Dinner dress on Beyond?

rcplanefan

Hello all - we will be on Beyond for the NYE sailing leaving next week. We have never been on a Celebrity ship before, and frankly their website sucks. I'm trying to locate any information on dress code for dinner. I believe I read slacks for men and no shorts. I want to confirm before my 16 year old son gets angry at me when we show up for dinner the first night and everyone is wearing shorts except him. For the record, I prefer a more formal dinner dress.

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, rcplanefan said:

Hello all - we will be on Beyond for the NYE sailing leaving next week. We have never been on a Celebrity ship before, and frankly their website sucks. I'm trying to locate any information on dress code for dinner. I believe I read slacks for men and no shorts. I want to confirm before my 16 year old son gets angry at me when we show up for dinner the first night and everyone is wearing shorts except him. For the record, I prefer a more formal dinner dress.

The dress suggestion is on the website. But it is fair to ask if what is on the website is reality. Slacks and no shorts is the safest way to dress every night.  They do cut some slack the first night. There are no formal evenings, there is evening chic. On evening chic evenings both dressy casual and more formal wear fit in. 

Jeans are perfectly OK in the Celebrity MDR.  Shorts are allowed during the day but are not allowed in the evening.  I've seen this enforced with adults.  I don't know if they would cut some slack for a teen.  

For you question, I think it is easier to look at what is prohibited.  In the case of Celebrity, it is the following: 

"T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours."

BTW, the way I read this, hats or caps other than baseball caps apparently would be OK.  That means my Dad hats would be allowed!  😄

I did see a ten year old with his dad in elevator saying they were going back to there cabin since his son wasn’t allowed in dinning room in shorts . This was in blu not mdr and was just two weeks ago. Did not see any shorts at night in suite restaurant also,

Pants are required in the evening, except in the buffet.  I get it, nice dinning equals nice dress.

This is 1 of only 2 complaints I have about Celebrity.  There are a lot of very nice outfits for men and women that involve shorts.

A Caribbean cruise is in warm weather, people wear shorts in warm weather.

Not to worry I will have plenty of pants on my soon to leave, warm Caribbean cruise. 😄

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

Jeans are perfectly OK in the Celebrity MDR.  Shorts are allowed during the day but are not allowed in the evening.  I've seen this enforced with adults.  I don't know if they would cut some slack for a teen.  

Are jeans ok? one of dh’s go-to date night outfits is nice, dark wash jeans and a dressy shirt with nice belt and shoes. Yea or nay? He doesn’t really like ‘khakis, and he has tp wear dress pants to work everyday, so they don’t feel like a night out to him.

7 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Are jeans ok? one of dh’s go-to date night outfits is nice, dark wash jeans and a dressy shirt with nice belt and shoes. Yea or nay? He doesn’t really like ‘khakis, and he has tp wear dress pants to work everyday, so they don’t feel like a night out to him.

they are fine

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Read the FAQ link in post #4. They specifically call out designer jeans as being part of the dress code on Evening Chic evenings. I think dark wash jeans would be in that category. Your description of with dress shirt and nice belt and shoes sounds exactly like what they ask. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

Pants are required in the evening, except in the buffet.  I get it, nice dinning equals nice dress.

This is 1 of only 2 complaints I have about Celebrity.  There are a lot of very nice outfits for men and women that involve shorts.

A Caribbean cruise is in warm weather, people wear shorts in warm weather.

Not to worry I will have plenty of pants on my soon to leave, warm Caribbean cruise. 😄

I sometime need a sweater while dining in Luminae. I did ask once on Reflection (S. Caribbean cruise) about dinner at LCG and was told shorts were fine for dinner. In the end I wore long pants.

5 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Yet another dress code thread just in time for Christmas.  Allows all the Celebrity Grinches out there to tell other people how they should be dressing, so they can feel superior one last time in 2022.

Having a bad day? This was a civilized thread until you came along. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Having a bad day? This was a civilized thread until you came along. 

Not at all. Just proving my point about how anyone new to Celebrity is a nervous wreck about what they should be wearing on their first cruise after reading this forum. No other cruise line topic on CC seems to have as many fashion police comments as Celebrity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

Not at all. Just proving my point about how anyone new to Celebrity is a nervous wreck about what they should be wearing on their first cruise after reading this forum. No other cruise line topic on CC seems to have as many fashion police comments as Celebrity.

OP is doing their first Celebrity cruise and was wondering about the dress code. About shorts at dinner. They may have cruised on other cruise lines. The replies were respectful and informational. about Celebrity. Yours was not. I see from your signature that you have mostly cruised on Royal Caribbean. What happens on Royal Caribbean is not the same as on Celebrity. On Royal Caribbean there are a lot of shorts at dinner. On Celebrity there are not. I don't tell anyone what they can or can not wear. I was stating a fact. I leave it up to the cruise line to enforce or not enforce their dress code. I don't know if Celebrity is enforcing no shorts or not  or passengers are just complying on Celebrity but I know what I have seen passengers wearing.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

Excellent comment. I was worried as hell if my running shoes would be acceptable for dining venues on our last cruise. Still had dress shirts and long pants to wear. Turns out I never had a problem but was always thinking about it. I am not going to pack a pair of dress shoes on a cruise vacation as my luggage is already at or near the maximum weight due to other days spent touring either before or after the cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

The replies were respectful and informational. about Celebrity. Yours was not.

Two people posted photos of the dress code signs on here. Who goes on vacation and does that? Oh right, CC readers who are more interested in what rules people are following or not. 

Yes I like RCI, for the very reason they have relaxed their dress code so that no one is made to feel uncomfortable in their wardrobe choices. I have two cruises booked with Celebrity in the next year and worry that won’t be the case.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Two people posted photos of the dress code signs on here. Who goes on vacation and does that? Oh right, CC readers who are more interested in what rules people are following or not. 

No, CC readers who have seen the question asked multiple times and who want to post the answer.