Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

I am excited to see good video/walkthru of the Sanctuary.

It sounds as if the rate went up to $99. for sea days.  

Probably only available for full day when at sea.

I can easily see Princess putting that into place.  Currently is $80. for sea days or port days.

Of course, Princess is going to take advantage of offering the premium most in-demand for a little more uncharge.

My question is...  What about cabanas in the Sanctuary?

How many?  How much per day.

Princes has really be missing the mark on their Sanctuary, ever since REGAL.

Smaller...  No shade... just a 'deck' packed with loungers.  

REALLY!!!!!    

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

Not sure I'm understanding the concern about privacy on the extended balconies. They have the same dividers as others, so can have the 'private' part near the room like any other balcony, or use the extended more public part of desired.

We are booked in one of those cabins for our April 8 sailing. I was worried at first, but I think it's going to be just fine. I said the exact same thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am excited to see good video/walkthru of the Sanctuary.

It sounds as if the rate went up to $99. for sea days.  

Probably only available for full day when at sea.

I can easily see Princess putting that into place.  Currently is $80. for sea days or port days.

Of course, Princess is going to take advantage of offering the premium most in-demand for a little more upcharge.

My question is...  What about cabanas in the Sanctuary?

How many?  How much per day.

$80 a couple.  I don't believe the poster was clear whether $99 covers 1 person/1 chair or a couple.  But, here goes PCL again monkeying over $1.  It's a hundred bucks.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

$80 a couple.  I don't believe the poster was clear whether $99 covers 1 person/1 chair or a couple.  But, here goes PCL again monkeying over $1.  It's a hundred bucks.

If its for 2 then it makes sense.... if its single lounger it gets into the realm of insanity..

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

Not sure I'm understanding the concern about privacy on the extended balconies.

Honestly, if privacy while stepping outside of one's cabin in to an open area is a major concern, one might want to consider if sailing on a ship with 4,500 other people is the best vacation choice.  When I step onto such a ship, I am voluntarily surrendering a certain amount of privacy.  Full disclosure...I ALWAYS booked a Dolphin Deck Mini-Suite on the Grand/Gem Class ships, so you know where I am coming from! 

• Like 6

I feel Princess is moving into the nickel and diming era. It was one of the reasons why we chose to sail with them. 

I’ve noticed the speciality dining has gone up for the Sun also. 

3 minutes ago, tmt218 said:

I feel Princess is moving into the nickel and diming era. It was one of the reasons why we chose to sail with them. 

The classic example of competing goals.  We, as customers, selected Princess because it was different.  Princess, as a for-profit business, moves toward other lines because it sees that it is leaving money on the table.  If most other cruise lines charge $65 for their steakhouse and Princess charges $29, someone in Santa Clarita is going to take notice and move toward that higher number.  Our joy in getting charged less is their sorrow in suppressing profits.  Can't be helped.  

• Like 2

The quasi outdoor area in the Cabana category look really cheap.  It's like Princess wanted to copy Celebrity's Infinity Verandah's, but fell short.  Floors looks unfinished.  The wood panels look really cheap and don't belong; the panels look rustic, which contrasts with the modern design of the cabin.

Also, not sure why the sofas in the cabins look puckered on a brand new ship.

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 4

Just now, JimmyVWine said:

The classic example of competing goals.  We, as customers, selected Princess because it was different.  Princess, as a for-profit business, moves toward other lines because it sees that it is leaving money on the table.  If most other cruise lines charge $65 for their steakhouse and Princess charges $29, someone in Santa Clarita is going to take notice and move toward that higher number.  Our joy in getting charged less is their sorrow in suppressing profits.  Can't be helped.  

Yes I get that. They  are trying to compete to bring on more of a family atmosphere. 

It’s still better than what we pay for a steakhouse dinner here at home. 

9 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The quasi outdoor area in the Cabana category look really cheap.  It's like Princess wanted to copy Celebrity's Infinity Verandah's, but fell short.  Floors looks unfinished.  The wood panels look really cheap and don't belong; the panels look rustic, which contrasts with the modern design of the cabin.

Also, not sure why the sofas in the cabins look puckered on a brand new ship.

Putting the TV out there is a nice touch, but when I booked my Cabana, I based my decision off of what I saw on other ships and was expecting this...

Arvia - Reviews, Deckplans & Cruise Schedule - P&O Cruises Worldwide

Arvia Conservatory Mini Suites - All you need to know - Cruise with Amber

Wow! Did I get fooled.  

• Like 4

Fascinating video, thanks for sharing here or I might have missed it! 

Can't help but notice the deck plans show World Fresh Marketplace, yet this video refers to it as "The Eatery". Seems a little vague, but then again how else do you name a buffet I guess!

Crooners looks amazing! And I cant wait to see or hear more about Spellbound. This video only shows tight shots of a few drinks, I think they're keeping the ambiance and venue as close to chest as they can for the mystique. Curious if its running for the inaugural, and if guests can take photos/videos during their evening events.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Has anyone posted on how the reservations for Spellbound will work?  Pre-book on the app?  On the ship only? If not, if someone who is on the ship now could give details on the process, that would be great.

Spellbound was never going to be ready for the first inaugural cruises.

According to this press release it might be ready by the fourth cruise onwards  

• Thanks 1