Easy Air messed up my TSA Precheck

smithmlmx

My wife and I have had Nexus cards for many years and have always had TSA precheck. Unfortunately I booked a flight  through  Princess leaving tomorrow (Delta) from DTW to FLL. Printed our boarding passes this evening - No TSA Precheck. Called Delta. They finally found the issue: Princess had booked my flight as Mr John Doe as opposed to John Doe so even though everything else was correct my name as listed by Princess ie. Mr John Doe did not match my passport name (John Doe) and Nexus card.

It appears that if I call Princess (which I did) they can remove the Mr and Mrs so everything matches and then I can go back to Delta who can reissue the boarding pass. Sound simple until the Princess agent tells me they can't access the system but I can. This is what I get "We apologize, but Air is currently unavailable. Please try again later.' When??

Make sure that if you book Easy Air that Mr and Mrs is removed on the airline booking.

• Thanks 1

Once the first flight goes into airport control, a counter or gate agent should be able to fix the record and reissue the boarding pass.  This may be too late for your taste for departure but should fix the return, at least. 

• Like 2

That’s very odd.  My EZAIR always shows as Ms and my DH as Mr but the Mr or MS isnt on our passports.  The only time I have had the precheck missing is when the TTnumber didn’t get added to the EZair booking. In that instance I went back on to the Delta website, entered the TSA  TT# and reprinted the boarding passes which then had TSA pre. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP - have you considered the possibility that you didn't receive TSA pre-check not because of the possibly bogus reason Delta gave but that you unfortunately "lost" the TSA sweepstakes lottery: 

If I am TSA PreCheck® eligible, am I guaranteed expedited screening?

No, TSA uses unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening.

source:  https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/if-i-am-tsa-precheckr-eligible-am-i-guaranteed-expedited

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Once the first flight goes into airport control, a counter or gate agent should be able to fix the record and reissue the boarding pass.  This may be too late for your taste for departure but should fix the return, at least. 

This.  +100

Since I'm old, I prefer paper boarding passes so always get them at the airport when I check my bags.  Several times the TSA Pre-check hasn't been on the boarding pass and the check-in agent has always been able to correct this,

• Like 3

20 hours ago, smithmlmx said:

My wife and I have had Nexus cards for many years and have always had TSA precheck. Unfortunately I booked a flight  through  Princess leaving tomorrow (Delta) from DTW to FLL. Printed our boarding passes this evening - No TSA Precheck. Called Delta. They finally found the issue: Princess had booked my flight as Mr John Doe as opposed to John Doe so even though everything else was correct my name as listed by Princess ie. Mr John Doe did not match my passport name (John Doe) and Nexus card.

It appears that if I call Princess (which I did) they can remove the Mr and Mrs so everything matches and then I can go back to Delta who can reissue the boarding pass. Sound simple until the Princess agent tells me they can't access the system but I can. This is what I get "We apologize, but Air is currently unavailable. Please try again later.' When??

Make sure that if you book Easy Air that Mr and Mrs is removed on the airline booking.

No matter where you book your flights, EZAir or TA or with the airline, you should go to the airline website and add your known traveler numbers.

You could go on the Delta website now and enter your numbers and check in with the agent, have them reprint your BP.

When you called Delta, they should have entered the numbers for you. Check your flight information, as it may be on there already.

You can be rejected at any time, also by the TSA for precheck.  At any time.  

• Like 4

Is your TSA number is entered correctly your name populates.  Your reasoning is interesting, but a simple stop with a customer service agent could have fixed your problem.

I agree with PacnGoNow that even if you are TSA approved you are not guaranteed expedited security treatment. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, smithmlmx said:

Who physically booked your EZ-Air flights?  You, using Cruise Personalizer, or a Princess rep?  Why not do it yourself, so you can easily shop around and check flight options, etc?

I suspect, as suggested in a couple of posts above, that you did not enter your NEXUS member info in Cruise Personalizer, or directly on Delta.com.  The Mr part doesn't fly with me as the real reason. 

It is best to book your own flights and monitor them with the airline for any changes or cancellations.  I also keep checking back in EZ-Air (via Cruise Personalizer) for any price drops or better deals.  Domestic isn't going to make a lot of difference, but international flights can change by hundreds of dollars.

ETA:  Did you call your flights up on Delta.com and enter FF numbers as well?

Edited by Steelers36

I don’t think it was user error.   There’s definitely a Thing where I’ve had MRVIBE GUY not work despite my KTN and DOB being in the reservation.  

I’m a lot more willing to believe Princess has a data cleanliness problem given the issues people have had getting passport data to match in Personalizer, let alone OM.  Any pierside agent that didn’t like how a field looked could edit the master identity record for a customer, which has lead to leading spaces, Os for 0s, etc.  

Even when using EZAIR (or other similar cruise line air) it is incumbent on the cruiser to later go into the booking on the airline's web site (accessed with your name, and airline locator code, and check that all the info is properly entered,  We have often found that our KTN has not been properly entered in which case it is generally easy to make the correction.

Hank

• Like 1

I have Global Entry with TSA Pre-check.  Why do I bother?  I have bilateral knee replacements and am always pulled out of the line.  

But the pre-check line is usually shorter.  

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/if-i-am-tsa-precheckr-eligible-am-i-guaranteed-expedited

There is a spot in EZ Air AND on the airlines’ website to check and/or add your known travelers number.  

I don’t leave anything up to Princess. I follow up and double check everything to make sure all the “i” are dotted and “t” are crossed.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 4

If the KTN name record doesn’t precisely match the PNR one, you won’t get the coding on the boarding pass, though.  The passenger here couldn’t fix that on their own *and they couldn’t  know it blocked Pre until 23:59 prior to the flight*. 

For the last several years we have used EZair exclusively.  Once the airline is notified and the trip is booked we go onto the airline's website and enter all our information such as email, cell phone numbers and TSA ID information.  We also pick our seat assignments at that time.  We check bags of course and when we go up to the counter the airline issues us a new boarding pass.  Never thought that EZair would submit our TSA clearance or pick our seats.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

For the last several years we have used EZair exclusively.  Once the airline is notified and the trip is booked we go onto the airline's website and enter all our information such as email, cell phone numbers and TSA ID information.  We also pick our seat assignments at that time.  We check bags of course and when we go up to the counter the airline issues us a new boarding pass.  Never thought that EZair would submit our TSA clearance or pick our seats.  

I've only used EZair once before.  I was too cheap to pre-pay for seats of Air Canada so waited until check-in to choose my seats.  

But you are correct.  I am using EZair for my next cruise.  Made sure that Princess "paid" the airlines and I received a ticket number before I filled in all of the important stuff.  Even had to "open" an account for my sister since I booked two different reservations (long and complicated story).  

I could be a travel agent with all of my "experiences", but gladly defer to my current TA.  I give her kudos for keeping track of more than one client.  I'm just not wired to do that.  Sometimes, I take on the challenge to do it all myself (to save her the aggravation since she doesn't earn a commission for air fare.  Ha Ha....takes me hours!  (pat on the back)

I had the same thing happen with our Delta flight last month.  My husband's boarding pass had precheck and mine didn't.  After triple checking that my KTA was entered and correct, I finally called the airline and was told that it was because of the "Ms" the cruise line put before my name.  I had to uncheck-in, the rep changed something, I checked back in and it was fixed.  I don't know if this is a Delta issue only but I haven't had it happen on other airlines.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, satxdiver said:

There is a place on EZ Air where I put my Global Entry info in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 9:16 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I have Global Entry with TSA Pre-check.  Why do I bother?  I have bilateral knee replacements and am always pulled out of the line.  

But the pre-check line is usually shorter.  

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/if-i-am-tsa-precheckr-eligible-am-i-guaranteed-expedited

There is a spot in EZ Air AND on the airlines’ website to check and/or add your known travelers number.  

I don’t leave anything up to Princess. I follow up and double check everything to make sure all the “i” are dotted and “t” are crossed.

Well so much for having the number entered.  Recently checked in with x airline.  Thought I had pre-check.  Get up to officer.  No ma’am….move over to the other line.  Take off shoes, blah, blah, blah…I even checked.  Moral of story, don’t walk away from ticket counter without first checking your boarding pass for those magic TSA precheck printed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Well so much for having the number entered.  Recently checked in with x airline.  Thought I had pre-check.  Get up to officer.  No ma’am….move over to the other line.  Take off shoes, blah, blah, blah…I even checked.  Moral of story, don’t walk away from ticket counter without first checking your boarding pass for those magic TSA precheck printed. 

+10000

• Like 1