NYE Live on Harmony, Dec 31 to Jan 7/23 - New Years Eve coming with a fresh kiss, next year's gonna be better than this year!

A&L_Ont

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Social Media, in this case from Porto Rico, seems to be overly dramatic and wrong for the most part.  A wave didn’t hit the ship and the ship wasn’t inspected to continue on.  The ship was looking at the life raft.

Probably someone on board who has no clue to what happened posted without looking into it. The captain kept us informed with announcements to what happened and why.  Nothing in our cabin was out of place. Having experienced a rouge wave I can affirm we were not “hit by a wave”. 

Here is the social media post. 

8BE897DC-7D92-4DD1-9203-A40421F5E2AB.thumb.jpeg.9176fcdd3b09c475435dbdced3d4b9ab.jpeg

Yes, the water came over and thankfully no one appears to be under it or hurt.  There were no Alpha calls during the event for injuries.  It also was not treated as an Oscar event, no call was made. I would suspect because it didn’t involve anyone from the ship. 

B9664413-BB8A-4E97-ACA3-036803702AC7.thumb.jpeg.bb3113c696e6b5835596ce20d799fef2.jpeg

I was wondering why our balcony was so wet! We had no idea!

• Like 1

2 awful reversal goals against the US.............Turning off the game now, that just want Canada to win the game. Isn't worth my time watching the game now.

That puck went in super fast into the back of the net to just be pushed over with goalie pad on top of it.

The  on ice officials are terrible.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

2 awful reversal goals against the US.............Turning off the game now, that just want Canada to win the game. Isn't worth my time watching the game now.

That puck went in super fast into the back of the net to just be pushed over with goalie pad on top of it.

Apparently you’re watching a different game…both reversals were appropriate 🧐

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stratford1950 said:

Apparently you’re watching a different game…both reversals were appropriate 🧐

If you watch the second one, watch for the puck and see how fast it went by the goal line into the back of the net......That was off a stick, not by sliding in from the goalie's pad being on top of the puck.

They showed one good replay of that, then never showed that angle of the puck going in again like that. Because it clearly showed what really happened.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If you watch the second one, watch for the puck and see how fast it went by the goal line into the back of the net......That was off a stick, not by sliding in from the goalie's pad being on top of the puck.

They showed one good replay of that, then never showed that angle of the puck going in again like that. Because it clearly showed what really happened.

Sorry but go Canada go 😎

On 12/31/2022 at 8:09 AM, mac_tlc said:

I agree. The use of WhatApp worked so well. We had 8 of us in the 4 Bedroom Villa suite and he responded so quickly to any of us. 

Not sure he will remember but tell him Mike, Terri and the family of 8 from August say HI!

If you happen to see Mariana, she is a Loft Attendant on that side of the lofts,  in the hallway tell her Mike and Terri said Hello. She is one of the sweetest people we have met. 

Have a wonderful time ! 

BTW, I still miss periscope! 

mac_tlc

I'm really late on this but I agree that Marijana is a great suite attendant! We had her last year when we were in 1722.

2 hours ago, barbeyg said:

My coworkers are all friends, but some of them might just call me bad names when I send them vacay pics. 😂 

It’s my SIL and she works for our family business. She was excited when I told her I was going tequila shopping as she knows a bottle will be hers. 😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Looks like the view from CK.

mac_tlc

@mac_tlc you win the 🏆 for the day. 

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Also try Pellegrino.  My husbans swears by it.

I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion. 

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Jimbo I can attest as an extremely frequent hockey viewer and attendee, there will be more replay views that the officials see that the viewers at home won’t.

It isn’t an “us” VS “you” thing because it is being held in Canada. It is the way hockey goals are called it called off for the home or away team. 

That said, let’s go Canada. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wildcatfish said:

I was wondering why our balcony was so wet! We had no idea!

Probably a good thing you were not out there. It would have startled you had you been out there. The video was insane and thankfully no one was under it, especially a baby in a stroller. 

• Like 3

I was at the rink watching iSkate, and a special thanks to @Yorkvillainfor sending me scores of the game. Also thanks to Apple for a watch that allows for easy viewing of messages. 

BCE32AD1-5AFA-4AE3-AD7F-8F86A5E37AE8.thumb.jpeg.e0c581bdfca5bdad4da00c5ccbdaffcb.jpeg

DC0CA1FA-84A0-49DD-8041-10FBF73D839F.thumb.jpeg.da48c23ab157a1f1d450c40fc63fad42.jpeg

31FCEDAD-40F7-40AB-9FB1-A11004A152E7.thumb.jpeg.da4a695f26208b9a724a51a8c026102b.jpeg

The crew even had a GoPro set up filming their performance.

A21DE010-9F85-43C7-BD61-98035A30E5A9.thumb.jpeg.c2ce67d378caec25c5d151d332a69ad4.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

the 1st goal called back was a bit questionable, the 2nd one, they made the right call. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was at the rink watching iSkate, and a special thanks to @Yorkvillainfor sending me scores of the game. 

Well done Team Canada. Way to shake off that early rust, dominate on the forecheck and pull away.

We Americans can complain about the two overturned calls all we want - however Milic was an absolute beast in net all night for Canada while our goalie and mistake-filled defense let Canada score 5 times and add an empty netter to boot. Canada wins this game even if those goals are not overturned.

Congrats Andrew and friends up north. The best team won……….again.  🇨🇦 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

@A&L_Ont What was your thoughts on Flight Line?  Worth the time/effort to go see? 
Is that the only show in the Aqua Theater? 

Fine Line was good. Not as much diving as other shows though. There is another Aqua show called Hideaway Heist.  We didn’t see it again this cruise but it was good as well. 

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Jimbo I can attest as an extremely frequent hockey viewer and attendee, there will be more replay views that the officials see that the viewers at home won’t.

It isn’t an “us” VS “you” thing because it is being held in Canada. It is the way hockey goals are called it called off for the home or away team. 

That said, let’s go Canada. 

Have to disagree with you on this one, first goal was legit. The Canadian goaltender didn't even complain. He knew he was not interfered with.

Second goal should have counted because you always play until you here a whistle. You are taught that from peewee hockey on up. There was no whistle, that goal should have counted too.

If those 2 goals count the whole tide of the game changes.

When they choose to disallow both those  2 goals you took the heart right out of the Americans. Pretty much ruined the outcome.

Pretty sure Canada would have been happier allowing both those goals and then it would have been  a much more exciting win for them if they could come back and win it rather then the way this game was won.

Didn't really matter to me who won this game, just would have been better watching a  fair contested game. This one was not that.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3450955/team-usa-gets-robbed-of-2-goals-in-plain-daylight-by-refs-lose-to-canada-in-world-juniors-semifinals

Edited by Jimbo

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Fine Line was good. Not as much diving as other shows though. There is another Aqua show called Hideaway Heist.  We didn’t see it again this cruise but it was good as well. 

Thanks.  We have made our reservation for Fine Line . Do not see Hideaway Heist listed but will check when we are onboard. 

Our last Oasis class cruise was on Allure and as suite guest (2018) we did not have to worry about show reservations, except the comedy club but I prefer to have the reservations in case something has changed since we last sailed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Thanks.  We have made our reservation for Fine Line . Do not see Hideaway Heist listed but will check when we are onboard. 

Our last Oasis class cruise was on Allure and as suite guest (2018) we did not have to worry about show reservations, except the comedy club but I prefer to have the reservations in case something has changed since we last sailed. 

Hideaway Heist is a non reservation show but I do like your plan. 

• Thanks 1

Good morning from Costa Maya with a morning update from the balcony. I think Costa Maya must translate to hotter than a snakes crack in a wagon right. I’m perspiring from places I didn’t know possible.

Sunrise. 

C820C0F9-DFA0-47F2-A33A-F603E39872BD.thumb.jpeg.fe9fbf66d37b9537d03fc679d9e8c7b3.jpeg

Land ahead. 

2DF5E80A-906C-4177-88B9-134325916BFB.thumb.jpeg.bdc31a2cc2f6d64f0518abb2a7e91068.jpeg

Owen has earned another band. He can now self load and do stand up. There is a wrist in there somewhere. 

106362C9-5868-42AF-A11A-C591F9540E87.thumb.jpeg.f407e25e2b69b2d5cca5e42c287513ac.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 12