NYE Live on Harmony, Dec 31 to Jan 7/23 - New Years Eve coming with a fresh kiss, next year's gonna be better than this year!

A&L_Ont

I’m not sure about the second part of my title, but I know my New Year is going to start with a fresh kiss.  

Macklemore, thanks for such a great song with Next Year. It’s going to be my marching tune, the theme for this live review.  Wanna get pumped up, hit play.  Heads up, there might be a one or two bad words so please skip it if you want. 

• Like 24

Hey Dani, you beat me to it. How about the rest of you?

Have you ever sailed on NYE?  

Have you ever sailed on your birthday?  

I haven’t, until now.  Had things been different last year, I would have celebrated my 50th birthday on a ship. It’s almost a year later and I’m hitting 51 on the 31st.  For me, it’s time for two firsts, NYE and my birthday on a ship. This will be a lot of fun. 

• Like 21

Who’s with me?  Well, I know Lisa and Owen sure are.  

We sail Saturday on Harmony, out of Fort Lauderdale. Cabin and itinerary will follow later, but let’s be honest - the ship is the destination.  We are flying down a couple days early and are really looking forward to getting out of the cold everyone has had to endure these last few days. Even the people of Florida have had to suffer. (pull out the tiniest violin) 😉

Christmas was packed away yesterday and our suitcases are the ready. Lucy knows something is up, but Sharon will take great care of her. 

Lucy last week. 

D588968D-FE89-44D8-81B4-9C5C90462215.thumb.jpeg.abb554cc806b7ce984b32a775e4d4959.jpeg

What a difference a few days makes with the snow.  Don’t worry, she isn’t buried.  She will however give us the look of indifference tomorrow morning. 

37BE4CC9-72B1-48BD-920E-71202DD02189.thumb.jpeg.99a48130c9399b19ae358f94199a0fe6.jpeg

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

How about the rest of you?

I haven’t, until now.  Had things been different last year, I would have celebrated my 50th birthday on a ship. It’s almost a year later and I’m hitting 51 on the 31st.  For me, it’s time for two firsts, NYE and my birthday on a ship. This will be a lot of fun. 

You're going to have a wonderful time!  I had the pleasure of celebrating my 60th birthday and Christmas with extended family on Liberty 11 years ago.  It was my best birthday ever.  Have fun, and take lots of pictures!

• Like 3

How did we spent our day today? We went out for a celebratory pre-birthday lunch at the Keg Steakhouse with the grandmas. 

What’s on the plate you ask?  Billy Miner Pie.  If you ever go to the Keg it is a great dessert. 

0F7ED343-8D5C-4317-B5EA-35203689C64A.thumb.jpeg.d397a94067ee932e5563dfe8c7182471.jpeg

• Like 23

Have a great cruise and a happy birthday.  I will be following along.  We have been warming up Ft. Lauderdale for you.  It was up to 79° today. 

Here is to the start of a great New Year. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 3

What else did we do today?  We knocked off all the items on the to-do list.  All that said, 8am tomorrow we head to Detroit for our Delta flight to FLL.

Thank goodness it isn’t Southwest. Many on my roll call have been effected, with folks changing flights to other carriers and some even driving from Chicago and Texas.  

Speaking of driving, these are some of games played in Canada this time of year. I’m very familiar with all of them. By the forecast tomorrow we should be OK. 🤞

82B58062-B61A-41D0-8488-3C37DEF5FDF4.jpeg.f368efdd71b392d1dcc0735d07878ebc.jpeg

D9C9558E-C9B1-4BA4-85A3-035724926862.thumb.jpeg.c2e1970f1e0555aa51a24366b4a6b395.jpeg

FFA25004-766F-46C2-87D2-F2700C8D165F.jpeg.32f095f662d4bc476864dab6daffa98b.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 30

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Have a great cruise and a happy birthday.  I will be following along.  We have been warming up Ft. Lauderdale for you.  It was up to 79° today. 

We have been following the forecast and are very happy to see and hear this good news. 

• Like 1

We are just flaked out getting ready to wind down and guess what movie is on TV?  Grease. I have seen it numerous times in the Royal Theatre but never on TV. Is this an omen, or a sign to change the channel?  I guess Lisa will tell me. 

OK, back to the scheduled material. After the Christmas festivities and days of eating, I’m not sure how we will survive a cruise, but it’s a sacrifice we’ll make. No calories on a cruise so we are good.  

So, who else is coming with us?  If you don’t want to follow pre-cruise adventures come back Saturday morning.  If you want to see what we get up to checkin tomorrow and Friday. No matter the case, hit subscribe to follow along.  

Get ready to raise your glass to the sky, like we’re trying to grab the chandelier,  cause next years gonna be better than this year. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sailed on Anthem NYE 2021when Omicron was surging.  9 night cruise that ended up only having 2 port stops (St. Maarten and Antigua).  Labadee and San Juan were cancelled prior to sailing, St. Thomas was a substitute but cancelled en route.  St. Kitts was a substitute, but we woke up in Antigua.  

Sailed on Grandeur 10 nights for my 52nd birthday and Grandeur 12 nights for my 55th birthday.

I love cruising for my birthday so hats off to you being on a cruise for your birthday. I'll be on a ship in a little over a month from now for my bday as well. I look forward to your review. Enjoy every moment of your New Yeats and birthday combo cruise adventure !

• Like 1

Well, I don't know if I would like Macklemore on a portable speaker.... But the video and song are great! 😀 Have a wonderful time. Happy Birthday. Happy New Year. And we look forward to following along. ☺️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hey Dani, you beat me to it. How about the rest of you?

Yes, on my birthday, no on NY Eve.  We have celebrated Krystal’s last two birthdays on a cruise.  Our anniversary as well a few times.  

Have fun.  

Be careful with the sports staff, there are two lovely ladies there, that look alike. I kept calling Veronica Hannah, and Hannah Veronica.  One if from Russia (I think) and the other South Africa.  

• Like 2