Open letter to Christine Duffy!

pzsdd6

no bacon everyother day 1 time room clean no sauteed mushrooms have to go on a treasure hunt for you vip gifts no food at the platinum party wrote a letter complaining about my balcony on the magic so much soot couldnt sit out and enjoy wrote a letter to customer service got a form letter saying sorry after the fact  and now gratuities are going up so this morning I cancelled my cruise and took the $200 loss will now look into land vacations for awhile  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can we get a breakdown of the “huge problems” that everyone experiences? 

I am just curious as to what they are.

Bacon?

2x vs 1x daily room cleaning?

Too strong drinks? Really?

Fries? 

Crew is miserable? VS Crew is happy?

Good Food? vs Crap food?

Why the guest services line is always a mile long? What are people's issues? Are they self created?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, markkw07 said:

Can we get a breakdown of the “huge problems” that everyone experiences? 

I am just curious as to what they are.

Bacon?

2x vs 1x daily room cleaning?

Too strong drinks? Really?

Fries? 

Crew is miserable? VS Crew is happy?

Good Food? vs Crap food?

Why the guest services line is always a mile long? What are people's issues? Are they self created?

I can answer this after my MG cruise in 2 weeks.  I doubt that people overall have huge problems.  I just think that they wish things were like they were back in the good old days (pre covid).  Airlines, hotels, restaurants, cruises and everything else is different and sometimes it seems a bit much. If you cruise on Carnival, you should expect a Carnival "Fun", but value experience.  It is very different from Royal Suite class or the Celebrity Retreat.  I do expect mostly good service and food, especially in the lunch venues.  BTW...I like strong drinks and hope that I get some!     

Not long ago, many of you where whining and crying about not being able to cruise and now it's all complaining due to changes made following the shutdown.

Carnival lost MILLIONS (maybe Billions) during the shutdown, they have to recoup those losses, they still have debts to pay.

Yes, they raised prices and reduced some services. Do you really need twice a day room cleanings? What hotel you stay at that does twice a day service?

Seems to me, the things folks are complaining about are some of those most petty things.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Not long ago, many of you where whining and crying about not being able to cruise and now it's all complaining due to changes made following the shutdown.

Carnival lost MILLIONS (maybe Billions) during the shutdown, they have to recoup those losses, they still have debts to pay.

Yes, they raised prices and reduced some services. Do you really need twice a day room cleanings? What hotel you stay at that does twice a day service?

Seems to me, the things folks are complaining about are some of those most petty things.

Carnival is not a charity - they have to earn every dollar they get out of me, the fact that they're billions in debt isn't my problem. If anything they should be working harder to convince people to cruise with them and spend more money, not constantly take things away.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I remember when so many were thrilled when cruising restarted. How quickly some turned. Some of the biggest complainers seem to be those cruising on virtually FREE cruises. Unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I seem to see complaints about all lines, and my favorite place being Disney, they have a ton of complaints.

Personally I don't expect a lot from my vacations, I like decent food (I am not a foodie), good drinks, friendly staff, and to just have a relaxing nice time. 

I do think sometimes however many of the CEO's and such should really spend a day like we do on these vacations that we often have to save up to even be able to take. Some of the cutbacks haven't bothered me, but they really are everywhere.

Edited by mom2tcdx2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

With all due respect, maybe you should be considering another line?

Yes, where the cabins are serviced twice daily and the buffet bacon flows like milk and honey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Love it complain, complain. Complain and then….I board on Sunday.  Dirty water…really?

I'm not complaining. As I said most of what i wrote is based on what people are saying. 

There was a post where several people said their stewards weren't changing the water cabin to cabin and it was visibly dirty. And others saying drinks are watered down.

As far as twice a day service pre2020 Carnival kept saying they have twice a day service but once onboard the stews would ask guests if they want or ing or night. That's a fact, happened to me personally on 3 cruises. 

Finally, if you don't like a post move on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

John Heald did not lie. You could still have service twice a day and we DID. Our last pre-covid cruise was Carnival Conquest, Feb 8-15, 2020.

lincoln-meme.jpg

I was on my last precovid cruise Feb 2020 also. We sailed with friends. Our steward asked if we wanted morning OR evening. We cruise alot so we said both. The steward was annoyed and said hes too busy and showed us a card that showed am or pm. No choice for both but he wrote it in and did come. Our friends had a different steward who also gave them am or pm. They didn't know you could get both so they chose am. 

I read posts on John's page telling him this and he denied you only get one or the other.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I was on my last precovid cruise Feb 2020 also. We sailed with friends. Our steward asked if we wanted morning OR evening. We cruise alot so we said both. The steward was annoyed and said hes too busy and showed us a card that showed am or pm. No choice for both but he wrote it in and did come. Our friends had a different steward who also gave them am or pm. They didn't know you could get both so they chose am. 

I read posts on John's page telling him this and he denied you only get one or the other.  

Thank you for confirming twice a day service.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Thank you for confirming twice a day 

Very clever. 🙄 Personally I don't consider having to insist on something is being offered twice a day service. And as I stated our friends were told morning OR evening. Counting is hard but that's once. 

I always find it odd when certain people can't handle that Carnival has flaws. Very weird. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

Very clever. 🙄 Personally I don't consider having to insist on something is being offered twice a day service. And as I stated our friends were told morning OR evening. Counting is hard but that's once. 

I always find it odd when certain people can't handle that Carnival has flaws. Very weird. 

Twice a day is twice a day. But it is moot. Cruising will never again be as it was pre-covid. Service on Carnival is once a day, tipping is per day not per service, period. It isn't rocket science.

4 hours ago, 64funwhisper said:

no bacon everyother day 1 time room clean no sauteed mushrooms have to go on a treasure hunt for you vip gifts no food at the platinum party wrote a letter complaining about my balcony on the magic so much soot couldnt sit out and enjoy wrote a letter to customer service got a form letter saying sorry after the fact  and now gratuities are going up so this morning I cancelled my cruise and took the $200 loss will now look into land vacations for awhile  

Maybe that's Carnival's plan to get back into profitability - getting people angry enough that they forfeit their deposits, allowing Carnival to keep the money and resell their cabin to someone else...

That might generate way more money than the interest on prepaid gratuities!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Twice a day is twice a day. But it is moot. Cruising will never again be as it was pre-covid. Service on Carnival is once a day, tipping is per day not per service, period. It isn't rocket science.

If you want to get all technical, tipping is also optional, period. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I remember when so many were thrilled when cruising restarted. How quickly some turned. Some of the biggest complainers seem to be those cruising on virtually FREE cruises. Unbelievable.

Not sure why they wasted the postage on this (received yesterday). Obviously, there's nothing in it for them (but they need to check their records and see how many times I've sailed in an Oceanview cabin)...

i-cBvKV7L-L.jpg

But... that does catch your eye......   FREE + DRINKS   !!  🙂 

Tom

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - take solace that change is the only constant. You can't step into the same river twice, etc...  🙂

Tom

I said at the beginning of it, the world will never be the same again. Work rules, restaurants and social places.

People STILL stand 6' apart (or close) when cueing for a line. 

These are some of those changes.

You also can't expect a company to shut down for 2 years, take massive losses, and not try to make changes to re-coup those losses.

• Like 3

Any cruise, any plane trip, any hotel stay, any dining at any restaurant is NOT necessarily going to hit every single grand expectation you may have.  Any future cruise, any future plane trip, any future hotel stay, any future meal at any restaurant is NOT necessarily going to live up to any overreaching expectations you had from the prior cruise, plane trip hotel stay or meal. And the further time has travelled on since those last encounters, the less likely the next experience will match your memories.

Most of the grousing I see on these boards are over petty little things.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1