Diamond lounge gone?

On 1/6/2023 at 12:06 PM, alphawave1 said:

So I read that the Diamond lounge is gone? I have read that they are now giving “tickets” for some number of drinks per day? Anyone know if this is true? If so, how many? 

Where have you been in the last couple years?  Yes, they have a lounge but because of overcrowding, they tried some new things to spread it out.  Not everyone likes being crammed into a small lounge, and then they gave free drinks only during happy hour, but decided that the concept was a hit, so it was expanded to the entire day.  But this is old news

1 hour ago, alphawave1 said:

Usually, we had our pre-dinner drink(s) in DL, then used the vouchers after dinner, say in the theatres, etc. don’t know if this is still allowed. 

Now with the vouchers if you are in the DL you have to use them. Before when they were giving the 3 vouchers to D and above you could drink for free in the DL and use the 3 elsewhere, but not anymore.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

On Brilliance, they roped off the back bar of the Colony Club for P's.  They put out a few apps, but there were only around 8-10 people occupying that space.  It was a waste of space.

Have had that on EX B2B2B last year.  A dozen or less Pinnies...indeed a waste to set aside a Pinnacle event (which was held in the Library on that ship).   They finally shut it down and let the Pinnies into the CL.  

Will be interesting to see what they do on Voyager B2B2B starting end of the month.  

Edited by island lady

32 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can even use 5 at once and get a bottle of wine 

Not every bar will do that though.   We had good experience with it on Odyssey, with the bartender at Giovanni's wine bar suggesting it to us, though he said it is not advertised.  

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not every bar will do that though.   We had good experience with it on Odyssey, with the bartender at Giovanni's wine bar suggesting it to us, though he said it is not advertised.  

Are there limitations as to what kind of wine?

* or the value of 5 vouchers or less?

17 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

With the appropriate cash in hand to grease the skids, we have had luck in the $80 category

We'll have to try it...heard about the 5V=wine during CWO lunch...but no one was sure what wine was offered. Thanks! :classic_smile:

56 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Are there limitations as to what kind of wine?

* or the value of 5 vouchers or less?

I picked one that I could normally get free glass with voucher.  (Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc).   Only did it the one time, not sure about other wines.   Asked about it on other ships...but answer was no.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2023 at 11:13 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

On some ships/cruises,  pinnacle members also are not allowed in the concierge lounge. That is the current status of the January 6 Jewel cruise. 

They made a Diamond lounge overflow. 
m

Isn’t that when there are more than a certain number of pinnacles on a given cruise?  In scenarios of high numbers, Pinnacles may lose access to the SL/CK as well as I understand it.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I picked one that I could normally get free glass with voucher.  (Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc).   Only did it the one time, not sure about other wines.   Asked about it on other ships...but answer was no.  

Thanks!

Wish I had known about this sooner.

*See photo of our fridge on the Voyager...could've been wine instead.:classic_smile:

20220826_155541.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

Isn’t that when there are more than a certain number of pinnacles on a given cruise?  In scenarios of high numbers, Pinnacles may lose access to the SL/CK as well as I understand it.  

There is no SL or CK on Jewel.  

The threshold on both Serenade (that we just disembarked from recently) and Jewel (on board currently) is 30...if there are over that number...they restrict the Pinnacles not in a suite from the CL.   

Last week on Jewel (holiday week) there were 39, but they decided to let them in as an exception.  This week....41 of us.  Not allowed into the CL.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Thanks!

Wish I had known about this sooner.

*See photo of our fridge on the Voyager...could've been wine instead.:classic_smile:

20220826_155541.jpg

LOL...mine currently on Jewel has 3 bottles of SB in it.   One I brought on board, two they gave me.  

B2B 7 night= 14 nights.  On a 6/8 B2B cruise = 14 nights. 

Here is the catch.  

For Pinnacles (and I think 350 point D+) two 7 night cruises = 6 bottles (3 per week).  

But for a B2B having one 6 and one 8 night combo = 4 bottles, since you only get one bottle for a 6 night cruise. 

Very tricky RCI.  😖

Edited by island lady

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

There is no SL or CK on Jewel.  

The threshold on both Serenade (that we just disembarked from recently) and Jewel (on board currently) is 30...if there are over that number...they restrict the Pinnacles not in a suite from the CL.   

Last week on Jewel (holiday week) there were 39, but they decided to let them in as an exception.  This week....41 of us.  Not allowed into the CL.  

I know what ships have a CK.  

My comment was in general.  Point being, if P numbers are high they restrict access regardless of the ship or whether it is called a CL or SL/CK.  

Your prior post made it sound like it was a new permanent thing on that ship.  I was asking if it was just due to high numbers (whatever they deem as the threshold).  

2 minutes ago, topnole said:

I know what ships have a CK.  

My comment was in general.  Point being, if P numbers are high they restrict access regardless of the ship or whether it is called a CL or SL/CK.  

Your prior post made it sound like it was a new permanent thing on that ship.  I was asking if it was just due to high numbers (whatever they deem as the threshold).  

Sorry.  You were quoting cruisegirl1 who was talking about current set up on on our January 6th Jewel cruise.  Guess I thought that was what you were replying to. 

And yes...ship to ship has their own version of "we have reached our threshold".   I have no idea which ship has which limit beyond those two ships recently. 

I know the non-suite Pinnies were not allowed in CK or the SL on Wonder TA a couple of months ago...there were over 300 of us on that one.  Don't know what their threshold was...and did not ask.  I was in a GS...which I always book if on a ship with CK, thus never have to worry about being excluded.  

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sorry.  You were quoting cruisegirl1 who was talking about current set up on on our January 6th Jewel cruise.  Guess I thought that was what you were replying to. 

And yes...ship to ship has their own version of "we have reached our threshold".   I have no idea which ship has which limit beyond those two ships recently. 

I know the non-suite Pinnies were not allowed in CK or the SL on Wonder TA a couple of months ago...there were over 300 of us on that one.  Don't know what their threshold was...and did not ask.  I was in a GS...which I always book if on a ship with CK, thus never have to worry about being excluded.  

I heard a number for oasis class but I can’t remember it now.  But I’m sure it is far less than 300.  Lol.  I’ve done an Oasis class TA in a suite and I can tell you that 300+ pins destroys the experience of the SL/CK.  It’s just a crowing issue. Not a knock on pins.  Royal doesn’t seem to make that mistake anymore.  

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Did not know this.  Can you share to make this work.  We are sailing next month.  TIA

54 minutes ago, topnole said:

I heard a number for oasis class but I can’t remember it now.  But I’m sure it is far less than 300.  Lol.  I’ve done an Oasis class TA in a suite and I can tell you that 300+ pins destroys the experience of the SL/CK.  It’s just a crowing issue. Not a knock on pins.  Royal doesn’t seem to make that mistake anymore.  

Gives me an excuse to say to Bucky:   "Oh Honey...this ship has a CK...we just have to book a full suite".  😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Gives me an excuse to say to Bucky:   "Oh Honey...this ship has a CK...we just have to book a full suite".  😄 😄 

Somehow I’m thinking you don’t need an excuse.  Lol.  

• Like 1

Is the separate dining area for breakfast still a Diamond perk? It's been a few years since we've been on Royal. On Oasis if that matters. Thanks. 

I know we can go to the DL and get continental, but generally prefer regular breakfast. 

11 minutes ago, ORV said:

Is the separate dining area for breakfast still a Diamond perk? It's been a few years since we've been on Royal. On Oasis if that matters. Thanks. 

I know we can go to the DL and get continental, but generally prefer regular breakfast. 

Currently on Voyager and not that w we can tell.  We're D+.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I do not have an option.  If there is a CK my DW is going to want to dine there so not booking a suite is not an option. 

8 hours ago, ORV said:

That went away when all ships now have a DL....with the continental breakfast in the lounge.