Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Has anyone on the first few sailings booked the Crown Grill on the Sun?  How much is it?

It was $39 each when we booked for the Feb 8 inaugural

• Thanks 1

We are booked on the march 29 sailing from Rome to Rome. We cannot book Dining reservations yet, but we can see what we can book and at what price:

Crown Grill, The catch by Rudi, Kai Sushi: $39.

The Butchers block by Dario, Umai Teppanyaki/Hot Pot: $49.

Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria: $35.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

It seems that Dining reservations have only opened up for the first sailings.

With the new Three Tier system, and the new venues onboard, I think that maybe getting the dining reservations system sorted out has been a work in progress???

Three tier system?

55 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

Three tier system?

Deck 6 traditional dining with two seatings.

Deck 7 more like Anytime Dining with reservations allowed.

Deck 8 no reservations, walk-ins only.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mrell345 said:

We have booked Sun for November, I have been unable to make dining reservations onboard in the app.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes I have,  I talked with our CVP and she said they will be opening up reservations until after the Sun begins sailing.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrell345 said:

Three tier system?

One floor will be more like traditional dining, at a slower pace. One floor will be more casual and dining at a faster pace. Then there is one in the middle (physically and concept wise).

Sorry about that... see post #1728- much better explanation.

Edited by nini
added words
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Meldrum said:

We are booked on the march 29 sailing from Rome to Rome. We cannot book Dining reservations yet, but we can see what we can book and at what price:

Crown Grill, The catch by Rudi, Kai Sushi: $39.

The Butchers block by Dario, Umai Teppanyaki/Hot Pot: $49.

Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria: $35.

Are they listing Kai Sushi as a specialty?  This article has listed it as one of the casual restaurants that would be part of the Plus 2

https://thetravelista.net/travel/cruise/sun-princess-dining/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Are they listing Kai Sushi as a specialty?  This article has listed it as one of the casual restaurants that would be part of the Plus 2

https://thetravelista.net/travel/cruise/sun-princess-dining/

Yes, it is listed as 'Speciality Dining' in the Princess app with a cover charge of $39.00 per person.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 6:08 AM, h20skibum said:

I guess I don’t understand the thinking about not having several shows and venues ready to go and be showcased on the first cruise.

It has happened on other cruise lines as well.  The Wonder OTS by Royal as well as the Norwegian Prima both had inaugural entertainment delays and with the Prima it included shows that were initially promoted and never came to fruition.

• Like 1

Looks like the 18 Feb will sail....

Video from crew Gede Darsana

saying : Yes, you no, the boat as just been finished...

And they are doing a drill for our safety 🤥

Screenshot_20240205_095055_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am an enrichment speaker for Princess, recently assigned to Sun for the 18 February sailing. They are flying me to Rome next week... so there are a LOT of "someones" at Corporate HQ that are at least somewhat certain that the sun will sail on the 18.

sun1 title new.jpg

sun3gp.jpg

sun3nww aurora on ice.jpg

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

I am an enrichment speaker for Princess, recently assigned to Sun for the 18 February sailing. They are flying me to Rome next week... so there are a LOT of "someones" at Corporate HQ that are at least somewhat certain that the sun will sail on the 18.

sun1 title new.jpg

sun3gp.jpg

Thank you for sharing. You know you’ve been tasked to share the first images of the ship and meeting spaces. 😬

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, teecee60 said:

sun1 title new.jpg

sun3gp.jpg

I take that as a good sign. What are your talks on?

2 minutes ago, SouKnoMe said:

Thank you for sharing. You know you’ve been tasked to share the first images of the ship and meeting spaces. 😬

No, I just wanted to share some info from my enrichment programs... about the OTHER sun!

1 minute ago, cristine said:

I take that as a good sign. What are your talks on?

The sun, of course!  The OTHER one... along with astronomy and space exploration. 😉

• Like 8

6 hours ago, dides said:

It has been reported that Fincantieri and Princess now hope to deliver Sun Princess on February 9, in time for the new inaugural on February 18.

dides, sorry you and the others will not have the opportunity to sail on the Sun Princess original inaugural voyage. THANK YOU for continuing to update us on what is happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That’s awful that they couldn’t sail one day sooner. I wonder why??? 

Keep in mind being delivered and being ready to sail with passengers are or can be very different. While i don't think it accomplishes it, I wonder if the 9th delivery date, if it comes to fruition, was intended to avoid your very question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2