Electric Outlets

Typical balcony cabin on Symphony will have a couple of 110v US outlets at desk and 220v European outlet.  Ours had another 220v under the desk that powered a multi outlet insert into the desk (3 US, couple of USB).  Problem with most outlets is that they are clustered too close together to fully use them unless you have narrow plugs.  There is also an outlet behind the TV that you might be able to reach.

My wife and I are CPAP users, we had 110 outlets on both sides of our bed.  They put a construction type 25 foot extension cord in the room for us anyway, we used it for Christmas lights in the living area .  On symphony, I don't think electrical outlets and USB outlets are much of an issue for most folks.  However, I would always recommend bring the extension bars/blocks, w/o surge protectors (although, I haven't found anything written about that but some folks say that they have been confiscated on embarkation day), whatever you call them, as long as they don't have a cord attached to them.  I bring a ton of electronics so the existing USB and 110's are not enough, for me.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:02 PM, Ret MP said:

My wife and I are CPAP users, we had 110 outlets on both sides of our bed.  They put a construction type 25 foot extension cord in the room for us anyway, we used it for Christmas lights in the living area .  On symphony, I don't think electrical outlets and USB outlets are much of an issue for most folks.  However, I would always recommend bring the extension bars/blocks, w/o surge protectors (although, I haven't found anything written about that but some folks say that they have been confiscated on embarkation day), whatever you call them, as long as they don't have a cord attached to them.  I bring a ton of electronics so the existing USB and 110's are not enough, for me.

If you look on the Royal website you will find extension cords lists under banned items.  Not saying it’ll be confiscated for sure.  But it could be.  I always bring European adapters so I can use the 220 outlets for phones, laptops, tablets. 

2 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

If you look on the Royal website you will find extension cords lists under banned items.  Not saying it’ll be confiscated for sure.  But it could be.  I always bring European adapters so I can use the 220 outlets for phones, laptops, tablets. 

Yes, I've heard/read of people saying that they have managed to get the banned "extension cords" on the ship(s) without a problem.  But, I'm a rule follower and I just bring the power blocks, without cord, and without surge protector, as I said above.  My comment about not being able to find, "I haven't found anything written" was about the "surge protector(s)".  They are not listed in the FAQ but many have said that they are banned because the electrical system on a ship isn't like the one in our homes.