Walking distance to restaurants, the Miami International Mall and free shuttle to Dolphin Mall.

We love Doral. 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:35 PM, Ellaleah said:

https://www.ebhotels.com/miami

this has all that u requested.  I am staying there 12/26. The reviews are excellent

This is waayyy expensive for our stay.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, JohninDC said:

Only hotels near the MIA airport (are you flying into MIA or FLL?) will offer airport shuttles.  Those are a good option if you just want dinner and a bed, but you won't see much/anything of Miami.  Hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are often suggested - Hampton Inn is a cross the street from a strip mall with dining, fast food plus grocery/liquor and drug stores for any cruise shopping you may need to do.

When do you cruise and what's your budget?  Prices vary with the season - the $300+ room in Feb can go for $100 or less in August.

Flying into MIA. Just need a cheap place to stay over night. Amenities are not important...just need a place to eat dinner. We won't be shopping or grocery or need anything like that.

We are cruising in April (Spring Break) and really not looking to spend over $200 for just a place to lay our head for the night and then leave. 

21 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi,

I know pre Covid that that Hampton Inn & Suites in Brickell used to be a recommended hotel for cruisers, but I'm unsure what facilities are close to this hotel for the full day we will spend before we get on the ship.   

YIKES...it's almost $500 for 1 night!

16 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Check out Comfort Suites on Mineola drive, close to the airport. Free shuttle from airport, free shuttle to cruise port, free breakfast. 

For dinner, order from GrubHub or any delivery service.

A little more reasonable at $248

13 hours ago, JohninDC said:

The Hampton Inn offers a shared shuttle to the port of you can grab a taxi for about $15+.

Is this the one in Brickell? It's almost $500 for April. Ouch

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Miami Airport North.  Decent price and breakfast was included.  There are a number of Restaurants within walking distance.   The Mexican place was great.  One side has views of the airport, other side views of the golf course.

The shuttle was free.  We called when we picked up our bags and he was there within 20 min.

There was a private shuttle to the port the next day for $12pp booked at the hotel.  You pick from a few different times.

Our taxi from the port to Miami Airport was $45.  There is no longer a flat rate, even though the person directing us to the taxi at the port told us 2 passengers for $25.  Uber would have been cheaper.

@mitsugirlyThe Hampton Inn in Brickell is now expensive to book, I secured a reservation back in July for 2 nights at beginning of March and the price I was given then was $567, it's now approx $850 for the same dates for 2 nights.

@JohninDCthanks for the information, re Hampton Inn shuttle and approx prices for taxis.

Miami hotels so expensive especially as I’m solo. Booked a room at Best Western (Coral Gables) near airport has free shuttle from airport and port shuttle for $10 had to upgrade the room as original one didn’t have aircon 😱 costing me $300.
I figured as I won’t need a taxi into Miami or to the port that it’s probably a good deal?

Edited by Deeliteful

On 12/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, MalleyCat said:

We like the Coral Gables area. We’re trying out Ponce De Leon in April. We’ve never stayed there, but friends recommend it. I don’t have what we booked for, but I think it was less than $175.

They do have good prices, just none available for our dates. Darn!

On 12/12/2022 at 6:22 AM, JohninDC said:

Cheapest option near MIA often suggested on this board is the La Quinta East - nothing nearby except the Embassy Suites, but you can have dinner/pizza delivered.  Good hunting!

$209 for our dates...so might be an option.

1 hour ago, Deeliteful said:

Miami hotels so expensive especially as I’m solo. Booked a room at Best Western (Coral Gables) near airport has free shuttle from airport and port shuttle for $10 had to upgrade the room as original one didn’t have aircon 😱 costing me $300.
I figured as I won’t need a taxi into Miami or to the port that it’s probably a good deal?

$215 for our dates, no too bad

Has anyone stayed at the Sleep Inn at Miami Airport? Our dates are only $145 for 2 beds in 1 room. More around the price I'm looking for. Says free hot breakfast and shuttle service. 

I also found a Clarion Inn & Suites at the airport for $158 that has free airport shuttle but no mention of free breakfast. 

Anyone stayed at either of these?

Will be getting on Explorer of the Seas on 4/23/23, flying into Miami International on 4/20/23.  Looking for a fairly cheap place to stay and see parts of the city on two full days.  Any info would be appreciated, looking to try a lot of Latin American food.

We’ve stayed at Days Inn Miami Airport North. This hotel has horrible reviews. We have stay there three times. They have several buildings on the property. If you book a room with two queen size beds, the rooms tend to be in better shape. The one time we had a room with two full size beds, it was in the same building that the check in desk is in, and the room was very rundown and dirty. The other two times, we were in other buildings and the rooms were good. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance from this hotel, as well as a free shuttle from the airport. They do offer a free shuttle to the cruise port also. For a small fee, around $10/pp you can sign up to use their shuttle to get to airport after your cruise ends. We did this once and they were reliable.

We’ve also stayed at the Candlewood Suites by the airport. Just beautiful and clean rooms with free airport shuttle to hotel. A few restaurants within walking distance although not as many as the Days Inn. No shuttle to the cruise port. 

My sister stayed at Comfort inn near the airport and had no complaints….

7 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

We’ve stayed at Days Inn Miami Airport North. This hotel has horrible reviews. We have stay there three times. They have several buildings on the property. If you book a room with two queen size beds, the rooms tend to be in better shape. 

We’ve also stayed at the Candlewood Suites by the airport. Just beautiful and clean rooms with free airport shuttle to hotel. A few restaurants within walking distance although not as many as the Days Inn. No shuttle to the cruise port. 

My sister stayed at Comfort inn near the airport and had no complaints….

I found a good price on the Days Inn Miami Airport North using priceline and Capital One shopping for $156 and only an extra $9 for the two queen size bed rooms. ($33 cheaper than using their website) Thanks!

Candlewood is $216 for my dates

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

I found a good price on the Days Inn Miami Airport North using priceline and Capital One shopping for $156 and only an extra $9 for the two queen size bed rooms. ($33 cheaper than using their website) Thanks!

We've eaten at Fritanga for Nicaraguan food which was really good if you like trying different things.  Also the Airport Cafe and Liquor store had good food.  Both within walking distance from hotel.  There is also a Subway very close by.   We've gotten pop (yep, I'm from the Midwest) and snacks from the gas station nearby too.   If you have extra time to kill, and enjoy walking, there is a nice walking park w/ path, near hotel heading towards Hialeah Goodwill.  That GW sells sunscreen if that is something you need and it's cheaper than the gas station.  There is an Italian restaurant along the way that sells ice cream too. It's called Paraiso Tropical.  My husband likes the pinacoladas there.  Just a few suggestions.  Enjoy your cruise!  

21 hours ago, bosnr said:

Has anybody stayed at the EB Hotel at the airport? 

I have. About 15 times. And I love it.

Breakfast is not included, but you can still pay and eat at their in-house restaurant Miranda.

Great rooms, phenomenal bathrooms and the entire building smells so good.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:05 AM, mitsugirly said:

You might want to check Days Inn Trip Advisor reviews are really bad.    I was checking to see if that would be an option for us in February and decided it is not.    

• Like 1

Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami Airport West.

clean, great reviews, about a dozen restaurants within a 10 min walk, free airport shuttle, $12 shuttle to POM, suite with kitchen and living room separate from bedroom, free breakfast, and cheaper than most lol.

It is an airport hotel so don't expect a lavish resort in a perfect setting but it's a good option for a basic pre cruise stay when you want convenience at a low cost.