Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

41 minutes ago, dides said:

You raise an interesting point. While it certainly looks like the main part of Park19 is midship it does look like there is a possibility of the running track and roll glider may come around the aft end and overlook the Sanctuary. So you could have noise and people overlooking you as you dose on your lounger. Unless they have awnings added etc.

@Wishing on a star  I found a mockup which has shown there will be some kind of awning or roof covering most of the Sanctuary:

image.png.d19ac44ce3b0aff41541f3aec56ac231.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, dides said:

You raise an interesting point. While it certainly looks like the main part of Park19 is midship it does look like there is a possibility of the running track and roll glider may come around the aft end and overlook the Sanctuary. So you could have noise and people overlooking you as you dose on your lounger. Unless they have awnings added etc.

parksanc.thumb.jpg.29d92a9890803acb886a1cbc12aa7472.jpg

This certainly looks like at least part of the running track will be over the Sanctuary.

I'm not sure how "serene" it will be to have pounding feet overhead.

Reports from the first cruisers will be eagerly awaited.

We were thinking of booking a suite on the Sun but the Signature part of the Sanctuary doesn't look large enough to accommodate all of the suites. Part of what we like about reserving a lounger in the Sanctuary is not having to get up early to find a quiet chair in the shade every day and I'm afraid being in the suite area we will lose that assigned lounger we get in the regular Sanctuary.

EDIT: Looking at he mockup above. NONE of the Reserve part of the Sanctuary will be in shade!!!

Goodbye suite!

Edited by chamima

I was just thinking the same thing about the Suite area of the Sanctuary.  It’s the same thing about the Retreat on the non Edge class ships on Celebrity.  Still doesn’t deter me from booking a suite on either line. Looking forward to the separate dinning room!  Let’s see if Princess gets it right. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We had to cancel Europe, and will be on the first U.S. sailing.  With (hopefully) no numbers of Back-to-Back cruisers on this one, I am crossing my fingers that we will get the Sanctuary bookings that we want.

Will you be on the 10/14 or 10/19 cruise?

Marty

Hi everyone! Just finished reading this entire thread. We’re booked for the 12/21/24 sailing to celebrate my 50th birthday. Very excited to be on this new ship and level up to elite upon completion. We booked one of the S9 signature suites and paid a couple thousand more than a mini in hopes that those new suite perks will be worth it. We’re sailing with our two very mature and well-mannered teens and hoping they’ll be able to join us in the suite area of the sanctuary. Anyone else spending Christmas on the Sun next year?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thecruisingfarmer said:

Hi everyone! Just finished reading this entire thread. We’re booked for the 12/21/24 sailing to celebrate my 50th birthday. Very excited to be on this new ship and level up to elite upon completion. We booked one of the S9 signature suites and paid a couple thousand more than a mini in hopes that those new suite perks will be worth it. We’re sailing with our two very mature and well-mannered teens and hoping they’ll be able to join us in the suite area of the sanctuary. Anyone else spending Christmas on the Sun next year?

Keep in mind, based on other cruise lines if you are not booked in a suite you do not receive the suite privileges. I have sailed in the NCL Haven suite area and can attest that even if you have children/relatives booked in non-Haven cabins they will NOT be able to share in your Haven/suite perks. Blest to check with Princess directly on this. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

10 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Keep in mind, based on other cruise lines if you are not booked in a suite you do not receive the suite privileges. I have sailed in the NCL Haven suite area and can attest that even if you have children/relatives booked in non-Haven cabins they will NOT be able to share in your Haven/suite perks. Blest to check with Princess directly on this. 

Thanks for that heads-up, but they are booked in the suite with us. 

30 minutes ago, thecruisingfarmer said:

Thanks for that heads-up, but they are booked in the suite with us. 

Ahh your post made it seem as if they weren’t. Sorry. Your question has been a loooong debate on the NCL Haven threads. Often, children take over the Haven pools and hot tubs making it difficult for adults to enjoy them as well. NCL decided to make the sun deck area 16+ to help remedy the situation. I do not know what Princess has  in mind for their suite area. Great question! 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ahh your post made it seem as if they weren’t. Sorry. Your question has been a loooong debate on the NCL Haven threads. Often, children take over the Haven pools and hot tubs making it difficult for adults to enjoy them as well. NCL decided to make the sun deck area 16+ to help remedy the situation. I do not know what Princess has  in mind for their suite area. Great question! 

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how those suite areas turn out. We’re in a smaller stateroom than usual with the expectation/hope that we can use the suite deck and lounge as an extension of our living quarters. We’re a bunch of introverts who enjoy peace and quiet. Can’t wait to follow along on the live threads of those first sailings!

• Like 1

I will only go on 19 Oct 2024, hope this thread stays alive til then.

And I really hope someone will set up a list for simple minds like me to explain what my cabin category is allowed to do where in which part of the ship. For now, that sounds far more complicated than on Celebrity. But that might only be because I have never been on Princess before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

I will only go on 19 Oct 2024, hope this thread stays alive til then.

And I really hope someone will set up a list for simple minds like me to explain what my cabin category is allowed to do where in which part of the ship. For now, that sounds far more complicated than on Celebrity. But that might only be because I have never been on Princess before.

It will. This thread will only get more active during and after the first guest cruises. I’m cruising the Sun a year after you, so no worries it will continue on. It will be hard to keep up.

15 minutes ago, jjack413 said:

It will. This thread will only get more active during and after the first guest cruises. I’m cruising the Sun a year after you, so no worries it will continue on. It will be hard to keep up.

While I know we are all looking forward to the "live" threads and reviews from inaugural cruisers, I hope @Host CJSKIDS starts another thread for specific questions and comments on the ship and the cruising experience since this thread will be well over 1,000 posts by that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, antsp said:

The aft pool on the top deck, is that part of the sanctuary, or a normal pool

The one on deck 18 is a meant to be a shared pool for Sanctuary and the Suite guests who will have access to the Signature Sun deck.  Not sure how it will all work - i.e  who gets to use the loungers around the pool,  and is it adults only or will the kids from the Suites all get to use it?

signature-sun-deck.thumb.jpg.e5080d05df70ad9e20ef61bb481bc47a.jpg

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dides said:

The one on deck 18 is a meant to be a shared pool for Sanctuary and the Suite guests who will have access to the Signature Sun deck.  Not sure how it will all work - i.e  who gets to use the loungers around the pool,  and is it adults only or will the kids from the Suites all get to use it?

Yes, after my post I checked out the deck plans, the pool on deck 8 is an interesting one, right next to the Dining room 

14 minutes ago, antsp said:

Yes, after my post I checked out the deck plans, the pool on deck 8 is an interesting one, right next to the Dining room 

The view is a certainly a strange one for anyone eating on deck 8 based on the mockup below - this is the top of the 3 floors for Horizons Dining Room

image.thumb.png.6db001a519563cd90f06823ffe7a3691.png

I believe the lower decks of  Horizons (7 and 6) should have those floor to ceiling windows below:

image.png.5dc767ae9b120dc26f1054e8ba6ae20c.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, dides said:

Ah, class system comes to Princess.  I hate there is no adults only retreat area on these newest ships.  

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Ah, class system comes to Princess…

They had to. All the other lines are doing it. One of the reasons why we look at Celebrity before Princess. Still concerned if Princess can bring the level of service that should come with it. Will the Signature dinning room be a level above the main dinning room. 

• Like 3

Just off of celebrity equinox after being on Sky and Regal. Way too many cutbacks and nickle/diming. Last time on celebrity for us   Level of service was nothing like we had on Equinox 2019. We are Elite and saw few perks. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

They had to. All the other lines are doing it. One of the reasons why we look at Celebrity before Princess. Still concerned if Princess can bring the level of service that should come with it. Will the Signature dinning room be a level above the main dinning room. 

I think Signature dining will be leaps and bounds above main dining (food entrees & service). From what I'm told by team members on our last cruise.  Top performers in food & beverage service and house keeping are being asked to join the Sun Princess. Which is a good thing, as it will allow a chance for advancement from the bottom up within the fleet.

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 7

On 11/25/2023 at 9:04 PM, thecruisingfarmer said:

Hi,

we also booked the S9 suite and the article: Cruisebyamber

has been very helpful.

It was written in May ‘23.

it says the Signature Sun Deck is adult only. ( at this time)

cannot post a link- google it - Sun Princess Signature Suites- cruisebyamber

42 minutes ago, dog said:

Hi,

we also booked the S9 suite and the article: Cruisebyamber

has been very helpful.

It was written in May ‘23.

it says the Signature Sun Deck is adult only. ( at this time)

cannot post a link- google it - Sun Princess Signature Suites- cruisebyamber

Thanks for sharing - I found it. The more I think about it, I think we'd rather have this area adults only since we can't control other peoples kids and the Sun is likely to be more families than a typical PCL ship. Our teens will have plenty to do on the Sun anyway. 

• Like 1